The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Scrub

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/9/2015 4:22:00 PM

Ahh, the body shop, you make the BEST body scrubs. I love the mango body scrub, it's my absolute favorite, and this is almost just as good. It smells amazing, like a fresh lemon and a hint of sugar. It makes your skin soo soft and supple after use. It is not the most harsh exfoliant, so i use an exfoliating glove with it and it works wonders. Only downside, is that you use it up pretty quickly so it's not something I can by all the time.

on 10/28/2013 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

loved this product but they discontinued it in Australia! really love the sweet lemony sent and fine sugar scrub! please bring it back!

on 10/14/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was used to the Garnier Body Tonic Sugar Scrub, and that's why the lemon scent atracted me, and seeing it is formulated for dry skin, got it.
My mainly purpose using this is to prevent ingrown hairs after every epilation and as it comes quite oily is also perfect before each session, making the machine go through smoothly, no more skin flakes in cold and dry weather. As most of the exfoliants, couldn't help my elbows and knees as I would like but seemed a litlle bit roughless. I don't like jars for an exfoliant (neither in general), occurres me that the granulates go where the cap and felt funny to open or close it.
I don't know if it's just bad luck but haven't seen it in the store for a while.

on 8/28/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this as a Summer scrub and did not like it at all.

The oil in this scrub is almost like a dry oil, which would be good for the summer, but it leaves an odd almost drying layer on my skin. The scrubby bits are okay but, because the oil is so dry, you have to use a lot and even then it was difficult to use. My skin did not feel any different after using this.

I didn't care for the lemon scent (did not take any points off for this - I knew I was buying lemon) - I felt like was using dish soap. Not the summer freshness I was going for, thankfully the smell does not stick around very long.

I just bought the Coconut Cream Scrub from The Body Shop and I love it - it's amazing.

on 3/22/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the scent of the whole Sweet Lemon range, after being very statified with the shower gel, I bought this one on sale and using coupons. I wouldnt have bought it for full price though, in holland its 15 euros, about 19 dollars. It's made on an oil-basis and you can easily feel that, it leaves your skin a bit oily and sticky afterwards, which i do not particulary like throughout the day. So i used this only for during winter when i had really dry, sensitive, chapped, skin. Mostly at night, when i go to sleep, because of its stickiness and then let it sink in. It scrubs okay if you're not into harsh products and tend to have a sensitive skin, but mostly i like rough scrubs better. I do like that it's almost 100% natural and that TBS doesnt test on animals. Then again, all TBS products are and i do not like the feeling of this one afterwars, so would not buy it again. I would rather go for the cocoa scrub instead, it scrubs way better and it doens't leave any residue on my skin.

on 1/24/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I found this on sale at Marshall's for about $4.00, so for me the price was great. Looking up the price on the Body Shop's website, however, is pretty steep for a random body scrub.

I love the smell, and the scrub is just gritty enough to use on legs and arms. It's not concentrated enough for elbows or heels, though. The granules are actually sugar, so they dissolve pretty quickly. You need a few scoops of this to do a full scrub-down, so it runs out pretty fast.

I did start using this on my lips to keep the dead skin at bay, and so far it seems to work really well.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Bought a small tub of this as I wasn't sure how I was going to like it on. The scent is delightful and lingers in your bathroom! The scrub is just the right graininess for a good, feel good scrub! I will definitely re-purchase and in the bigger size.

on 7/10/2012 6:10:00 PM

Want your skin to feel like a baby's bottom? Use this! The smell is perfect. I happen to really like the smell of lemons to begin with... But it's a good lemon smell not artificial. It probably overpriced... But the body shop always runs deals so I would wait for it to be under $10. I always turn off the shower when I use body gel/cream/scrub it seems counterproductive to have it running, I say this because my boyfriend used it and said it was stupid because it dissolved while he was using it... It's sugar so it will dissolve quickly. What a dope. :)

on 4/20/2012 6:35:00 PM

My first body scrub, EVER.

I absolutely love the smell, it was either this one or coconut, which I had a body butter in.

I use it in the shower because I...just use scrubs in the shower. It gives me that whole clean feeling. Don't know for everyone else, but I use my scrubs in the shower. Anyways, some people complain about the oily feeling/residue, but that doesn't bother me. It makes my skin feel even more softer, like it's actually srubbed off the dead skin. My S/O was scratching my back (Yes, I like it when he scratches my back), and he complimented on how my skin feels more supple and moist! Hehehe..it was an awkward moment for YOU, but not for me! I had a smug look on my face that the sweet lemon body scrub smelled so good and worked so well! I was on the search for good body scrubs and I find that a lot of them smell, rather, rancid. The Body Shop's body scrubs are good for me, provided the price. I got the bigger, jumbo size cause I know I was going to use it all the time in the shower!

on 4/11/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I decided to try this scrub out after using the pink grapefruit body scrub. The smell of this scrub was pretty good, wasn't too strong and had this fresh sweet lemon smell to it. However, this scrub left my skin with this oily cling to it - which I didn't like at all! It left my skin feeling sticky and very uncomfortable :( I do not recommend this product, the pink grapefruit scrub was much better

Top Rated The Body Shop Products