September 23, 2014 | 1003 users online

Treatments (Face) - Obagi - obagi skincare system

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by originalconfidence

The first time i tried this line i was on accutane at the same time which made my face sooo red. So i stopped obagi. A year later i gave obagi another go with retin a without accutane. Much better results. The key to not getting the red face is to mix the blender with retin a and some other night cream or retinol. As you progress, you just use the retin a and blender slowly. I havnt had peeling face from this method, only the results. But my face does get oily from using the night cream with this

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by littlefroggy

I believe in this system, it clearly produces results for a lot of people but sadly not me.(I purchased from a plastic surgeon - not fake online products)

Firstly I'd like to say that it is a bit of a scam that the non-active products (a very basic cleanser, a paraben loaded toner and moisturizer) are outrageously expensive and don't really have much of a part to play. I really wouldn't advise purchasing the whole system unless you've got cash to burn and like parabens in your skincare.

The magic is caused by the hydoquinone in 'clear' which is a skin bleach, the retin A and the blender which boost the effects of both.

I found that my skin did not react to this system at all. I've had no redness or peeling from even the strongest strength of retin A. I can use loads of it, twice a day etc it makes no difference. People take years building up to that strength but for me it it causes no irritation.

The hydroquinone has faded my skin so much that I look like a sick ghost. The colour is not even though. The sun spots are still there, there are red patches and it just looks a paler version of before. The texture is not improved, the wrinkles around my eyes are worse and no I'm really pale to boot. I have developed worse circles around my eyes too.

So 4 months after I started it, my skin looks decidedly worse and I'm desperately upset about the amount of money I've spent. I'm also feeling humiliated as I did tell a lot of people that I'd splashed out but it was going to be 'so worth it'. No one has said your skin looks great - I can tell from the tactful silence people are thinking I was a fool to spend so much.

The only thing I can say is the skinscreen is good and the vitamin C serums are AMAZING. Outrageously expensive for what they are though and the rest of the products are so overpriced it's disgusting.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Sara737

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Where can I buy obagi products in the uk?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by shinjoqueenbee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

To use this treatment, you absolutely need to see an aesthetician to advise you while using the products. From the start, ask how to use the products in order and the quantities needed. And perseverance is key. It's only gonna get worse before it gets better than ever so quitters will never see any good results.

All the worse things like a few weeks of peeling and redness will, in the end, be worth it.

Best time to do the regime in winter.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my skin after years of suffering acne prone skin. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Gablesgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Starting week two. I have fair skin which tends to be dry from 30 years of Retin A. I can tell this is a winner. Melasma has improved in just a short time. Am used to peeling and drying from dermabrasion but have held off a few nights o the Obagi as my skin was so thin it bled in spots. Slept with a thick coat of Aquafor on and all better. Excited to see how I look in a few weeks. Wondering if I will have same results with eye cream. Am checking MA reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on week 5 of the Obagi NuDerm System. I have suffered from melasma spots since my 20's. In the past I have used Triluma and found it effective however as with many products once I discontinued use, the melasma came back. My current dermatologist's philosophy is mitigation which makes sense to me. I asked her about more aggressive treatments like laser resurfacing and chemical peels and she steered me toward the NuDerm system along with prescription tretinion- 0.025%, the lowest dose.

The first couple of days when I began the NuDerm system my face was adapting to the new regimen, nothing too dramatic. The dramatic effects appeared once I introduced the tretinoin. I immediately saw redness, peeling and some itching of the skin. I used the tretinoin every 3rd night. I've never considered my skin to be sensitive, but this regimen has brought that consideration into question. I have never suffered from acne until I started using this system. Sure I get the occasional pimple from hormonal influences or too many potato chips, but I've been lucky with clear skin my whole life. I tried to increase the frequency of the tretinoin to every other night but my skin revolted in a scream of redness, peeling and even minor bleeding. The skin peeling was a little too dramatic. I cut back my usage of the tretinoin to every 3rd night again and introduced a moisturizer to the regimen which helps sooth the irritated skin.

I know, sounds like a bad review, but you know what? Funny thing is, I am definitely seeing results. The skin turnover is unlike I have ever seen. My pores are smaller, my skin smoother, my dark spots fading. In my experience, redness and acne is the price I pay for less dark spots. I'm hoping as I go through the different phases of this treatment my results continue. I'd be awesome to look in the mirror and have clear even skin.

The skin peeling and redness has definitely made it difficult to utilize my normal makeup routine and I dare not go out into the world with a bare face for fear of scaring little children and getting disparaging looks from adults wondering if I am in possession of a mirror. I have found that the best foundation to cover the ravages of the effects of the NuDerm system is my Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation. It's light enough where it does not accentuate the dry flakey skin and it treads lightly. I experimented with my favorite bb cream, jane iredale liquid minerals foundation, guerlain lingerie de peau, and my Iope cushion bb compact and have found that the Koh Gen Do works the best.

I am looking forward to better skin and I believe the Obagi NuDerm System will get me there even if painful and somewhat unsightly. Will update when I've gone through the whole cycle.

Update as of 6/10/2014: finished a round of the Obagi NuDerm System. The results are satisfactory. Freckles are gone, melasma considerably faded. Can't say it did much for fine lines or wrinkles, but that was not a major concern for me. I had better results with Triluma, but my skin was younger then. Now I'm on to a regimen to stave off the reccurance of hyperpigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Nishaulm32

I use 70% isopropyl alcohol to cleanse my skin and this as a moisturizer it's awesome, my skin is flawless now, I don't even use water on my face and I use cotton pads.. If I have makeup on my eyes I use baby oil to get it off I only buy Obagi # 6 suns fader.. This is what I do hope it works for u.. I also stay away from sugary juices and drinks which I found to be trigger to my acne I drink water only and if I need something sweet I add propel to it bc crystal light triggers my acne too.. Hope this helps

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jc1789

I thought this product would change my acne forever. I am an avid research freak when it comes to makeup products. I will literally read up to 100 reviews (when I have the time of day) if there is something that is appealing to me. By the time I clicked "Confirm payment," I couldn't contain my excitement for the delivery to come into my door. It was definitely a luxurious payment, but I thought "hey it would be a good investment." To me- "ANYTHING is a great investment if it helps with your skin."

Uhm...no.

This treatment system is really powerful and harsh for someone who has sensitive, acne-prone, nit-picky skin. If you match those following attributes, please do not order it. Note: I did not try recently try this product. I ordered this obagi skin care kit last summer (2013). I, specifically, remember this, because my two best girlfriends and I had planned a short trip to Vegas over the summer. And I remember crying my eyes out in the room the next morning after trying the skin care, because my skin looked red, inflamed, raw and horrendous. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of using baking soda as an exfoliant for their face. If you have, you probably heard how it's absolutely amazing for your skin. Well that was a destructive experience for me as well, and the appearance of my skin that day perfectly corresponded with how I looked after trying the "natural-baking soda remedy" experience. (I shall write another review on that later).

I also want to note that I tried this system for 4- days (max). It was pretty traumatic, because I remember telling my girlfriends that I wanted to cancel the Vegas trip, because I couldn't afford stepping outside. Fortunately, I used my mom's skincare line (not great for acne-prone, oily skin), but since Obagi COMPLETELY stripped every ounce of oil on my skin, I used it.

I ended up going to Vegas and due to applying overwhelming amount of moisturizers on my face, my skin recovered in a gradual pace. Might I add- it greatly helped being in Vegas, because it created more moisture on the damaged skin.

I still have the kit in my room. I don't know why I didn't throw it out yet...probably because I spent over a $100 on it. I think it's in the garage somewhere and I'm going to crush it with my feet tomorrow (probably won't make a dent) and fling it into the garbage can outside.

I'm glad that this system benefited numerous amounts of people. Honestly, that's the reason why I purchased it, because it changed people's acne into beautiful, flawless skin. I wish it had the same effect on me, but every person's body has their own unique skin types, and my skin definitely did not enjoy Obagi at all.

Bottom line: Don't purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by getupkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I forced myself to drop around $150+ on the travel size kit because I was fed up with discoloring underneath my eyes. I pretty much had enough with people asking me what happened to my eyes (if I had a black eye or what!!). A few months later...I am so happy. Not only has the skin underneath my eyes improved, my skin overall is in much better shape. How do I know this? My makeup lasts so much better on my face. It's amazing. I didn't realize this would happen but I'm thrilled. I recommend that you give Obagi a try, BUT make sure to purchase it from a seller that's authorized and listed on Obagis website. That way, if you're unhappy for any reason, Obagi will refund your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Peramesiumeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gotta give this 5/5 stars. My wife and I swap around with different skincare kits and this one is a winner! Creams feel amazing and all work well