April 19, 2014 | 1293 users online

Cleansers - Signature Club A - Double Rich Shea Butter Meltdown For Face & Eyes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

SCA meltdowns work wonderfully on removing skin makeup, and they come in various "flavors". This Double Rich Shea Butter meltdown is my favorite so far; it smells like a mild gingerbread. Overall, the meltdowns are a thinner consistency than Ponds Cold Cream but the product may be a little stronger than Ponds. When the jar says to only leave on for 10 seconds, I would not leave it on any longer than that. Seriously, I could see this product irritating someone with sensitive skin, which thankfully doesn't describe me. (I have used this off and on for the past 3 years with no irritation.) One last Ponds comparison: While it is possible to remove Ponds Cold Cream with a facial tissue, SCA meltdowns are definitely best removed with a warm wet washcloth. However, while I like the meltdowns are good with removing skin makeup, they burn the eyes! This is a problem for me because removal of waterproof eye makeup is the main reason I use this type of product. Deducting 2 lippies for the eye burn ... Guess I will stick with Pond's cold cream unless/until SCA addresses the eye burning issue...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to even try this type of product, thinking that it would be messy like Pond's Cold Cream as a makeup remover. It's actually a lot lighter than I thought. SCA carries this makeup remover in several different scents and this one my skin can tolerate, probably because the fragrance component is last on the ingredient list. The scent of the shea butter version of this product is light and doesn't overwhelm as you're using it. I have found that the best way to apply this product is to dab it on your face and eye area, spread it lightly on your face, wait 10 seconds and then remove it with a warm, wet washcloth. In this manner, I've experienced no irritation. When I tried using it and then removing it with cotton pads, the rubbing from the cotton pads irritated my skin. The warm, wet washcloth method is kinder to my skin and leaves it cleaner and softer than with the cotton pad removal method. I've tried this even in the morning and it works, leaving my skin soft and soothed and ready for a moisturizer or other facial products. I tried the other scented versions and my skin couldn't tolerate the citrus scented versions such as tangerine and lemon and the coconut version either. I noticed that these versions have fragrance listed much higher on the ingredient list. The shea butter version seems to be milder and my skin can tolerate it. Glad I tried it!