December 20, 2014 | 1655 users online

Concealers - Shiseido - Spotscover

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Yzyz

I'm in love!! I guess the perfect concealer is just something every girl seeks whether its for redness, pimples, scarring or dark circles. And this little pot of magic does it all! I first got introduced to this by Ponny (korean makeup artist, check out her makeup tutorials on youtube!). She pretty much uses this stuff to cover up anything in every single one of her tutorial.

So the pros:
-very creamy and pigmented concealer (it's called a foundation but works better as a concealer) .
-dot it on your pimple and blend the edges, you will not see zero redness it's so opaque it could easily hide any tattoos
-looks very natural so you only need to blend the edges, not the actual part you want to cover up
-the color somehow works out for blue dark circles and red pimples
-seems dark in the pot but S100 matches my NC15-20 skin perfectly (I mostly use this for pimple which needs a tad darker but not noticeable shade to diminish the bump so its toward a NC20)
-does not crease under the eyes or make my skin/pimple flaky and dry
-photographs well and does not have the white cast
-does not break me out

Cons:
-the packaging is compact and travel-friendly but not the most hygienic since its the whole thing in a pot so you will have to dip and re-dip your brush (not ur fingers please) inside
-since its ultra creamy, needs a little help from blotting or good setting powder on top or it will come off as a little greasy, which is not appealing on bumps and could easily smear off.

So have a good quality setting powder on hand, carry blotting papers with you on the go and you have the perfect concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by pokette

Pros: A little goes a long way. It covers blemishes really well. Inexpensive for the amount of product you get

Cons: Not easily available outside of Japan. I got a friend to buy it in Tokyo for me. Only 2 colours available. I'm just glad the lighter shade wasn't too dark for me!

When I was having acne cysts, this product really helped in the cover-up routine. It did not aggravate my acne cysts. I use this product on every part of my face except around my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by koalaluff

I use this as an undereye concealer and it works great! S100 matches my skin tone (NC25 for reference) well (not perfectly but good enough), and coverage is very good. It's extremely creamy, but doesn't rub off easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by mypi88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was in need of a concealer so I decided to try this one out. I'm pretty pale with slight yellow undertones and s100 is too dark. It's super creamy but when I blend it in it made my skin look muddy. It's too dark for my skin tone even though its the lightest shade.It works okay under th eyes. The coverage is very good though. Wish I liked it more!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ConcealMe2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just received my Shiseido Spotscover concealer from www.imomoko.com and I couldn't be happier! It only cost me $15.99 I was so sad that they had discontinued the Optimal Cover Concealer but apparently they still make the same concealer in Japan under another name: Spotscover. The packaging is almost identical and the consistency too. The only difference is that there are only 2 colors offered: S100 and S101. I initially ordered S101 because I have a medium skin tone and I believe it may be a tad bit too dark for me. I will also order S100 and mixing the both colors will make the perfect shade for me. If you miss Optimal Cover make sure to buy this concealer. It is the closest you will ever get to Optimal Cover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love. For years, I've been trying to find something to replace my old concealer that was discontinued by Shiseido, and it was called Optimal Cover Concealer. This is as close as it gets, right down from the product to the packaging itself. Wow. I hope this doesn't get discontinued, ever! I purchased mine from imomoko.com. There are only two shades. S100 for light to medium skin tones, and S101 for medium to dark skin tones. I initially purchased S101 and thought it might be to dark just from looking at it, but it looked beautiful on and didn't look to dark at all. I then purchased S101, and it was waayy to light. FYI, I'm NC40 in MAC foundations and the color Ochre for Cle de Peau concealer. Now I mix the two for my perfect shade. This concealer is the best!