September 19, 2014 | 1832 users online

Deodorants - Philosophy - Amazing Grace deodorant

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by armygirl

Despite the ridiculously expensive price ($18 for a stick), I actually enjoy this deodorant. If you enjoy the Amazing Grace scent, you'll enjoy this deodorant, which lasts all day long. Other deodorants (such as Secret, Dove, etc.) will gradually fade throughout the day, but not this one. At the very end of the day before showering, I am still able to smell the Amazing Grace scent with no trace of body odor. Also, the product is a solid white, but will apply as clear; I haven't had an issue with it rubbing onto my clothing. Would definitely repurchase.

Note: I rated this a 4/5 simply because the deodorant is a little "hard", meaning that it's difficult to rub onto the underarm without having to apply a bit of painful pressure. For $18, it should apply a little more smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love that Philosophy started making deodorants that correspond to their perfumes. The Grace perfumes are so lightly scented to begin with that having a matching deodorant is a great way guarantee that you'll keep that nice, fresh scent all day. And I hate the guessing game of figuring out what deodorant and other fragranced products to use with scented body lotions or perfumes when there isn't a whole line of products in the same scent. Now if Philosophy would only come out with hair spray in Grace scents, I'd be set!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by uncomplicated

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best deodorant I have used. I got the Pure Grace scent. I have very sensitive skin. I've been using it for a couple of months now and have had no problems with rash, peeling skin, itching or stinging which are problems I have had with every other deodorant I have used. It keeps me dry, but my skin stays soft. It also has kept me odor-free all day long even in heat (95-100 F) and humidity (over 60% sometimes). It does leave a bit of a white film if it gets on my clothes, but I've been able to easily brush it off.

The scent of the deodorant itself is light and pleasant. Not overpowering, but still present. It's a bit pricey, but since it's the only deodorant that has worked so well for me, I'll be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by JillyT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I couldn't be any more disappointed in this and I was so excited for it to come out. First off, it HURTS to put on. The product is so dry that I have to rub hard to get any on and the round shape is just not comfortable (that doesn't sound logical but it's true). Secondly, the scent is barely there. I like subtle, but what's the point if I can't smell it. Third, the combination of the above items leaves me.... stinky. I have never had issues with deodarant... any old type will work. But not this. The worst.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't had much love in the past for deodorant versions of perfumes. Sweat and perfume are not a good mix. This is extremely light in scent, though and has an absolutely fantastic, just-showered smell. There's just a tiny hint of the Amazing Grace scent. More to the point, it is real antiperspirant and a deodorant with 18% alluminum, so it's very effective. Although I still wish I could find a truly scent-free antiperspirant/deodorant, I find that the "unscented" antiperspirants (particularly those by Secret) have "masking fragrance" that is more perceptible and harder to wash off than outright fragrance. I am very pleased with this product. It's another way for me to wear Amazing Grace.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

$18 for a deodorant? Well, if you like Amazing Grace, you'll follow my logic! After years of deodorants that smell like fake flowers or fake fruit, or worse, a combination of the two, I was positively thrilled to find this addition to the vast AG collection. That being said, it is a nice thick container of no residue deodorant that does the job. It also comes in Pure Grace.