October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Eyes - La Femme - Cake Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are terrific. I use them with Visine, LiquiSet, or Mixing Liquid. Add a few drops and mix until a thin paste forms, then apply like a liquid liner (it's somehow easier for me than liquid liner). I usually have to add more liquid to do the other eye, because the cake absorbs it quickly. It has a matte finish, unless you get one of the iridescent shades.

DO NOT buy the Creamy Cake liner! It's weird, doesn't form a nice paste, and has paltry pigmentation. Get the Matte Cake. It comes in over 20 colors (including Violet, Turquoise, White, Copper, Jade, etc etc etc) and you won't be disappointed in the quality. Makeupmania sells them. I've heard that their CS has been lacking in the past, but I placed an order with them not too long ago and everything went smoothly. I've also had luck buying La Femme online from Miracle Mile Beauty and Ball Beauty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by susan75

Cake Liners are the best! Love the dark blue and grey colors. Other liquid liners I've used tend to dry out or fade as the day goes on, but this stuff lasts and feels great! I can't believe they sell for so cheap too. They could really sell for 3 to 4 times what they do and I would probably still buy them because they are THAT good.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by risingstarVI

Ok so based on all the great reviews of this product I am lead to believe that maybe I purchased an old or bad product because this stuff was horrible. I bought the creamy cake liner and tried using it with just water and also with the creamy cake liner activator liquid and neither worked. The product was very translucent when mixed with the wet medium even when I worked it well into the brush and used very little of it. I really don't know where I went wrong. I ended up throwing it away frustrated I was so disappointed. Maybe the creamy liner just isn't as good as the regular cake liner and I should go get that one instead. This was sad for me because I am such a huge fan of their blushes I really wanted this to work for me =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought laura mercier cake liner and it's great, but then ordered this one for a small fraction of the price, and it's just as good. There is no fancy packaging but you could order about 8 from la femme for the price of one laura mercier. It never dries out like gel liners, and it will last ages. with a little practice you can easily get the consistency that you like by using a little water, or they sell a cake eyeliner sealer for a few dollars that works great too. Very nice liner, and I will not go back to gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by FocaVieja

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in brown two weeks ago, and I'm hooked! Like others, I use an angled brush to mix with water and apply as a line. My line is "medium" width because brown is pretty pale for a thin line, and I'm definitely not the "cat eye" type! A medium line gives me just enough color to bring out my eyes without making me look clownish. I'm a happy camper, and I'm getting faster with the brush, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by pet260

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always loved cake eyeliners and no one makes them nowadays. Found LaFemme on your website. Come on now , for three dollars apiece they are fabulous. I use the sealer also, a bargain and works to keep eye set all day. thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this non stop since I got it last weekend. I'd never used or heard of a cake liner before and I saw it at my beauty supply store while browsing and thought I'd give it a try since it was so cheap. I bought the sealer with it and went home to try. It took a couple of tries to get the hang of it and now, on my third day, I'm wondering where this has been my whole life. I've been using fluidlines since they came out but have never liked how expensive it is and how it dries out over time. I do still use a pencil liner to line my inner rims because the sealer (or maybe its the eyeliner) burns a little if it gets in my eyes. Overall, its totally worth it to buy it and give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by vayalios

I have black and brown cake liner and they work AMAZING. I am comparing it with the Bobbi Brown Gel Liners that I own, Urban Decay Zero,.. La Femme works at least as well or even better. Colour is dark, beautiful and lasts all day long (10 hours at least). Fast done. I take a couple of water drops with my angle brush, put it on a corner of the cake liner, and then rub a little with the brush. The line dries in about 10 seconds and there is no need to repeat. Just once is fine. I also own Turquoise, the colour is very nice, but obviously the line you get is turquoise, so it is not as obvious as brown or black. There is no need to invest on a more expensive product. And the good thing is that it will never dry out as Bobbi Brown liners do! I also have sensitive eyes (allergy to Shadow insurance/Urban decay Primer), but no problem with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this cake liner up at Sally's on a whim because it was at the counter as I checked out, on sale for $2.99. I'd never heard of the line and had no idea what I was getting, but I'd been looking for a good black cake liner for a while and figured for the price I had nothing to lose. I bought the black/grey combo.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. It took a minute to get the liner worked into my brush, as the powder doesn't seem to wet down very well at first. However, once I had my brush loaded, it did a great job. The line was opaque and easy to control and only needed one coat. Staying power was impressive. I only used water, and even on a 94-degree day, the liner stayed put without smudging. I did use it only on the top lash line, not on the bottom.

Overall, very impressed. I removed one lippie because it is a bit of a chore to load the brush, but overall I'm very impressed with the quality of this liner, especially for the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I love these cake liners- particularly the shade Grey.
I highly recommend using this with the La Femme Eyeliner Sealer- together they make a smooth, beautiful long wearing eyeliner that is so easy to apply and take off.