October 23, 2014 | 1116 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 55

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by natefan

Five years ago this would've been considered a sophisticated sunscreen. Its texture is nice, but the formula is too irritating on my skin. For what you get, this isn't all that budget-friendly considering what else is out on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Definitely in my top 3 sunscreens of choice.

Pros: ~$10, will last you for months. No-mess packaging. Dries to a semi-matte finish that does not turn into a grease ball during the day. Does not sting my sensitive skin, nor does it clog it. NO WHITE CAST - repeat - NO WHITE CAST! Easy to find in U.S. drugstores. No nasty smell or evaporation fumes that make my eyes water. Very high spf.

Cons: ?? If I have to list one, I'd say that it might be "too matte" for those with dry skin (I'd recommend Paula's Choice Resist Hand Cream spf30). Also, it will sting your eyes if you apply it up the lash line (so find yourself an under eye sunscreen).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by shellbeach

This is my everyday sunscreen, I have been using it for about a year, and I love it! I am surprised that there are a few people who are disappointed with this product, because I can't really imagine how a sunscreen could be any better. It comes in a squeezable tube with a screw cap at the base so that the product comes out easily. The product itself is an odorless white cream that is non-greasy and easy to apply, and even though the package is small, you only need about a quarter-sized amount for your face each day, so a single tube can last for months and months. It dries immediately and once it has been applied, it feels totally sheer and weightless, so you can apply your make up right away. Its high SPF protects your face from sun damage and helps to heal old acne scars. Some reviewers have said that it stings their eyes, but I've honestly never noticed that. Are they applying it near their lash lines? Also some reviewers have noticed a rash, but I guess it really varies from person to person, because my skin is pretty sensitive too and I have never noticed anything like that. Others have said that the price is too high, but I just wait until it's on sale and stock up. You can sometimes find it for $3 or so if you shop the clearance section! Compared to the high end $60 sunscreens, I think it's a pretty good deal. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by skinnyboness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this sunscreen. It hasn't caused any sort of issue with my sensitive skin. It has only improved it. It wears great under makeup and doesn't turn me into a grease ball. My skin looks healthier and my pigmentation issues are fading much faster. I will definitely keep buying this product. You will need a moisturizer underneath if you have dry skin.

Pros:
-amazing liquid form, applies thin and works as a primer
-high SPF doesn't cause oily skin
-no acne breakouts or clogged pores
-enhancing the efficacy of my other skin care products
-acne marks are fading faster

Cons:
-the price tag, but totally worth it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use retin-a and spend a lot of time outside in the summer. Always looking for sunscreens for the pool and to wear under makeup. Found a few sunscreens which work for the pool but virtually nothing to use as a makeup base. Discovered this towards the end of last summer and it might be the one. At least the one I wear under my makeup in the summer.

Pro:
-No balling/pilling under makeup.
-High SPF.
-No white cast, although my skin is light to begin with.
-Great texture after applied. Many others are sticky or feel heavy.
-Dries rapidly.
-Leaves a smooth silky, matte finish.
-Didn't sting.
---------------------------------------------------
Cons:
-Might be too harsh for those with sensitive skin.
-Some say it's expensive, but if it remains comparable to luxury brands it seems reasonably priced.

Would be a 5 if it were also ideal for swimming.

Will update if I experience a change of heart, or find something better. I know how difficult a good cost effective sunscreen is to find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not oily/greasy like all of their other sunscreens, great under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by fallingashes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used it all summer didn't make me oily and it will last a long time . Will get this upcoming summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by curlykat

Oh I REALLY wanted to like this product but unfortunately after 2 days of use I developed clogged pores and 4 large pimples on my forehead and chin. I rarely ever break out and when I do it's usually related to new face products.

Pros:
Light and very easy to apply. Product is very runny
Goes on light and sinks in immediately.
Doesn't sting, ball up, or leave a white cast. Truly feels like there is NOTHING on your face
Matte finish

Negatives:
Cost - the bottle is very small
If you are sensitive to chemical sunscreens you will probably have trouble with breakouts

It's worth trying if you can tolerate chemical ss but sadly I can't :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by elizabethdidyoueat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am a natural redhead with very fair, sensitive skin, so sunscreen is an absolute must for me. i wanted to like neutrogena's ultra sheer liquid daily sunblock because it's so light and easy to apply, but i developed contact dermatitis while using it. it made my skin very dry, itchy, and red. i should have known it wasn't good because it stung badly when i applied it on top of my lotion and under my makeup. definitely not recommended for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by steph1co

this product works great as a sunblock and foundation primer because it has silicone in it. If you cannot afford mac face primer with spf 50 than this is a great alternative.