July 22, 2014 | 2286 users online

Mascara - Lacura - Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

I don't understand why this mascara isn't more loved. I mean for the price it's pretty great mascara. I like the formulation very much, it's not too wet and it's not too dry to the point that it's flaky. I also really like the brush and the affect it gives. If you're like me and looking for mascara that separates and fans out your lashes, then maybe you should try this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this after reading good reviews here. Crap, hardly visible on my lashes. Just hopeless. Ok, it's only $5, but I spent $10 all up on this one and the other Lacura mascara, and both as bad as each other. $10 would have been better spent on a good mascara. My problem is that this barely makes any impact on lashes..what is the point of that?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by LivvyRose94

I bought this mascara to use at my boyfriends house when I forget my make up or stay over unexpectedly; and I am so glad I did. I bought it from Aldi in Canberra and it reminds me of an estee lauder mascara I once had. The only down side is that the brush sometimes brings out a bit too much formula and can make clumps (I just wipe it on the bottle lid) and it stays on so well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like to wear a lot of mascara, at my age, less is more.

If you like to darken your lashes only without build up and prefer a natural silky look this is a great mascara.

This mascara stays on your lashes all day and there is no flaking.

By the end of the day my lashes looked as good as they had when first applied.

No itching

Stays put but is easily removable with cleanser.

I like the brush it coats and separates the lashes. There is no gluggy build up and the product stays on the lashes.

This mascara is a little wet, I have to wait till the top lashes are dry before applying to the lower lashes, so I don't end up with feather shadows on my eyelids.

Over all I like this product for every day wear, I can trust NOT to get Panda Eyes, no allergy issues and it looks great.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by msmanetti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was just OK. On the positive side, it gives great volume, length and colour, I found it comparable to Dior's Backstage Mascara so it was pretty good, and it also didn't dry too quickly so you had time to get it right without it caking. But on the negative, it made my eyes water (fragrance?), flaked and panda'd after 5 or so hours. It really didn't have staying power. It is such a good price though so I might keep using it if I am only going out for a few hours and just put up with smell/watering eyes :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aldi $5
I have straight Asian lashes.

If you don't have a naturally curl for your lashes this will not work for you. Well too much effort to get it to look nice anyway. You might want to use a mascara base that holds a curl.

If you curl your lashes this will make it uncurled but says waterproof...

It smells a bit like the Maybelline lash stiletto which is like some kind of sickening floral scent but not as strong as maybelline's and not long lasting.

This mascara will not give any length. Your lashes will only look longer because the tips are now thicker looking.

This mascara does not clump your lashes together. They will be separated and thickened ever so slightly and look pretty and soft. Your lashes will be very soft to the touch, this will not make them look crispy like some Japanese mascaras or lash blast and when you blink you will not have the sticky feeling of the bottom lashes getting tangled with the top lashes.

To make your lashes look curled you can use heated lash curler wand thing but this will melt off the mascara but you can reapply and it won't drop this time. The curl will be very soft looking though. You can't get the ultra wide eye look with this mascara.

I have the lancome virtuose and I think they are about as bad as each other in terms of lengthening and curling. But this mascara is better at keeping the lashes looking natural and separated without clumps.

Overall, you have to work a lot harder to make the straight lashes look nice with this. It's not a terrible product but just doesn't work for naturally straight lashes by itself.

This might work well on bottom lashes or as a separating base for an actual lengthening mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I shop at Aldi regularly for grocery bargains, and I'd heard good things about the Lacura products, so I decided to pick them up and try a few. I chose this over the volume mascara, since I tend to have a lot of eye watering due to allergies and need a waterproof. First off, although this was ridiculously cheap (under $4), the packaging looks and feels high-end. The tube is very similar to Lancome Hypnose. The mascara is waterproof and will last all day with no raccoon eyes or flaking, and it is somewhat buildable - but you're definitely not going to get long fluffy glam lashes from this. I would compare it to an Aveda or other "natural" type mascara - it gives a "you, but better" look in that it does add color and some length, but not much. It is great for daytime, or if you already have fairly long, dark, curly lashes (which I do) and just want a boost. If you need something to provide a lot of length and volume, or you are wanting something equivalent to Lancome Hypnose or Diorshow, you will be disappointed in this. However, I really like this as a great daytime mascara that won't run. It also comes off very easily with any makeup remover or cold cream. I'm very pleased with all of the Lacura products I've tried and will definitely repurchase this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

The line of Lacura makeup is packaged beautifully and actually looks high end. Their claim is that it is "The long-lasting, waterproof formula in Lacura™ Waterproof Mascara with beeswax and panthenol creates perfectly defined, amazingly long lashes with the perfect curl. Your lashes will be optimally conditioned without clumping, appearing full and thick. For expressive eyes all day long."

I would say it's great at being waterproof, which it doesn't give you a case of raccoon eyes and doesn't flake at all--also very very easy to remove which is great. However, the brush is old fashion. It's not a chubber plastic brush that you get with most drug store mascaras, so don't expect volume even if you put on 15 coats (trust me I've tried, and it doesn't really claim tons of volume). If you want a natural tinted eyelash look or to coat the bottom lashes, this would be fantastic for you. If you want va va voom fake eyelash look--keep looking. It also doesn't dry out lashes or get everywhere. However, the length and curl--meh.

I wouldn't repurchase for the top lashes since I like the glam eye look, but I would buy again for the bottom lashes since it's awesome for those little guys since a lot of mascaras leave you with a case of the raccoon peepers if you apply to the bottom lashes.