November 21, 2014 | 1706 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow in Shore

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by martensgirl

Wow! I think I have found my HG base eyeshadow! Firstly, I'll tell you what I don't like. I don't like the shape of the pot as I can't apply it with my finger. Secondly, it is pricey, although I guess it will last a long time. Why do I like it? It gives a perfectly smooth, nude look to my eyelids, perfect for a no make-up look or to use as a base to make bright shades more colour-true. It doesn't crease, look caked or move. Wow, what a product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Silly me! I thought Shore was a "new" color that Bobbi Brown added to her Long-wear Cream Eyeshadow collection; only to come here and find out that Shore has been around for quite a few years now! I don't know how I missed out on this little gem for so long, I really don't! Before I stumbled upon Shore, I used BB Malt or Nude Beach for my daily, "in a hurry," quick eye makeup routine. I thought Malt was the perfect matte neutral for my lids- but alas- I was WRONG. Shore is ultimate perfection on my NW20 eyelids. When I first started using Shore, I thought it was too yellowish on me. I guess I was used to the flat beige that is Malt, and the pink-beige of Nude Beach. Once I got used to Shore, I don't even touch Malt or Nude Beach anymore. Shore is truly the perfect, nude, daytime eyeshadow for my lids. I like how it makes my lids look polished and smooth without any crepey-ness. I also love how it applies so smoothly without tugging at my lids, and it looks great for at least 8 hours (depending on weather and activity level) without creasing. I hope BB never stops making this one, because I intend to repurchase as long as it's available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I am in love with this. It acts as a fantastic eyeshadow base and is a nice neutral beige which suits my slightly warm pale skin (MAC NC15). I use it every day, usually under MAC Orb as an all-over wash and MAC Cork as a crease colour. (I prefer it to my old favourites Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat and Linen). It lasts all day and eyeshadow definitely stays put unlike with any other eye base I've ever used. Will buy again and would love to try other shades such as Bone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Lunaree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't think I can ever be without this product again. It's a soft beige color nearly gel creme with a yellow tinge, but not too much so. If I've forgotten corrector that day I can run this under my eyes with similar results!

This is just the perfect eye shade for me and my (paler than)NC15 skin. It evens out any redness or purple tones and makes my lids silky for anything I want to put on top. This doesn't crease or bead up and blending anything on top is a dream! No patchiness whatsoever with this base.

This with a bit of UD Taupe in the crease is my low maintenance look. I want every shade of this!

I can't compare them to MAC paint pots as I haven't tried them, but compared to the a maybelline dream tattoos they are silk. BB cream is so smooth and luxurious, not gritty or tacky like I find the color tattoo to be.

Total HG for me in this shade, don't hesitate to try ANY shade of these creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product. I use it as a base for all my shadows. I have tried numerous eye lid primers and none have worked as well as this one. I have a lot of redness on my eye lids. This neutralizes it perfectly and provides a base for the other Bobbi Brown shadows.

My skin can be sensitive. This doesn't bother my eyes and it applies smoothly without pulling. I recommend getting the Bobbi Brown brush to apply it. They work well together.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Coubre

Best colour by far in the cream shadow . Yellow based not pink like painterly by mac . Amazing texture great as a base under powder shadow it makes them crease free and last all day but I like it as a base coulour with mascara it just evens out and brightens my eyelid . One of those products I use everyday without fail

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful color. I'm an NC40 and this is a great lid color paired with BB's cream shadow in Stone in the crease. It's also a great brow bone color when you want to look polished but not "done up". Either way, it's a staple product for the classic neutral eye. I would recommend and also I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 7/30/14: If you want a perfect, easy, nude matte eye...look no further. Depending on your coloring Malted is a good option too. Still perfection.

ORIGINAL POST: It seems like if you want a simple matte cream e/s from BB to brighten the eye area you choose either Shore or Malted (as of the selection of this review). I am NW20 with deep set eyes and genetic dark under eye circles. I much prefer the neutral beige of Shore over the pink beige of Malted because the whole reason I wear a base like this is to take all the pink/purple tones out of my eye socket area. Shore may not be fancy, but it is a workhorse. And there isn't one day I don't start off with this on my lid and a couple dots of concealer under my eyes. If I wear actual makeup, I will add to that, but this is how I start my day to wake my face & eyes up.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kavebhas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below. Extremely long wearing. Overall great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by turboblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG eyeshadow. And I've tried EVERY "long wearing" or waterproof eyeshado out there! This ios a perfect neutral, not pink at all (which can make mature eyes look red). Great alone or as a base for layering color, a great neutral grey/brown for your contouring your crease is Slate. Patrner with Caviar Ink gel liner (a brownish grey)and ladies, you have a matte, neutral, flattering eye that will stay in place until you take it off at night.