October 20, 2014 | 1920 users online

Polishes - Avon - Nailwear Pro Tangtastic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

Avon nail polish has been a staple in my collection ever since I can remember. My mother sold Avon, I've sold Avon and I've always been a customer. The quality of Avon nail polish is top notch but I don't see a lot of it on the nail boards. They have stepped up their game my offering on trend finishes, shades and formulas, so hopefully more nail enthusiasts will give them a try and see how fantastic these polishes are. I had a customer purchase Tangtastic and didn't like the shade--it was too bright for her--so she returned it to me. Avon doesn't require reps to send back cosmetics so I kept this for my collection. I did a 10 minute manicure with this polish a few days ago, one coat of strengthener, two thin coats of Tangtastic and one coat of quick dry top coat and I was out the door. I'm on day three with this mani and I had no tip wear or chips. This is a beautiful orange creme that is just a shade away from orange-red. I'd categorize it as a crelly, creme-jelly, as I had a slight visible nail line after two coats. The finish is smooth and glossy before TC. The bottles are rectangluar, compact and come with a rather long cap with regular size/length brushes. Application is smooth and easy with a quick dry time. The wear with these polishes is excellent. They advertise 10-day wear with normal touch ups and I highly agree. I've actually only used a good top coat and had no wear except for growth at the cuticles. My favorite Nailwear Pro polishes are the cremes because they are so rich and glossy. The price point is good, especially when these go on sale. Right now they are selling for $2.99 each which is a steal for this high quality enamel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice orange-red polish. Really pops on the toes for summer and even into fall. Two coats gives an opaque, creamy, shiny finish. This lasted over a week on my toes before chipping. Don't sleep on Avon polishes. I own several and they are all great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this particular color in one of the Avon mini sizes when they were recently offered and on special. Tangtastic is an orangey-red that I would say is pretty dupeable, but at the (reasonable) price Avon charges for their polishes it would be worth buying if you're looking for a color like this. I don't normally have issues with wear using any polish brand (I use a "grabber" kind of basecoat, with a fast dry, shiny topcoat), and this one was no exception. Of all of Avon's products, I'm most continually impressed with their nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this color for my toes. It is really almost a crayon red so I am not sure where the 'tang' (as in, I assume, tangerine) comes from. I would certainly not call it an orange shade. Anyway, I like it regardless and it wears really well with top coat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this in the Avon catalog and it looked so pretty on the model I had to get it. When I first received it I was already a little surprised by how different it looked. When you put it on it's not bad, actually to me looks like a shade of red. But, as with all the other Avon n/p's I have tried they just don't last. I wear it for 1 or two days and it always ends up chipping off. I even put OPI base coat and top coat on them. I'm done with Avon. But this color ended up looking pretty decent I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by yortiz0529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never buy Avon nail polishes but last week I took the plunge and bought Tangtastic and some other nailpolishes. I am loving the color only did two coats and no top coat but it doesn't need a top coat!!!! It dried to a beautiful pigmented glossy finish & I am amazed! I dont think it will last too long without chipping but that is to be expected from me since I have natural nails and polish NEVER lasts very long on my nails but for now I am LOVING it! Also Tangtastic is a great summer color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

This is my first time trying the revamped Nailwear line: the bottles are now rectangular rather than oval-ly. Tangtastic is actually a pretty good match for the Netherlands' 2010 World Cup shirt, a vibrant, medium-deep orange-red that is reminiscent of traffic pylons. Glossy creme finish, good application and wear, overall I think this is a slight improvement on the older Nailwear formula, which seemed a little thinner (but I still think they were pretty good!). One lippie off on packaging quality, because even though the bottle looks really nice, the rectangular shape means it can tip over more easily if you are not careful. The brush is great, though, a definite improvement over the previous ones which were kind of dodgy. The shape is flattened for even coverage on the nail, but it isn't overly flappy (like the OPI ProWides) so polish doesn't get all over the place on small nail beds like mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A medium-deep orange-y coral. Applies beautifully smooth, covers completely in two coats (I usually do 3), dries medium glossy but I pump up the gloss with Oh So Wet qdtc layered over Revlon Colorstay. The brush is wider than China Glaze, not as wide as OPI, but still works really well for me.

No shrinkage with this np and tc combo, and after two days wear only very minor chipping. Paid $3 Canadian. I rated the bottle shape lower only because I roll my polishes to mix them instead of shaking and it's almost impossible to roll a square bottle.