October 24, 2014 | 1786 users online

Polishes - Zoya - Cassi

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROs:
+ Longevity... lasts a long time on nails without any visible wear!
+ Superior quality
+ Formula
+ Color... cool-toned peach / coral with a subtle gold shimmer. Cute on toes!
+ Application
+ Packaging

CONs:
- Availability... must buy online

NEUTRAL:
~ Brush... the brush is OK, not bad. Zoya could step up their game if their brushes were of the same quality as OPI's... but their formulation is so amazing that the brush is neither here nor there.
~ Opacity... takes 3 coats but not a big deal. Once it is on, it looks amazing and lasts a long time.

PS: I am shocked at other reviews of this nail polish. This stuff is amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ASupaheroFangirl

First of all let me say that I absolutely ADORE this np color. It is a soft beautiful peachy pink with fine white-gold pearlesque shimmer, with very flattering on my neutral slightly warmer toned skin with yellow undertones. Other than that? The formula was deffinetly lacking, it goes on sheer and thick and you have to apply it carefully to be even, otherwise hello patches! And the drying time! Yikes! A coat for me to be *completely* dry (as in no dents unless you purposely try to attack your nails) in around, 2 hrs MINIMUM! And this baby needs a full 3 coats to reach full opacity. 3 COATS. Do the math, that's a heck of a lot of time walking on eggshells, twiddling your thumbs (or not ;), and screaming at your nail polish to, for love of all things smothered in chocolate DRY!!!!
So in conclusion? Love love love the color, hate hate hate the formula, and unless you are at home doing nothing all day and want to suffer the ridiculous dry time in favor of pretty nails, then by all means go ahead. As for me, I'll keep an eye out for a better alternative, *sigh* shame really, lovely color. Cassi I so wanted to love you with all my heart but you're a little devil in pretty packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I absolutely love this color for my hands, but the formula leaves much to be desired - that's how I would describe Cassi. Cassi is a warm-neutral light coral pink with the very faintest touch of shimmer. I'll say it again: Cassi is a beautiful shade, just what I was looking for. That's where the compliments end, as the first coat is very streaky and uneven. The second coat helps quite a bit with the unevenness, but coverage was still a bit patchy. I am disappointed in the formula, especially since lately I have been so impressed with several other Zoya polishes and hate to do three coats, which is what this polish truly needs. Despite the fact that Cassi is a bit of a challenge in terms of formula, I would probably still repurchase because I love the color that much (unless, of course, I find a better dupe).
ETA: I did some research and China Glaze's Pink ROX-E is supposed to be a good dupe for this shade, but unfortunately it's discontinued. There's hope, though...Finger Paints (a line sold at Sally's) just released a color called Peach Picasso that is a near-perfect match (it's just the tiniest bit darker than Cassi, and a tad frosty as opposed to shimmery) with a *slightly* better formula. As you can tell, I'm kind of obsessed with this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this color on me! I am about an NW30, neutral to cool toned. I only wear these kinds of colors on my toes as I like sheers for my hands. Two coats is near opaque. On me it is a peachy/light coral color with shimmer. Looks pretty for spring and not over the top or garish. Applied evenly and easily, no streaks and wear time with a base and top coat is well over a week. I would buy this again as I don't own anything like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by morningbender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a really pretty shimmery, peachy pink. The formula is good, and it's just a really cute color! I don't like it enough to buy it again, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i bought this as part of a bogo special with zoya. i picked it because online the color looked richer. it's a yellow based peach color. it's fine but i doubt i would have picked it off the shelf. it requires several coats to pop. basically it feels very average on me. i like neutral polishes for my work life of just to not have a bare nail but this one does nothing for me. i might not even finish the bottle but give it away instead. it feels like a little girl color on me not something a grown woman of my skin tone would wear. aside from that the zoya quality is there. it's just a matter of this not being a good shade for me.

*** update: so out of the blue tonight my boyfriend looks over and says "i like your nail polish". go figure. we love exotic playful colors and the guys like a nice simple neutral. i've added a pic of it on my hands.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by quitabandita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cassi is a beautiful color, but argh, the application is extremely frustrating. It is thick, but sheer and tends to go on splotchy and pool at the sides of the nail beds. It is extremely difficult to build it up to full opacity without it looking horrible and gloppy. I've never had a polish be so frustrating to work with. Not worth the aggravation for this color. Most other Zoya polishes I have apply beautifully so not sure what went wrong on this formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Drigsby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Zoya Cassi is a warm peachy-pink with yellow shimmer. Formulation is pretty good: thick, no streaks, and fast drying. Two coats should be good enough but 3 coats are required for total opaqueness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This colour is absolutely gorgeous in the bottle - a peachy coral with silver shimmer, but the application is what I find to be a bit of a let down. The formula is a tad thick so it was hard to layer to get an opaque colour. Three coats and I was finally satisfied with the payoff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I must be weird because others aren't too keen on this polish based on the other reviews but I love it and I would definately put it in my top 10 hall of fame polishes. It's exactly what I was looking for - to me, a light bright peachy shade with some very nice tiny gold and multi-colored shimmer (not frosty old lady shimmer). It's kind of like the OPI Dancing in the Isles, but it's more bright and peach, and the shimmer in the OPI is the frosty kind that sweeps with your brush when you apply. Also, Essie Tart Deco was my other shot at a peachy polish, but it was just way too opaque and too orange. I greatly prefer the Cassi! I could put this on tips or toes. It's just lovely for summer!