Rimmel Stay Glossy (All Shades)

3.9

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europea) Oil, Isostearyl Palmitate, Cera Alba (Bees) Wax, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Silica Silylate, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed Butter, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, May Contain( /-): Red

on 8/1/2015 12:04:00 PM

I now have maybe 3 or 4, maybe even 5?- shades of these now, and each one..no...

First off, they have a bad (chemical?) smell and taste to them. I am by no means 'eating' my lip gloss, but when something is on your lips (and is somewhat goopy, as these can be, even applied lightly), you sometimes can't help but have a smidge get into your mouth.

The colors lack pigmentation. Very sheer, most have a slight (very slight!) wash of color. I know glosses are not heavily pigmented, but these are very sheer imho, even by gloss standards. ALSO, I find, oddly enough, that this seems to dry my lips out. Lipgloss drying lips out..no bueno! :(

There are far better lipglosses in the drugstore. Also, I have noticed Rimmel's prices are creeping up there. I would rather get a gloss from Revlon (actually similar price or even cheaper, depending where you buy it) or Almay or almost any other drugstore gloss.

Rimmel for me is mostly a 'pass' product, so I should know better and just quit trying. They do have some diamonds amongst the rough (their eyeliners and lip liners are quite nice!! and of course their lipsticks are usually crazy-pigmented and long-lasting), but generally speaking, I am just not a huge fan of Rimmel. Would not re-purchase and kind of regret purchasing the ones I did get. I've been using them over top of lipsticks to tone down some shades or add shine sometimes to a matte lipstick (kind of defeats the purpose of a matte lipstick, but oh well. Makeup really has no "rules" anymore!! ;) ) But I have a feeling these will be finding their way into the trash very soon. The smell is kind of too off-putting for me. And the formula and wear time and no pigmentation make these a definite pass, possibly trash!!!

on 7/31/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I've got a few shades in those. Blushing belgraves is a sheer,shiny,nude. Non stop glamour is a sheer,shimmery gold. Stay my rose is a sheer,shimmery,medium pink. Always lovely is a sheer,shimmery,light pink. It goes well at the application,smooth and velvety. It last fairly long and it ain't sticky on the lips. Complete well any lipsticks! Love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Rimmel recently came out with a new collection of lipglosses called Stay Glossy Swanky Hotel Lip Glosses, which I heard is basically similar in formula and packaging to the established Stay Glossy line, but feature six new shades. I saw this while strolling casually through the makeup aisle in walmart and was intrigued because I was looking for a high shine, non-sticky gloss that would give me a sheer wash of color without being overly pigmented. So i picked up Claridge's Ruby #150 and at $3.97 plus tax, it was basically begging to be bought.

The packaging looks drugstore-y, with a silver cap and a see-through plastic tube that shows the color of the gloss (which is deceiving, since the gloss is much more sheer than it looks from the tube yay!). But I have to say that I love the flat applicator, which is different than the doe-foot applicator most glosses come with. With the flat applicator, it's easier to get even coverage without the feel of having to push around the gloss or having to re-dip because there wasn't enough gloss picked up in the first place.

Upon first application, the color looks extremely opaque and pigmented and I thought, "Oh nooo what did I buy?" but within seconds it just melted (seriously) on my lips into this gorgeous, shiny color that gave me a pretty, natural tint of pink, slightly lighter than my medium-pink, slightly brown lips. Under room lighting, the shine is so-so, but under sunlight my lips look like they came out of a fashion magazine from the section on juicy glosses. It's that amazing, really.

There are some shimmers but it's absolutely not frosty and looks very natural. It's an extremely comfortable wear, almost as if I have water or a lightweight gel on my lips. So because it's not sticky, it's not long-lasting at all. One drink and most of the gloss is gone, so after one meal this gloss stands no chance. But I'd take reapplication over a sticky gloss anyday, personally. I do use my EOS as a base layer so i dont know if its super hydrating, but because I use the balm underneath it really does prevent against major lip drying, should the formula does dry out lips. There is a smell to this gloss - kind of like artificial roses, maybe? It smells similar to Dior's Lip Polish 002 (which this gloss is a great dupe for, imo!) but Stay Glossy smells more artificial. I don't mind it, but for those who do, the smell doesn't linger for long.

I LOVE this gloss so much! It's currently my HG gloss, perfect for everyday wear! And at such a good price, I feel like I'm paying for a high-end gloss without the guilt-inducing price tag. ❤

I bought color 640 all day seduction. It is a beautiful coral peach color with gold flecks. The color is great, but the lipgloss has an AWFUL smell. It smells like a mixture of plastic and sunscreen. Blech! I can't wear it because of this.

on 5/18/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just bought this lip gloss and I love it! It is VERY glossy and stay for a long time. I will definitely be buying more of these.

on 4/27/2015 1:59:00 PM

This is a decent lipgloss which in my opinion is better than revlon lipglosses... The texture is nice on my lips...the applicator is soft and easy to use... I loved the smell of it which is like carnation maybe? I can't really tell but i like it...it has enough pigments in it to wear it alone...i bought it in ( immortal charm) shade and i use it over nude lipsticks and sometimes alone

on 4/15/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I only have this in Seduce Me (clear), but I do really like it. I usually apply it over a lip stain and it gives a beautiful glossy finish. It doesn't last long, but it's so smooth and pleasant to wear that I don't mind reapplying.

I'm not actually bothered by the scent like so many others seem to be. In fact, I really love it! It's rather floral and reminds me of gardenia.

I like the packaging. It's sturdy and gets the job done without being too over the top. Although... It was rather expensive. I think I ended up paying around $9 for this...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

These were a surprise hit for me. I know many reviewers complain about the scent, but I actually really enjoy it. I can't describe what it smells like, but it does smell very similar to the reformulated moisture renew lipsticks. The color Popcorn for 2 is like a lipgloss version of MAC's LE lipstick Lollipop Loving. I also have Non Stop Glamour and Red Carpet Glam. I love all of them and plan on picking up a few more. These just might be my favorite lipglosses!

on 12/16/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing this for about two years now in the All Night Long shade (a kind of deep plum/berry that looks darker in the bottle than it does on). This is inexpensive, it's not sticky (one of my favorite things about it besides the color) and it provides a nice shine. It is definitely NOT long-lasting -- I usually have to reapply it even after just drinking coffee -- but I don't care so much about that. The scent took some getting used to (it's kind of soapy) but I don't mind it at all now. The packaging, while nice-looking, leaves something to be desired -- when I carry it in my purse, I put it in a plastic bag as product can leak out a bit sometimes. One of the things I like best about this gloss is you can vary the amount for casual or more "dressed-up" use and it works really well for both. Overall, definitely recommend if you're looking for a gloss with a nice shine and feel at a low price.

on 12/14/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in Seduce Me (clear) and it's nice to wear over a matte lipstick or lip pencil. It feels a bit sticky for my liking though.

Popular Lip Glosses