November 28, 2014 | 1956 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Bit of Berry

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by ummimtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Instant favorite!! I will be so upset if they discontinue this one. I went into Ulta looking for a shade similar to NYX's Doll lipstick (because it didn't stay on well), and this seemed the closest to it. I am a huge fan of the Color Sensational line, and I'm so surprised I've never seen or heard of this color before (this is now my favorite colors from the line). It's creamy and leaves a shiny, moisturizing finish. Some people may be bothered by the scent, but I stopped noticing it after a while. It's a gorgeous plum pink color; despite it's name, its more of a pink than a berry (I guess that's why it's included in their pink shades, rather than their berries). I *think* I have neutral or cool undertones, and this brightens up my complexion beautifully. However, I don't think that this has any particular undertones to it, so I think it would look good on everyone. I also think it's a pretty year round color, rather than a seasonal Autumn one like I assumed. I have a feeling I will be reaching for this one often.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by KatzeMadchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybeline Bit of Berry is a medium to darkish raspberry shade on my pigmented lips and against my very fair complexion. It looks more plummy on the first reviewer's picture, but on my lips, you can see more of a true berry shade. I guess it depends on the undertones on your lips and how dark these undertones are.

I see warmed toned people are very happy with this shade, but to me - this is a very cool toned berry that flatters cool toned skin. Before I put it on, my skin is bluish porcelain and when it's on - my skin brights and actually looks olive and more alive! Berries are a treat for us cool ladies, better than most reds and corals.

I don't care at all about packaging because people don't roam through my bag and I usually apply lipstick in the bathrooms if I'm out&about, but nonetheless the packaging is very pretty and dainty.

If anyone liked (or loved, like me!) the shade MAC ROUGETTE, this is the PERFECT dupe for $10 less and that's why I'm so excited about this color and plan to constantly restock it to remain my everyday lipstick! So all raspberry lovers, consider welcoming this shade into your arsenal and at $5, it's a true bargain. Let's hope Maybeline NEVER cancels this like Rougette's unfortunate fate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I was pleasantly surprised with the pigmentation of this. It's very opaque and gives a great creamy coverage. The shade on my lips is a medium berry plum and has a creme finish. When I want a darker berry lip colour, I usually go for this and it pairs well with a smoky or neutral eye. I found the formula a little drying so it might be best to wear a lip-balm underneath. Has a smooth consistency, and easy to swipe on the lips. This one smells a little weird, but nothing too intolerable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Has a weird smell and I found this particular shade quite drying.

I love the nice medium berry shade and creme finish. The packaging feels expensive so kudos for that too.

I would buy again, but I know this isn't the greatest quality lipstick. I would buy in other shades as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is such a pretty color! The color is a midtone berry pink. It's a cream finish, no shimmer, but looks slightly glossy.
I have light skin with warm undertones and golden-chestnut brown hair, and this lipstick really brightens and compliments my complexion.

I took off one lippie because a couple shades of the color sensational lipsticks have a funky smell, and this unfortunately is one of them. It has a stronger, more synthetic sweet cent, which I'm definitely not a fan of.

Thankfully, it doesn't last long, but I wish it smelled the same as the rest of the shades.

I usually top it off with a clear gloss for added shine. Plus, this makes my teeth noticeably whiter.

If you have darker hair and a warmer complexion, definitely try this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jh76103

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color! An intense medium but not quite dark pink. Looks great with my olive complexion and silvery hair. Glides on smoothly and feels good, makes my teeth look considerably whiter. Works well with other lip liners, sticks and glosses I have if I want to change up the color a little, depending on what I'm wearing. I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I feel like the color that applies is quite different from what you see in the tube. I supposed "Bit of Berry" is an appropriate name because it's really more like "A Lot of Brownie". I actually think this color would work for someone who has a lot more color in her skin -- maybe a true brunette who can really work brownish lipsticks. But for this PPP with hair colored hair and gray eyes, it just doesn't work at all. The quality is good but the brownishness just washes me out totally.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No