November 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Hair Treatments - TiGi - Born To Rock Detangler

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ingredient list to the Born To Rock detangler seems to have a lot of fruit extracts in it which is one difference I noticed compared to cheaper detanglers on the market however performance wise, I find this about the same if not even more mediocre than some other products I've used. I have waist length fine Asian hair as well so detanglers are a preference for me just to make mornings easier. Because of the hair length, how this product works is really important and another issue is the scent. I have really long hair which means I have to use quite a few spritz, on average the scent from hair products will linger throughout the day...

The smell to this product is absolutely horrific. It's taking me ages to attempt to finish a bottle but I just can't stand it on some days.. There are notes of cherry extract in this but as another reviewer mentioned, it kind of smells like vomit, cherry vomit.

I was using this one day in the bathroom and my mother asked why the bathroom smelled like "rotten fruit", since then I've become even more cautious of this. The product functions as it states, no faults about it but it's not amazing either. I've had similar or better results from drugstore brands like Dove and Pantene, even the Suave detangler (for kids) worked fine... however none of those products smelled like fruits gone bad! TiGi products are on the pricier end, even if this was cheaper around the price of the other products I listed $4-5.. I would NEVER consider another bottle because it is just gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't instantly love this product, initially I had an issue with the smell - personally I found it unpleasant and was worried others could smell it. It's not awful, just not a preference of mine. I'm quite used to the smell now and have to admit it's kind of grown on me. I don't brush my hair after I shower, it doesn't get too knotted either son I just run my fingers through any. I spray this through the mid lengths and the ends of my hair and it's leaves my hair manageable, with less flyaways and the ends feel softer. I love spray in products opposed to anything I have to rub into my hair as I like the beachy undone look - so my only issue with this product is if I don't use a body building shampoo it can weigh my hair down a bit, not overly though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really picky about my leave-in conditioners since most don't seem to do much at all to my hair. My hair is coarse, curly and thick. I blow it out with a round brush most of the time. I've been using some drugstore leave-in conditioners and they feel so heavy and waxy making my hair feel greasy and weighed down. Usually the salon brand leave-ins feel better. There is something about this leave-in conditioner that makes my hair look so shiny and feel soft. It is difficult to over use this product so spray away. It gives hair a nice slip, which makes it easy to comb through when wet. I'll give you an example of how this makes my hair look nicer. I am badly in need of a haircut right now and the ends are a bit dry and damaged. After spraying this one and blow drying with a round brush my ends look so supple and shiny! I've received compliments on it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i probably wouldnt have tried this if it had been full price as tigi products are usually quite pricey, but it does work pretty well. i just spray about 4-5 times through wet hair and it makes combing through much more easy. the smell isnt too strong either which i like, and it very light so it doesnt weigh down my hair or make it feel greasy. ill probably keep buying it unless i find something better

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this free with the Rockaholic Dirty Secret dry shampoo, so the price was great! As always, TiGi products have really pretty packaging.

Whilst I do need a detangler for my hair (waist length, fine, tangles like cotton candy within a day) this one hasn't worked for me. It made my hair hard and stuck it together in clumps so the ends look stringy. I also don't like the smell, it isn't fresh and girly like other TiGi products, IMHO it smells like vomit. I'm glad this was free, I'd be gutted if I wasted $$ on it. I'm getting more and more disappointed with TiGi everytime I try it. Fortunately they still have some unbelievably fab products, so I might just stick to those and not try anthing new lol.

EDIT: I put this in with my laundry (like a fabric softener) to use it up, and it did a great job! I still wouldn't pay money for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product from TiGi from the "Rockaholic" line is a leave-in detangler & defrizzer spray. The smell itself first of all is simply amazing (that is, if you like fruity scents, it reminds me of strawberries or raspberries..). Well, the product holds definitely up to its expectations, it is by far the ONLY detangling spray which really detangles my very long hair and be sure I tried about everything on the market.
After your washing routine, simply spray your hair with the "Born to Rock"-detangler and instantly your brush/comb will glide through your hair like nothing else! I'm serious, this product really impressed me and I will definitely repurchase again.