Cetaphil Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Moisturizing Wash

3.7

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Niacinimide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Arginine, Citric Acid, methylisothiazolinone, Sodium PCA, 1,2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA

on 3/1/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Made my skin itch, and had a weird smell of musk and rancid oil. Smells like those unscented deodorant that actually smells like musk bo.

on 5/5/2012 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Most people seem to hate this product but I actually enjoy it. I don`t have eczema but i do have dry skin and keratosis pilaris. More commonly known as chicken skin. I have a really bad case of chicken skin on my arms and and a bit on my legs. So far, unless i moisturize my skin, the chicken skin gets really bad and they sometimes inflame and get ichy and its horrible. At the moment I use Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Moisturizing Wash and I use Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Moisturizing Lotion afterwards. Both Products work pretty well for me. They stopped my chicken skin from inflaming and it`s almost as if they`re going away. They definitely feel much smoother. I also had a few on the side of my face. almost on my chin. the area right between my neck and my face near my ear. I used it a few times on there and my bumps, which i think were chicken skin, are gone. I really enjoy this product. It may be expensive but if you see my chicken skin you`d understand why i`d keep on buying it. I guess this works better if you use both body wash and lotio together. I dont mind the smell. sorta smells like rice dream :P I do not whatsoever use this for my face. i feel as though it`ll make my face break out. but over all this product has a good effect. maybe a bit expensive but my mom has no trouble buying it.

on 2/26/2012 11:33:00 PM

Gosh, this product was horrible. I was given a sample by my dermatologist and I used it for a week but it made my skin worse than it has ever been. I was looking for something to clear up a few breakouts and now, they're still there, and my entire face is flaky, dry, and painful. I would not recommend this one.

The search for the perfect cleansing system continues!

on 2/18/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A great product, if over-priced. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin and sometimes it needs a little extra care. I use restoraderm in the winter and it does help my skin look and feel better. The only draw back for me are the price ($15 a bottle for a body wash is pretty steep) and the smell. It doesn't leave a bad smell on the skin, so I can over look that.

Over all, its a good product but don't bother buying it if the gentle cleanser works well for you.

on 11/30/2011 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

While this is a bit pricey for a body wash, i don't mind because i actually use it as a face cleanser. I originally purchased it for when i had a really bad eczema rash on my body and while it didn't irritate it further, it didn't really help it either. So then i used this on my face and it was surprisingly good at removing make up and gently cleansing! It didn't cure my acne or anything miraculous like that but it seems to be slowly healing and doesn't irritate my sensitve acne prone skin like a lot of other facial products do. For that, i would repurchase time and time again! :)

on 11/24/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't have eczema, but I do have very dry skin and legs that are prone to breakouts that get very red and bumpy. One time, it got so bad and inflamed, I had to go to the derm. She said it might be the fragrance and drying agents in my body wash and to switch over to this. This is good! It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and so far, the breakouts have been to a minimum. The only problem is it's way too expensive for how much they give you...
Love this stuff, though! :)

on 10/22/2011 11:35:00 PM

I'm sorry to give this a low rating, but if you keep reading you will know why. First off I do suffer from eczema, mainly on my arms, legs and face. I have super sensitive dry skin. I bought this during the winter to help keep my skin moisturized. It does help to keep dry, itchy skin away, however it might be too rich. My back broke out like crazy because of this and around my neck. It was only after I stopped using this and switched to something else that my back acne went away. To make sure it was this product, I retried this again and for sure enough I broke out. I would not suggest this for facial use, even though a dermatologist recommended it. Overall, this wash if great for the arms and legs, but it is around $15 a bottle which is expensive for a wash I used only for my arms and legs. I actually prefer the Aveeno washes as they kept my body moisturized without breaking out. I have not repurchased this and I don't think I will.

on 8/19/2011 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have had really bad eczema flare ups recently and bought this product to see if it would help. I have been using it for about 5 months now and have to say that it is pretty good for cleansing my face. The consistency of the formula is not thick but still lathers up fairly well. If I have a flare up and wash with it, it burns. I don't know if I have seen darmatic improvements while using this and my eczema by no means has gone away but it has improved a lot. I would continue to use this cleaner as it does not dry my face out.

on 10/5/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a MIRACLE product for me. I have been using it 2 weeks on my face, and it, along with the Restoraderm moisturizer, has completely turned my skin around. Over the past 6 years or so, my skin had become sandpapery, crepey-looking, red, flaky, dry and fragile, unable to tolerate anything but plain avocado oil (reactive to cleanser or moisturizer, cheap or expensive, including otc or prescription and products marketed for sensitive skin). I have tried many, many dozens of products, and I was frustrated, losing hope, and my self-confidence really took a hit. I gave this a shot even though I react to other Cetaphil products. Restoraderm wash felt soothing and did not dry out or irritate my face. The moisturizer stung a bit at first, but by the next day, the dermatitis around my nose and in eyebrows were nearly gone, and remarkably, my skin's moisture level increases as the day wears on instead of decreasing. My skin is soft and not irritated for the first time in years. I keep touching my face because I can't believe it, a product that actually does what it says. Thank you Galderma, for making this product!!

on 8/13/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is my HG cleanser. I have very dry skin that becomes super itchy if I do not use the right moisturizer. I use it on my body but have used it on my face and it cleanses without leaving the dry tight feeling. Love it!

Popular Gels/Soaps