July 30, 2014 | 1870 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Retinol Fusion PM

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by xhh2011

since I'm only nineteen, I cannot say much for its wrinkle/fine line reducing properties. However, I mainly bought this to help combat breakouts and milia. realistically, its not an overnight or even fortnight miracle product. it took me a good solid month to see a reduction in milia and the breakouts. I can honestly say this, coupled with some other products has resulted in no breakouts for the past three months, (on the condition I dont scratch/pick/squeeze any part of my face). it has a liquid like consistency so you have to be careful when dispensing it. I initially started with 3drops on each cheek, one on the forehead and one on the chin area, but have reduced it to 2 drops on each cheek and 1 drop each on the forehead and chin. on initial application it leaves a smooth silky finish on the skin, non sticky or drying and it absorbes into the skin well. I sometimes don't put anything after, but I sometimes use the PTR glycolic acid moisturiser. the magic happens the next day, I usually wake up to 'plumped up' skin that feels wonderful. the effects last even after my morning wash. I follow up with a homemade green tea oil toner, clinique moisturising gel, sunscreen and on occasion some concealer. I usually use it once every 2 days, because I only use it to maintain my skin. a bottle lasts a reasonably long time, six months in and I have slightly more than half remaining. overall, its a lovely product but be realistic in your expectations, just give it some time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

UPDATED REVIEW:
I couldn't bring myself to toss a nearly full bottle of this product, so I gave it another chance. I'm so glad I did! I diligently applied moisturizer with SPF 30 the following day after each application after the past three nights and have had no problems with redness or irritation. All of the redness is gone, and my pores are back to normal, if not smaller! A couple of small hormonal pimples that had developed on my chin with my cycle are also quickly clearing up. The fine lines on my forehead are decreasing, and my skin looks great overall. Since the weather here has been getting warmer, I simply cleanse and tone my face, apply the serum and go to sleep. I find that I don't need a separate moisturizer over it, and a little goes a long way. As far as issues with the packaging and the dropper, I understand that it maintains the integrity of the product, so I won't complain about the bottle and the dropper if it keeps the retinol more stabilized. I am SO glad I gave this another chance. Use your SPF!

Original review:
I decided to give this retinol serum a try after reading such rave reviews. Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing this product. My skin is both combination (nose and chin are oily, rest is normal/dry) and sometimes reactive/sensitive, and products can be very hit or miss. I had been using retinol previously, but in a much more gentle formulation. I had my red nose pointed out to me today, and I was shocked to see just how red my face was as a whole, with a Rudolph nose. My pores also seemed enormous, which isn't a problem I've had in the past.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This is good.I've tried various retinol products.My problem? At 57 I need something I can use around eyes as this is where the lines are.This does not sting.It's reduced the crepiness around eyes without irritation.It's very watery on application but it does work.Leaves rest of skin poreless. Not at all greasy and absorbs well.So impressed.If you're looking for a retinol prescription free serum this is it.I can use this every night with no problems , but be careful, it is 1.5% retinol, so others may have to experiment a little to see how it suits.But believe me this is worth considering if you're like me,looking for a good anti aging serum as us more mature ladies and gents do. Go for it!!This IS one to try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I've just started using this product a couple weeks ago. So far, it seems to be working. The liquid goes on smoothly and silkily. It does not burn or sting. I apply it nightly under a facial oil. It did leave my nose peeling for a little while, so I apply it with a light hand. I do not see any miracle effects or evening of the skin tone but the texture of my skin is definitely smoother and my breakouts are controlled. I would actually rate this 3.5 stars for the moment until I can see if there is a reduction in pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MsDime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Much like the STRIVECTIN products, ***this stuff works!*** (1) WHAT drew me to it was the 1.5% retinoI potency. And the fact that it is LISTED on the jar. I pair this with my strivectin cream and eye cream (mega peptides and it works!) and boy I get compliments on my skin which Im not used to getting! And even I can see the firming and improvements. (2) I'm SO GLAD THIS IS THIN (BUT IT DOES MOISTERIZE WITH SQUALINE) so it doesn't block the other antiagers that I put on top of it or mix with it. (3) And the fact that it moisturizes is wonderful!!!! How much better can you get with that??? Not ANY.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll keep this short, as there are plenty of other reviews describing various attributes of the product. I used an entire bottle and didn't notice enough difference in lines, brightness or sun damage to want to run out and repurchase.

Good points were: silky consistency, sinks in quickly, didn't burn, irritate or break me out as some other retinol products have, no flaking or dryness. Bad points: nothing terrible -- the annoying eye dropper delivery system and glass bottle, maybe. But mostly just that, for the money, I didn't notice any "wow" factor or improvement superior to what my Neutrogena anti-wrinkle night cream gives me. I did check on Paula's site and see that it's best for normal to dry skin and sometimes I can slide into the oily zone, so maybe that's why I noticed less effect. I suppose some day I'll splurge again because it's an intriguing product, but for now the cost is too high vs. the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in a kit from QVC with the Laser Free stuff, unwrinkle pads, face wash etc
I was really impressed with this.
I used it nightly and noticed positive results right away.
I've always been a fan of the Unwrinkle Peel Pads and I am just impressed with everything I've tried so far from PTR. I am planning on buying the full size asap.
It does make my skin smooth and have a glow.
I had zero redness or irritation and use nightly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing! Another product in the PTR kit I got from QVC...Great value!!
The consistency is very thin--like water. This is very different from the heavy, gloopy serums I'm used to (I'm talking to you Philosophy). I love that it's so light and absorbs so quickly. You don't need alot to cover your entire face...because it's so liquid it really spreads well with a little gentle buffing.
What was really shocking was that it wasn't burny to my very sensitive skin. When I hear "retinol" I think old-school ones I tried a few years ago that could eat the paint off your wall (Think "Retin A"). But this is really nicely balanced and gentle...but effective.
I noticed after my night application of this and other PTR products, that my skin was smooth, plump yet firm/taught, and my fine lines were temporarily diminished. There was no redness or irritation(except for the PTR eye serum)....overall, my skin looked nice, well-rested and well-cared for...and I hadn't even gotten to bed yet.lol
I'm kind of on the fence still about the products all being so light-weight. My skin is very dry so I need moisture...and it's different to have these so effectively absorbed but actually doing their job. I've tried heavy Korean 'sleep packs' that feel like grease and I can feel on my skin all night...And as effective as they are, most of them ultimately make me break out...So far, PTR has not caused any breakouts and my skin seems to be tolerating them well (except for the eye serum unfortunately).
I'm looking forward to continuing to use this serum, and for future auto deliveries :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love PTR products, and this retinol is no exception.

Over the last few years, my skin has made the transition from chaotic, unbalanced 20-something skin to more even-but-older 30's skin. This product is what has helped with the next phase of whatever my skin is going into.

I have dry skin, am very slightly acne prone, with maybe a couple breakouts a year, but extremely prone to blackheads and clogged pores. I have slightly enlarged pores on my T-zone, with clogged pores on my chin and cheeks. In addition, I have fine lines cropping up on my forehead, under eye, and smile lines. I also have some sun damage.

I started using this three times a week about a month ago. On alternating nights, I use a mild glycol moisturizer (PTR) or a thick moisturizer. In a short time, I have noticed my skin has leveled out as far as dryness, retains moisture better in the day, and reduced the number of blackheads. Furthermore, stubborn blackheads that I have had for years are finally "freeing" themselves. I even had one nasty pimple on my chin about the time that I started using it. The mark left from it has almost entirely disappeared in 2 weeks time, something that would have normally taken a month at least, given my fair skin. Sun spots haven't faded drastically, but will update in a couple months time. I have yet to see an effect on existing fine lines, but I receive compliments on how young I look all the time and noticed that no new ones have cropped up. I'm a teacher and I am very expressive with my face all day. This is the first time in years that I haven't noticed new wrinkles pop up within the first couple months of school.

This has completely changed my skincare routine. I use less "lotions and potions" now, as I don't really need them. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT.

It is CRUCIAL you use an SPF along side any retinol or glycolic, as they have a tendency to thin out skin and make it more susceptible to sun damage. In my case, I use PTR SPF 30 cream as my base, with Hourglass No. 28 primer and tinted moisturizer.

I will only use this product from October to April, as the shortened winter days from my Boston location protect my skin. The risk of more sun damage from using retinol frightens me too much to use it during the long days of summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have been using this nightly for quite some time and have found that it doesn't make too much of a difference in my skin.

The product itself is very watery and I have no idea of how much I should really be applying. I use one dropper initially then see if I have missed any areas, then use another few drops if I feel that I haven't covered everything. This does sink in fast in some areas of my face, so I am probably using way more than is necessary.

I have noticed an odd smell to this...almost like cinnamon. I wonder if I have a bad batch or whether this is normal! I haven't broken out from this which is a good thing but I also haven't seen any miraculous changes to my skin. For reference I have a very oily nose and chin, slightly oily forehead and very dry cheeks. This product sunk into my skin really well on my oily areas but my dry places were left with a strange film on top.

I wouldn't buy this again as I haven't seen any improvement at all (only an increase in softness which could be attributed to other products I am using alongside this), and I had to add another moisturizer on top in order to make my skin feel comfortable.