October 22, 2014 | 2005 users online

Fragrances - Shiseido - relaxing fragrance [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Lovely scent. It's very calming, refreshing and clean. It's quite a unique scent and I haven't come across a fragrance that smells anything quite like this. The green notes are a little strong at first, but it fades quickly and I'm left with this cooling cucumber sort of scent afterwards. The dry-down reminds me a little of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume, but a "fancier" version if you like. Overall, a nice scent if you like "watery" sheer fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by greyishblue

I love love love it. I am not a big fan of perfume, I find that the way other people's fragrance alerts your senses is somehow intruding. I prefer eau de toilette over it. But not many eau de toilettes have exquisite scent. This one does. It has subtle scent which I find relaxing and comforting. I sprayed it lightly in the morning and generously for occassions. My favorite so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Quite nice, and though I do like it, there's nothing especially captivating about it for me. Smells like a more natural, fresh, yet not cloying version of Body by Victoria. I do like it, just not sure if it is something I'd really go out of my way for....
    EDIT: As the fragrance progresses, it develops a "girliness" that I do not like. It reminds me of when I wore this several years ago working at the makeup counter in a department store. I liked the Energizing fragrance then, but the relaxing for me now is a no go.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by alanachrysler

I got interested in this fragrance during a high migraine season, when most every scent could potentially trigger a bad crisis. The minute I heard it was about to be discontinued I knew I had to have it, so I began to frantically way fare every store counter. But when I finally bought it, people’s feedback didn’t go as expected - I heard comments such as “Are you wearing your grandma’s perfume?” - and after a while, even I began to dislike it. However, I still wear it every day – I found out that the fresh scent of this fragrance is great for doing sports – although there’s this soapy lack of personality I dislike, I can do just fine with the out of the shower smells it gives… But wouldn’t buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by leekaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG fragrance for summer! I have never found anything quite like it. I just wish it had more staying power. And I'd love to have a warmer, longer lasting version for winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by maschaa

My favorite HG scent. I have had multiple bottles. While I might not wear it for weeks, and it might just lay around in my fragrance drawer, it is still my number one. I just spritzed some on me (I'm off to bed in a couple of minutes) and I feel so calmed and relaxed. I just love this fresh relaxing delicious scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by lepetitrouge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm addicted to this fragrance! I first got some as part of a Shiseido gift, and that same week I went to the store and bought a bottle.

It truly is a relaxing fragrance, yet crisp and clean at the same time. It doesn't have any nasty synthetic alcohol smell like many perfumes do, and it still smells just as great after it's been on your skin for awhile. However, I do agree, the 'staying power' is not so long. I find I still carry the little trial bottle with me in my handbag to touch it up through out the day. I don't mind though, because it simply smells so nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this. This is the only fragrance I wear now.
    Clean, Fresh scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by deetopia

I decided to buy Shiseido Relaxing after reading the rave around here. I didn't go to the store and smell it since you can't find it easily at the mall.

It opened with a green scent, remind me of Green Tea (Elizabeth Arden). But the dry down is marvelous. It smell nicely almost like J'adore Christian Dior (but not exactly the same).

Relaxing remind me of a girl doing yoga in the morning and enjoy herself, away from the crowded of the world. It's about being in harmony with the nature.

If you want some greeny subtle perfume, you could consider it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

It's a green/herbal scent but not grassy and has no hint of citrus which is great! Beautiful bottle, I've had mine for at least 6 years and it still hasn't turned rancid/sour and remain just as the same as I've first purchased this. When I'm not in the mood for florals, I reach for this. Will buy again.