October 1, 2014 | 1247 users online

Polishes - E.L.F. - Desert Haze

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The grey trend is wonderful.

This formula is a little streaky so it took 3 coats for full opacity. Dries quickly but definitely needs a top coat because its dried finish lacks luster and shine.

The color could impress anywhere you go though. I get lots of compliments on it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 More reviews by bleuxs

hum, yes the color is very nice (needs at least 2 coats to see the true color) but what im having trouble with is the fact that it starts flaking by big chunks after less than 12 hours (undergoing normal keyboard typing/washing dishes/manipulating small objects/cutting veggies). so if u are handywoman doing lots of tasks in a day, well it will definitely disappoint you. and it doesn't dry that fast either (30 minutes for complete dry and even then, you may still find some of your coats a bit gummy -_-'). Overall, considering the price (2$CDN), i dont have too high of expectation, and would only recommend it to girls who don't do any household chore. would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kerroppi

very nice, professional, work-appropriate color. good coverage. takes three coats, a little watery. will repurchase. great find for such a great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by KristaSelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this color but it takes a bit of patience to get the right consistency. My bottle's lid doesn't screw on properly. It's tricky to use the brush because the handle isn't aligned. It takes awhile to dry and the smell isn't great... but for $1, I would buy again. This particular shade could easily make some complexions look "dead" but I have such fair skin that it doesn't entirely wash me out. It's difficult but unique. Because it's so affordable, it's worth the purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Cbear1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So thin and watery, this polish was impossible to apply. Not impressed with my first ELF nailpolish, and the colour wasn't the best, didn't particularly suit my pale skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous, neutral grey shade for spring. I absolutely love it! It's such a unique and sophisticated colour, I can't believe it only cost $1. You need 3 coats for complete opacity, and I can't testify to the lasting power since I top everything off with Sally Hansen Mega Shine. My manicure usually can last 6 days without chipping, but I change my nail polish every 3 days or so.

Some of E.L.F.'s other shades scream "CHEAP" or "DOLLAR STORE", but this one could easily be mistaken for an OPI or Essie polish. Fabulous!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Too watery, needs three coats but it's cheap and it's a really nice shade of grey so...pretty happy with it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinlattelover

I love the colour of this product! It is a very unique neutral that is grey/taupe. This polish also stays on very a decent amount of time without chipping. I put this polish on Sunday and it is now Wednesday and is just starting to chip, (I have done 3 loads of dishes by hand, laundry, and worked as a waitress in that timeframe). Most polishes don't last more than a day on me due to my job. I will definately buy this again as not only do I love the colour, etc but it is also very cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by oxurazngurlxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful nude taupe color. I love this and would buy again. This does need a good top coat - without it this nail polish chips.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by achuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm so surprised at how much I love this polish!! I usually use OPI or essie, but I had a 51% off and free shipping coupon online so I couldn't really resist trying it for only 50 cents!

shipping from eyeslipsface.com was pretty fast (especially in the holiday season) but when I got the polish the product looked it had separated and was streaky. but after you give it a good shake, everything evens out. the brush isn't as good as an OPI brush but its decent and i don't see anything really wrong with it. two coats worked for me as i was running out the door but i'm going to do three next time. staying power is awesome. i did two coats of Haken Nail Magic, two coats of this polish and a quick spritz of a polish dryer (from Sallys) because i was in a hurry, and i've had no chipping three days later! even with no top coat it still has a nice sheen to it so I'm quite pleased! when i have more time i'll probably do my usual Orly base coat, 3 coats of this polish and seche vite topcoat, but its nice to know i can do a quick mani with this polish for a clean, "polished" look :)