October 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational in Pearly Pink #720

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this out because I'm very pale and cool toned and I thought this would go well with my undertones due to the silver shimmer... which turned out to be gritty glitter. It's VERY frosty, and VERY drying, and with that, VERY unforgiving if you have any issues with your lips at all. It's too frosty for anybody to wear. You might be able to get away with it with one swipe, two tops, but even that didn't work well for me. It has an awful scent to it, on top of all of this. Only pro is that it has cute packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pearly pink is a soft shimmery pink-nude lipstick.it glides on smoothly,it brings a soft pink to the lips! It's verry moisturizing! Perfect for summer when tanned! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sushilovesamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super drying, and it smelled awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

personally i think this lipstick is definetely most suited to a lighter skin tone, it's a really light pinky silverish colour with alot of glitter in it, quite pigmented if you layer it afew times, only cons would be that it's pretty drying and doesnt last too long

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Seashorechic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin, and was looking for a lipstick with a nice lightly frosted hue to it, so I tried this lipstick. Since this is the new line, I expected descent quality. I believe Pearly Pink #720 works better on women with a deeper skin tone. I had to layer and layer it on to make it show with my coloring. When I finally got the color to come out, I looked like I just ate a frosted cake. On top of that, it faded too quickly and dried my lips out. No more Maybelline lipstick for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Krystall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first real lipstick. It's a very beautiful colour, sparkly and light pink. I love wearing it over a darker matte lipstick to lighten it up ad give it some sparkle. I really don't like the formula though. It feels incredibly grainy (which I am assuming is the glitter) and dries out my lips like crazy without actually being long wearing. I wish it was creamier, it really is so beautiful. The packaging is pretty lovely too, definitely my favourite part of the lipstick. I hate how it's taped shut. I am pretty sure most lipsticks are and it's really annoying. After peeling off the tape you're left with sticky residue that collects dirt and ends up just making the lipstick look crappy as. Just a general packing gripe, I suppose.
Won't be purchasing again, I am sure you can get a nicer feeling lipstick in the same colour.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by leila3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish I could give this a higher rating as I had really wanted to love it. Swatched on the back of my hand it looks a beautiful shimmery pale lavendar pink. I was so excited to put this on and it does look pretty layered on top of matte shades to add a gleam. Sadly, I just can't get past the smell and taste of this. It has an oddly sweet yet plasticky artificial smell and a bitter taste. I don't lick my lips and I can still taste it. Maybe Maybelline will reformulate these without the unpleasant taste/smell someday. If that doesn't bother you and you're looking for a pearly, frosty pale lavendar pink then go for it. It is a beautiful color which is why I am giving it 2 lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros:
Pretty packaging
Smells nice, though I cannot identify the scent. Sorry...it's like a fresh vanilla and plastic?? lol
Swatches beautifully- a baby pink shimmer

Cons:
Gritty glitter
Cakey
Frosty silver-pink hooker lipstick
Incredibly drying

So disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by redeyedracoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a few minutes of looking through the Maybelle lipsticks (the ColorSensational collection has a huge selection) I noticed this shade, it looked really pretty so I thought I'd give it a shot... Good thing too! It's a lovely shimmery pale pink color, very moisturizing, easy to apply, and has a noticeable plumping effect. I have very pale skin, and yet it doesn't wash me out as my pale colors can. I would definitely recommend this shade to anyone with similar coloring: unless you have an overwhelming disdain for frost. Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by BeachBlond27

The first time i tried this product was when i was at my best friends house. She had it in Coral Crush, which is a beautiful color, but you have to use it at your own risk because it is very bright. I was recently at the local drugstore and I decided to pick it up. I accidentally got the wrong color, and it was probably the best mistake I ever made! I absolutely adore this color. It's a little cakey when you first put it on, but once you rub it in, it looks so pretty and you cant even tell your wearing lipstick, it looks like your natural lip color. I also got it in the color Peachy Scene, which i have to say, I almost like better than Pearly Pink. I also love the case. It looks expensive but it's actually very cheap and good quality, i got mine for only $7.50. The only thing I dont like about it is it does wear off fairly quick, so I do have to take it with me when I go out. But it does stay on much longer than any other drugstore lipstick I have, so I'm going to have to give it a 4 out of five. I definitely recommend it! (: