December 17, 2014 | 1749 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Wear Infinite Eyeshadow Quad 806 Canyon Stone

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this quad the highest score possible simply for the medium brown shadow on the bottom left. On my NC 42 skin tone, it gives me the best crease color which contours and opens up the eyes. Like many reviewers mentioned. the majority of the quad gives minimal color. Even if you scrape off the color for an intense application, you're bound to get lots of fallout. I honestly thought my quad dried out which is why the color payoff wasn't the best but I happy to know it's not just me. The plus of this is that I found it on sale for $4.00 which I can't complain too much about. The medium brown in the quad is comparable to Mac's saddle eyeshadow and it gives great application. I would not repurchase this given the lack of color and I have not made a dent on that brown.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Anyone out there interested in a shadow quad with zero color payoff, this it your day! Luckily I got this at Big Lots on clearance so I am not too upset, but wow. No color payoff whatsoever. I am guessing this is discontinued? Let's hope so.
None of the colors in this quad gave me any color. I used a lot as well and you could barely tell I had anything on. I tried all the colors and none of them are pigmented. They are also chalky and have fallout. If I didn't know better I would swear this was another brand.
I am just gonna *try* to use this up by putting it under other shadows, but I dunno. I just wanna chuck it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

This is a pretty quad but it's just not very pigmented. I tend to use it when I just want a little definition with a bold lip. There are better alternatives for that look, so I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

They changed the shades and the packaging from the pictures. I love l'oreal products and this is my first eyeshadow quad. I hope the other quads aren't like this one because "canyon stone" is horrible!!! No pigmentation. Colors are either chalky or don't show up at all and the glitter fallout is bad. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up the other day, because I loved the colors--I was especially excited about the coolish purple color. That being said, this is the worst eyeshadow I have ever used. There is NO pigmentation whatsoever. Fingers, brush--all it does is smear sparkles across my lid. I can't even get it to swatch on my hand or arm. Horrible formula. Between this and the "one sweep" L'Oreal disaster I am done with their eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by gardengrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this quad when I was looking to economize after running low on Clinique's Color Surge Duo in Double Date. I went with Loreal because it was on sale, the two lightest colors looked similar to those in Double Date, and the dark brown appeared to be Loreal's Deep Mocha, which I was already using as a liner.

I'm happy with the colors. The two lighter shades are not heavily pigmented, but I'm used to Clinique, so that's not a deal breaker for me. I use the lightest shade across my whole eye, taking care to hit the inside corner. Then I apply the khaki color on my lids and the medium brown in the crease. I use a clean brush to blend everything in a circular motion and then tightline with the darkest shade and a dampened angle brush. These shadows wear well on my oily skin, provided I use a primer (currently Urban Decay Primer Potion.) Without primer, they crease in a few hours.

Packaging: Like most drugstore cosmetics, the packaging sucks: simultaneously overdone and flimsy, and totally unrecyclable. I "de-pot" all my makeup and keep it in an Aveda Environmetals palette. Loreal uses some sort of space age glue that will not come off the pans. I've found the most effective system is to cut up the plastic package using an exacto knife chucked into my woodburning kit. I use a razor blade to scrape what glue I can from the back of the pans and then cover the sticky spots with clear tape. I do this outside to avoid poisoning myself with fumes since this activity is almost as eco friendly as huffing paint. I'm also frustrated that the individual shadows are not named.  The dark brown is obviously Deep Mocha, but I have enough of the darker shades to last me for years. I use up the two lighter colors quickly, and I don't like buying the whole quad just to replace them.  Trying to match the lighter colors with the singles under Walgreen's lighting is impossible. I do like the efficient way that Loreal's rectangular pans line up in my palette, but I've decided to look for alternatives for the lighter shades because of the packaging. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mizztanyamarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up over the weekend and I really do love this quad! I was visiting family out of state and wanted to give some relatives makeovers. I wanted to use browns and realized I didn't bring any of my brown eyeshadows with me which worked out since that's the only reason I bought this quad in the first place. All of the colors in the palette are matte. There is a nude highlight color, a light, medium, and dark brown. The four colors that come in this quad work so well together. I can already tell that I'll be reaching for this quad often whether it is to use it alone or along with other eyeshadows that I own. I know I'll be repurchasing this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by sassynurse05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybelline use to have a compact that had these colors, or ones very similar to this, back in the late 80's. (ok so my mind remembers these as being the same, heck that was a long time ago.) I wore out about three of those compacts, my parents even took the palette to a brick store to by bricks for their house in these colors because they are so fabulous. LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette. I am a huge fan of the l'oreal wear infinite eyeshadows. I feel like they are easy to play with the intensity--in that you can use them light handed and have sheer color or simply change the application tool/brush you are using and they go on intensely. These colors make my brown eyes pop! I do usually have to add a lighter highlight shade in the winter as I get very fair. I love the deep brown in this quad and use it as my eyeliner constantly. I work 12 hour shifts and these shadows last without creasing the entire day. This is when I don't use a base. If I do place an eyeshadow base like Palladio's herbal eyeshadow primer they are almost difficult to take off. Very little fallout occurs when I use these shadows. I enjoy that these are matte shades. They work well with metallic shades to mix textures, I especially like combining it with Maybelle's chocolate mousse trio. I see these colors as being very workable for someone with a deeper skin tone as well. The color payoff is phenomenal and the texture is so easily blended. I use them wet as well, and all shades work great as eyeliners. The lids on these packages are flimsy and I generally depot them and put them in a different container anyway. (PS my depotting technique involves placing the palette on a candle warmer for about a half a minute to a minute then using a tiny jewelers screwdriver to "plop" the pans out. It generally leaves enough glue on the pan that you can then place the pans in a Lucite container. May I suggest the lovely clear hinged containers that Russell Stover chocolate mint candies come in. NO KIDDING! It's marvelous.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I don't think they are hard to blend at all. You're not supposed to put a lot of matte shadow or a dark shade on your brush, and then expect it to blend well. That goes for all eyeshadows, and not just L'oreal. For the drugstore, I think these are quite good. Dark shades have to go on in light layers so you can build the depth. This is a good palette for all skintones. It used to be for dark eyes, but now that this is supposedly part of the Studio Secrets line, it's for blue eyes. I think those eye color quad ideas don't make much sense really. Update: This shade has switched compacts and names several times. It used to be for dark eyes, then it was part of the Studio Secrets line, and NOW it's not even the same four shades. It's now four light cool toned shades. So, I guess this is discontinued as far as I'm concerned! What the hell is Loreal thinking? Couldn't they just name it something else to prevent confusion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Good thing I got this quad for about $3.00. It's probably one of the worst eyeshadow quads I've ever used. I expected much more from L'Oreal.

The colors are ok as far as pigment goes, but they are all matte shades and are very hard to blend. Don't get me wrong - I knew these were matte shades when I bought it, but I thought they would be much better quality.