September 2, 2014 | 2025 users online

Mascara - Coty - Miss Sporty XXLong

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is amazing, so cheap yet so good! I agree with the reviewer below, the packaging isn't amazing but who cares? Not going to stop me buying it again and again. It doesn't clump up at all and thankfully (unlike some much more expensive mascaras) it has a good stopper so you don't get a mascara overload on the brush. I like the wand because it's not huge, those ones never work for me. I'll be buying more of the Miss Sporty mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

A great basic. It's not glamorous - a mediocre-looking slim, dark blue tube (and the writing rubs off easily) - but for under 3, who's complaining?! It's not one of my favourite products (it adds colour, definition and separates lashes, but doesn't create a striking, volumised look). But, put it this way, if I found myself in town mascara-less and needed to pick something off the shelf in Boots or Superdrug to tide me over, I'd grab one of these in a heartbeat. Not only would it tide me over, but it would do quite a good job. I know I could apply it really quickly because it gives even coverage and goes on smoothly without clumping. The formula is sooo simple to work with - not dry/sticky, but not so liquidy that it gets everywhere. For reference, I have very long but fine lashes. They are quite blonde at the roots and the tips (I know, weird) and because of their length they tend to tangle easily when in contact with mascara. Really, I need volume rather than length, but often find fat fuzzy volume brushes hard to work with and the textures can be too thick and gloopy - I hate a messy, clumped together look. XXLong has a slim spiral brush and, although the formula isn't thickening, it gives a good daytime effect. My personal preference is for dramatic doll-lashes, but for lazy, minimal makeup days this does a reasonable job.
Pros: cheap, clump-free, glossy black (not a crispy, matte look), covers evenly, easy to find in the UK, lashes are noticeably blackened and defined but still quite natural
Cons: not good for creating volume and drama, uninspiring packaging, formula could be blacker