April 21, 2014 | 1370 users online

Blush - Philosophy - Lit From Within "Look on the Bright Side"

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i think this stuff may have been discontinued, but you can still find it on various places like amazon and ebay for dirt cheap prices. anyhow, i bought it in "look on the bright side" which shows up as the ugliest bright pink IN the case, but goes on as a beautiful soft pink. it's the most fantastic stuff because it doesn't require much blending and you can't really overdo it. you can pretty much apply it without looking in a mirror. the staying power isn't the best, but i am willing to give that up because it easily allows me to touch up my blush without having to go all out and rub it into my face like crazy. (: note well that i'm basically the fairest of olive skin tones (one of those people who is actually thankful for the super pale BB creams.) on someone with darker skin, this might not have much impact. "bare your soul" seems like a color that might work with darker skintones. i'm definitely going to stock up on this stuff! however, buyer beware! this is very sheer! a lot of people who reviewed bare your soul seemed to dislike it for this very reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by paulabearb

This is another great blush from Philosophy. I have fair skin so this works for me just fine. I don't need a heavy blush and only need something subtle.

You can also layer this blush if you wish to do so and it still looks fine and not caked on.

I will definitely repurchase this item again. Unfortunately I can't say I am a fan of the packaging however for the price I got it from my online store Fresh I really can't complain ;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by sam78s

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love a nice, pinky blush to make me look a little less wan. I like this shade, although I'm not a fan of creamy blushers. It blends nicely, gives my cheeks a nice glow, but I don't think it had much staying power, probably due to the lack of pigment. It's OK, but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of cool pink blushes. When I saw an ad for this in "In Style," a lemming immediately popped up in my poorly defended psyche. It was a hopeless battle; I had to have this. Unfortunately, it's a bit "meh." A true cool pink, it is very lightly pigmented and very sheer. It takes tons of product to bring a tint to my extremely fair skin (MAC 20-25). I like it but I don't love it. Convenient packaging. For $20, though, you have lots of alternatives. The NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Wild Berry (LE right now), costs 1/3 of the price of the Philosophy and gives you at least twice as much product. They are the exact same shade but the NYC has far more pigment and only takes a tidbit of product to bring the same degree of color to one's face. They are easily the same quality in lasting power; in fact, I might be inclined to say the NYC is better. Sigh. Ah well, it's a nice size for my purse. I would not purchase again.