Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Growth Factor Neuropeptide Serum

3.5

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Dimethiconol, Sodium Pca, Urea, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Hexapeptide-10, Myristoyl Octapeptide-1, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-19, Acetyl Hexapeptide-25, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Hydrolyzed Oats, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Arginine, Phospholipids, Glutamylamidoethyl Indole, Pyroglutamylamidoethyl Indole, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Dmpa/Isophthalic Acid/Smdi Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triacetin, Acrylates Copolymer, Dextran, Carbomer, Dipropylene Glycol, Laureth-3, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica (Ci 77019).

on 9/20/2013 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

No one likes Peter Thomas Roth products more than me, so I felt fairly optimistic when forking out $70 bucks to buy Growth Factor, especially so when MUA users gave it a good rating.

Sigh. You would think after buying numerous high-end firming/contour products and experiencing zero results for big bucks, I would have learned a thing or two. Nope. Hope springs eternal. Specifically, the hope that one could evade the surgeon's scalpel.

This product trumpets its "10 astonishing results", to wit, after 4 weeks, 100% of participants in their study experienced: firmness, decrease of wrinkles, increased elasticity, better texture, radiance and moisturization.

They will need to revise their statistics to 99% of participants. To be honest, I saw no results. And I really really wanted to see results. In dim lighting I would thrilled to see a more youthful face, but in the unforgiving daylight, I had to admit defeat.

This product lasted me about two months. I only used it once per day, instead of the recommended 2 times per day, as my face became to greasy with this, sun block and the intense heat and humidity of a Hong Kong summer. I used it on my face and neck each night.

on 12/23/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is one of the best serums I've tried to date and if you've checked my reviews, I've tried plenty! I am using this for day under makeup because it really firms and tightens and the effect just seems to get better the longer I use it. Its companion product, Instant FirmX, (temporary tightener), works very well with this serum, too. A drop of the Instant mixed with this serum seems to diffuse the white residue problem of the temporary product, too. I use other serums at night, but this one really provides a great look when I am out and about even in bright sunny daylight (which we have a lot of here in Las Vegas). The ingredients in this serum are excellent with no offensive odor. A little goes a long way so the $150 price tag is not too overwhelming either. Definitely would recommend giving this a try!

on 10/28/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

With 47 year old moderatly sagging jawline - eye hoods' this product is truly a miracle. It lifts my eyes to look perfect - my jaw area tightens quickly and stays that way all day. No stinging or irritation. Really fantastic when you are truly trying to fix things.

on 8/27/2010 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have had no problem controlling the dispensing of this product. I have combination skin, so I only use under eyes, over cheeks to jaw line. My cheekbones and jaw line are more defined. Price is pretty insane, but travels well and I am still on my first bottle after 4 months (though cannot tell how much is left)

on 7/19/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I only use PTR products and and this is one of my favorites. It does get a little oily once applied and therefore I only use it at night. In the summer I find I do not need to add a moisturizer after. I use with the Glycolic wash and Glycolic moisturizer (daytime).

PROS: This has a lot of hype, but I think that's all it is. Didn't see a lot of difference.

CONS: I can tell you that this is not great for my oily skin because it is like adding an additional, oily moisturizer to my routine. Did not feel like a serum.

Popular Treatments (Face)