October 26, 2014 | 981 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Firmx Growth Factor Neuropeptide Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by gumbydog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

No one likes Peter Thomas Roth products more than me, so I felt fairly optimistic when forking out $70 bucks to buy Growth Factor, especially so when MUA users gave it a good rating.

Sigh. You would think after buying numerous high-end firming/contour products and experiencing zero results for big bucks, I would have learned a thing or two. Nope. Hope springs eternal. Specifically, the hope that one could evade the surgeon's scalpel.

This product trumpets its "10 astonishing results", to wit, after 4 weeks, 100% of participants in their study experienced: firmness, decrease of wrinkles, increased elasticity, better texture, radiance and moisturization.

They will need to revise their statistics to 99% of participants. To be honest, I saw no results. And I really really wanted to see results. In dim lighting I would thrilled to see a more youthful face, but in the unforgiving daylight, I had to admit defeat.

This product lasted me about two months. I only used it once per day, instead of the recommended 2 times per day, as my face became to greasy with this, sun block and the intense heat and humidity of a Hong Kong summer. I used it on my face and neck each night.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best serums I've tried to date and if you've checked my reviews, I've tried plenty! I am using this for day under makeup because it really firms and tightens and the effect just seems to get better the longer I use it. Its companion product, Instant FirmX, (temporary tightener), works very well with this serum, too. A drop of the Instant mixed with this serum seems to diffuse the white residue problem of the temporary product, too. I use other serums at night, but this one really provides a great look when I am out and about even in bright sunny daylight (which we have a lot of here in Las Vegas). The ingredients in this serum are excellent with no offensive odor. A little goes a long way so the $150 price tag is not too overwhelming either. Definitely would recommend giving this a try!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by treedog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With 47 year old moderatly sagging jawline - eye hoods' this product is truly a miracle. It lifts my eyes to look perfect - my jaw area tightens quickly and stays that way all day. No stinging or irritation. Really fantastic when you are truly trying to fix things.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by flotsam99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had no problem controlling the dispensing of this product. I have combination skin, so I only use under eyes, over cheeks to jaw line. My cheekbones and jaw line are more defined. Price is pretty insane, but travels well and I am still on my first bottle after 4 months (though cannot tell how much is left)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by rayj52

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use PTR products and and this is one of my favorites. It does get a little oily once applied and therefore I only use it at night. In the summer I find I do not need to add a moisturizer after. I use with the Glycolic wash and Glycolic moisturizer (daytime).

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: This has a lot of hype, but I think that's all it is. Didn't see a lot of difference.

CONS: I can tell you that this is not great for my oily skin because it is like adding an additional, oily moisturizer to my routine. Did not feel like a serum.