September 2, 2014 | 1064 users online

Polishes - Avon - Nailwear Pro in Jade

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by demlooksxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful colour, dries quickly, and has great lasting power. Couldn't ask for more :) x

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this colour. Too bad it goes on terribly! Clumpy and chips easily. Super hard to apply it and make it look smooth. My lid broke as well after using it once

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great color, have to use at least two coats to get full color saturation but it's really pretty. I love Avon's squared bottles - so easy to hold.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Shiphrah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so happy to have found this polish colour, I've been looking for a light green for quite some time, and this one is absolutely perfect. It goes on very nicely with out any streaking, you do need a couple thin coats, but that isn't bad. Dry time seems fairly quick too. I will be getting this colour in particular again !! :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought on clearance for $1.99 so the price was great! The color is darker that a pastel mint but lighter than an emerald color. Has a hint of blue/teal when compared to a straight pastel mint. Jade is a very fitting name!

First coat went on streaky, it was a lighter coat, but then I did a heavy second coat and everything looked great! Cream finish, no shimmer, although I think a pearl finish would have been lovely, that's why I gave it four stars.

A fun summery color, definitely worth the clearance price!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by hc

brush wasnt great bristles werent long enough and square shape was kinda awkward in application. dont bother with a base coat i used wnw's and it made the nailpolish application a nightmare

EDIT: this polish is horrible. maybe mine is old i'm not sure but after the first coat the rest just went on gloopy and uneven. i tried 2 more times to see if maybe it was just a one off thing but no.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by boilerscuba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this NP. I own OPI Hey! Get in Lime and Fiercely Fiona NOPI My Life Saver and my own franken in the lime-light green categories, and the Avon is my favorites.

Color: Jade is not the color 'jade.' It's a 'creme de menthe/minty green.' It has a yellow tint to it, but I think it would look flattering on most people. For reference, I am a C4 in Mac F&B. Not replace-able by any means. I keep on returning to wear it. I own about 100 bottles of NP, so this should mean something.
Finish: Creme.
Opacity: 2 thin coats or 1 thick coat. (I don't recommend the thick coat)
Application: smooth and easy. Not streaky at all.
Drying time. This is what made me drop one lippie - while the dry time is not un-bearable, it does take a little longer than what I would like to put up with. This can be taken care of easily by using a quick dry TC.
Durability: so far 3 days and no chips! I believe my record so far was 5 days with no chips.
Removal: Easy, and does not stain. (can be a problem with blues and greens)

I will definitely repurchase this NP. Avon polishes regularly cost $5, but often go on sale. The other NP I own from them (Olive Green) is also fantastic, so these 2 polishes make me very willing to try their other ones. I'll try to take a pic on day 5 and post it later. :) Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by hautiehippie420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a little obsessed with mint polishes, I own two by Essie, a shade by Model's Own, and Revlon's "Minted." Having tried several, to all of you MUA'ers, this is a 2010 nail color must-have! And let me tell you why... :) I purchased this bottle for under $3 and it has delivered one of the best formulas I've used in nail color. Shiny, non-streaky, glop-free, quick to harden, and NO air bubbles. With Orly Bonder base coat, this color has lasted me almost a week before chippage. The formula is smooth and the color is cute! A creamy minty/jade green that is a bit on the darker end of the spectrum, but nonetheless a lovely "seafoam" green! I will forever recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Cellardoor367

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this and was expecting a shade very very similar to Essie mint candy apple but it is a little different, it's greener then Essie and a tad bit darker, but still a pastel for sure. I like this one because I feel like it could go from playful to serious with more ease than other pastels, and it would look amazing on tanned summery skin.

Cons: takes FOREVER to DRY! !
Took an hour for my nails to dry. Thats a REALLY LONG TIME!

Also, it was only sitting in my nail polish box for a month before it started to seperate. I have had this problem before with pastels, not sure if its the formula or the fact that is is a pastel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

This is a super cute pastel mint green that doesn't go on too pale, so it works with my NC30 skintone. The application is surprisingly decent for a pale pastel; I find those shades tend to be very problematic regardless of brand. One lippie off on packaging quality, because even though the bottle looks really nice, the rectangular shape means it can tip over more easily if you are not careful. The brush is great, though, a definite improvement over the older Nailwear ones which were kind of dodgy. The shape is flattened for even coverage on the nail, but it isn't overly flappy (like the OPI ProWides) so polish doesn't get all over the place on small nail beds like mine.