April 19, 2014 | 1887 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - HD Microfinish Cream Blush - #14 Star Struck

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the second blush I bought from the HD line. The texture is a great as my other one and this is a very pretty shade of peach. On my cool skin it gives me a bronzed look.

It's also easier to use than the bright colors, if you are new to the HD blush line that would be a good shade to start with.

Yes the pomp isn't so great but I love the fact that it comes like that because it means the product won't be full of bacterias and if you have a large stash you would appreciate that you can keep those longer.

This is also extremely long wearing, it dries to a nice satin finish and it's just beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Kierstynmarie

I love this! Recently, I've been obsessed with cream blushes, but have mostly been sticking with MAC ones, but I'm so glad I tried this.
I love peachy blushes, so when I saw this, I had to have it! At first I thought it was going to be similar to my MAC Something Special cream blush, but this is so completely different! It really gives you a glowing from within kind of look! I know that a lot of people don't use anything to set it with, but I like to apply NARS Luster over it, it gives an amazing staying powder and just enough glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jessicawong57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this a pale peach so i love it i tried mufe powder blushes it was so good but why not try this one and its very pigmented so a little goes along way and i love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

Love is the best word to describe my feelings on this product.

Normally I'm a powder blush girl, but loving MUFE, I decided to give it a try. I have and love the HD foundation, and figured this would be a perfect compliment. I am rather light with an olive-toned complexion (MAC NC20-25, MUFE HD 117), and love light peachy cheeks. I first tried using my fingers, but I couldn't seem to get a nice, even look on both cheeks. I used my MAC 188 brush on a whim and the result was phenomenal. The brush is small enough to keep it in the cheek area, and distributes the product wonderfully.

To get it out, I never actually pump the product. I put my finger towards the back of the top of the pump (where you'd press) and gently, very, VERY lightly press/wiggle it a few times to get a little larger than a pin-sized delivery of color. I dab it on a cheek with my finger, then blend with the brush. I then repeat for my other cheek. It can definitely be built up, but I think it's always best to start with a little then go for more - once it's on your hand, if it's not used, it's wasted, and for $25 for this amount, I don't want to waste!

It's super pigmented but still unbelievably natural. It never looks like "hey look at that girl's powdery cheeks!!" but instead just a nice, natural, real-skin flush. I also love how compact it is, which makes it easy to travel with, and that you definitely can use your fingers if you don't want to travel with tons of brushes/product (I just choose to use my 188 most of the time). I would assume it would also make a lovely lip stain.

Overall, this is another home run by MUFE, and although the price is a bit daunting, the quality and quantity needed for a great look (only a wee bit, remember!) makes it worth the price. I can see this lasting well into the summer for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this product, I didn't like it. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. I do find that if you have skin that is extremely dry, this isn't necessarily the right product for you. I have skin that is very dry (especially around the forehead and I do have some dry patches on my cheeks) and I find that the blush doesn't look good when applied over the dry spots. What I do is I make sure I moisturise my face very well and then apply a foundation primer prior to applying this blush and the effect is lovely. I don't find this blush hard to blend or overly pigmented if used correctly. The product comes in a cute dinky bottle with a pump.I understand the problem that everyone is going through with the pump but so far i haven't had that problem. What I do is I push the pump about 1/3 way several times to get a tiny bit of the product. One full pump will be way too much for your cheeks (you might be able to cover your entire face with that!). I do find that with this product you have to work it very quickly into the skin because it dries to a semi matte powdery finish. The color is a lovely peachy nude that goes on peachy on your cheeks. On me I find that it only has the tiniest touch of pink which is almost undetectable. This product works best with a light dusting of the HD powder on top of it. The silica powder works to diffuse the color of the blush making it look very seamless and just makes the blush look as if its glowing from within. I have this and #5 and im looking forward to trying out more colors! My only gripe is the price! MUFE is quite overpriced here in my country and I paid 40 usd for it as opposed to 25usd at Sephora! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do love the soft colour, but the pump makes it hard to control how much product I get - I pump more than I need and I hate waste at this price.

However, the colour is one of the finest colour blushes I've found, and the product doesn't streak, so I'm happy I bought it, though I will probably revert to a powder blush at some point.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is too light to show up on my cheeks during summer, and probably during winter-- I'm a 30 in MUFE Mat Velvet with tan, mix a 20 and 30 the rest of the year.

What I love it for is to cancel the dark circles under my eyes. I don't have a problem with caking or greasiness, and it lasts all day until I remove. Only use a small amount, so the packaging is a plus.

Edit: Don't expect this to last in it's packaging. Unlike a cream blush (like MAC or Nars) you can't do the 'sniff and see if it hasn't changed' test because it turns to glue. If you just buy one and use it up it's ok, but it is not a stash item. It does increase in pigmentation, but clogs the pump in the process. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What's there to say? This is one of the best blushes I've ever used, and it makes me want to try the other HD Microfinish blushes. The nude pink-peach color gives a natural-looking flush to my NW20 skin without screaming, "Hey, look at me; I'm wearing blush!" I love the formulation (finally, no glitter or sheen!). We all know that the pump isn't the easiest to use, but you quickly learn how to control the amount product that comes out. I dispense a little bit onto the back of my hand, dab an even coat onto my ring finger, and dab onto my cheeks; seeing as how well this method works, I wouldn't even bother using a brush. This is my everyday blush, and I get excited every day I get to put it on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second MUFE HD blush and it didn't disappoint. It's a great peachy-nude shade that looks equally great with smoky eyes (I love it with dark green or bronze) or a simple wash of light gold shadow. I think it's best suited for fair to medium skintones, as it may be too pale for darker skin, but it's very pigmented so it may show up. Yes, I'm not crazy about the pump dispenser that squirts out way too much product, but the staying power and gorgeous, natural finish are top notch so I can overlook it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my second MUFE HD blush. Star Struck is a light peachy color. When I swatch it next to MAC Peaches blush, Peaches is darker, and Star Struck has a little pink in it. I am NC25, and this looks like a perfect, subtle flush of color on the cheeks. I have to use more of it than the other HD blush I have (#7, One Too Many) because this color is lighter, and it takes more to show up. If you are NC25 or lighter, this will most likely be the perfect blush for you. If you are fair, it will show up more than it does on me. It is difficult to overdo the application since this is such a light color. Other people say this is hard to apply, but I barely tap the pump so just a few drops come out, then I blend it on my cheeks with my fingers. I wouldn't use a brush. It is not greasy feeling at all. It almost immediately dries to a matte. I haven't broken out from it. I will most definitely repurchase.

EDITED on 5/12/12:Deducted 2 lippies. This is really too light for my skintone, and for some reason, it seems to flake/not go on evenly when applied, unlike my MUFE one in #7.