December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Shellac UV Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Radha8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG my two new loves, Makeupalley and Shellac!!!! Whenever I get my nails done with regular polish it last for 24 hours before my first chip and by the third day it looks horrible. I don't have the time or the money to paint my nails every day so I splurged and tried Shellac. Best decision I've ever made, I will never use normal nail polish again! I am so hard on my nails, always wash dishes by hand etc. and it's been almost 2 weeks and it looks like I got them done today!!! Best thing since sliced bread!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by giri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use shellac uv products over a year. I love it, its really stays on nail more than 10-14 days

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by redlipstickandstockings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE CND Shellac! I would never go back to regular nail polish after trying Shellac. It definitely lasts 14+ days with no chipping (and I am hard on my nails) and looks so shiny. I do my own Shellac and find it very easy to apply, as easy/easier than regular nail polish to apply. I don't use the CND UV lamp and it's not an issue, the one I use is 36wt with 4 bulbs, same as the CND lamp, only it cost me $30 on eBay versus the $300+ the CND lamp is. I also find Shellac easy to remove, I am either able to peel it straight off or if I can't, I soak my nails in alcohol for a few minutes and afterwards it is softened enough to peel off. I have only used the colour 'Red Baroness' as I pretty much only like red nail polishes. 'Red Baroness' is a really nice, strong red colour but at the same time not too in your face so is appropriate for all situations. Also a little goes a long way with Shellac, especially with the base & top coats. I've given myself at least 5 manicures with my bottles of Shellac and I still have plenty left.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Shellac!!! I would (and do!) recommend this to everyone! To do Shellac at home all you need are the polishes - base polish, colour, top polish (around $16 each for me on eBay and worth every cent), a 36wt 4 bulb UV lamp (mine was $30) and alcohol/acetone for wiping nails after top coat has been cured to get shine + later removal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by agusninfa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is amazing!!! i always had the same problem, my polish wouldnt last long enough, so my nails always were in a bad shape
with shellac my problem is solved! now i can have my polish on for 14. thanx shellac!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kickyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my second Shellac polish and no lie, it lasts BEAUTIFULLY for at least 14 days. My first polish was a French and it was as shiny after 14 days at it was on the 1st albeit grown out at the cuticle. I'm now wearing Negligee and it is gorgeous with slight shimmer and amazing shine. I'm on day 14 and no signs of lifting. If Shellac doesnt work for you, I'm convinced it will be the fault of your nail tech, not the product itself. If correctly applied, it will last.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by monikaxp

This is truly amazing! I wish there was a section for the Shellac system in general, as you need a minimum of 3 bottles - the base coat, color, and top coat - for the entire manicure. I got the French manicure, which required 4 bottles - above mentioned, and the white for the tips. After brushing on each layer of coat, the polish is uv cured for 2 minutes, before the next layer is applied. The day after I got my manicure done I had to do some extensive housecleaning. Even with traces of the housecleaning chemicals on my nails, and even after washing the dishes, my manicure was still perfect! Flawless! And, best of all, there were no dents from hitting my nails against objects, as traditional nail polish is easy to do. I ended up not going to my removal procedure two weeks later, instead I wanted to wait and see how long it lasted. At 17 days the paint was starting to chip slightly, not to mention the fact that the nails growing out and the white tips turning slightly yellowish made it look grungy. But it lasted two weeks beautifully! I would absolutely recommend this - costs $40 a pop for both application and removal. Incoco dry nail polish, while wonderful is not as lasting as the Shellac. Try it, you won't regret it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just got my first EVER Shellac mani. So far it is wearing well. Base coat applied thin and evenly.
You need to "light cure" this system.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by LADodd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome system! Super easy and it does truly lasts 14 days!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the base coat for the CND Shellac system.. one wipe and cure for 10 seconds.. EASY.. and does not SMELL! From the looks of it.. It will last a really long time because you only need a small swipe on each nail!