Smashbox Smashing Cream Eye Liner

Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Talc, Nylon 12, Silica, Kaolin (CI 77004), Microcrystalline Wax, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, BHT, Vegetable Oil, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)

on 1/2/2014 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have several Smashbox liners from kits and they all are about the same. I HATE the packaging. The rubber stuff on the outside coating becomes gummy and its awful. that aside, I don't think these liners are anything special and they aren't very creamy. They tug on the eye and don't stay well.
I would never purchase these on their own without a kit and I will not even purchase anything from Smashbox anymore period. I am underwhelmed by their products.

Whenever I splurge for Smashbox its with an absolutely amazing product or it sucks. And this product kinda sucks. Although this eyeliner is super creamy and can be applied so easily (even for people like me who are pretty terrible at eyeliner). However it smudges like crazy and worse, it transfers to your waterline and lower lash line in no time. I can't stand raccoon eyes. I only like a thin line on my upper lash line so i couldn't even imagine what id look like it I out it on my waterline. I really really wanted this product to work!!

on 11/2/2012 1:59:00 AM

I used to hate this product. I got it in a set with the gel liner (pretty decent, however the Essence Gel Eyeliner is still my HG and 1/3 of the price), the limitless eyeliner pencil (complete crap) and this cream eyeliner.

Every time I applied it with an angled eyeliner brush I found that it wasnt a true "black" and would smudge in the matter of minutes. So I ended up throwing it in the back of my makeup drawer filled with expensive crappy products I can't bear to throw out because of the amount of money I paid for them.

Regardless, I sort of rediscovered it the other day and decided to use it. I 'primed" my eyelids with Mac's Painterly (a generous amount), then used the 'Like Mink' Clinique duo and decided to line my eyes with this. First of all, I realized I need to use ALOT of product. I coated my brush and to my surprise it ended up coming out as a true matte black. The staying power was shocking, it actually stayed ALL DAY and looked fantastic. I got asked by a few co-workers what I had lined my eyes with.

My essence gel eyeliner is my HG product for my eyes at the moment at at $4 you can't go wrong, however it does have that "shine" effect which can sometimes come off to strong especially for day looks at the office etc.. The Smashbox Cream liner as long as you have a tough base on your eyelids comes off extremely matte, black and is fantastic for "natural" eye looks.

Ladies! Dont throw this product away, it is absolutely fantastic. Just play around with different bases and you will see how amazing it truly is!

on 10/14/2012 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Smashbox eyeliner. It always goes on nicely and hardly ever smears or runs.

on 9/23/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got the Smashbox cream eyeliner in one of their boxed specials
($60, along with other makeup items). Thank goodness, I did not pay full price for this! The application is not smooth at all and the colors are not pigmented. I was very shocked and disappointed with the quality of this cream eyeliner.

on 6/16/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sorry Smashbox...but this is product is cr*p. I doesn't apply smoothly, doesn't last for more than an hour, and is expensive. The only things that I like about this product are the colors and packaging. Otherwise not even free.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I found this product not to glide as well as shown on TV. I got the brown and it was hard to make both eyes evenly lined with the flat square eyeliner brush. The liner did not last through the day either. I works great on eyebrows though.

I have this in a duo in caviar and cameo (black and a redish brown), and i love it. Its REALLY pigmented, and incredibly smooth. I use a mini smashbox eyeliner brush to apply it, and I find that it is easier to apply and goes on darker then any other eyeliner i've tried. I did find that it smuged a bit, but i find that dusting my eyelids with foundation powder before i apply it, and then using a sponge to apply a bit more foundation along my lower lashline right under the eyeliner really helps make it last for ages. Both the colours are really nice, and i can also mix them together to get a darker brown, which gives me lots of options for different looks. The product also lasts for ages, in four years i've only ever owned two, but i wear it every day, and the first one i threw out while it was still half full, because im a germ-o-phobe and figured i should probably get a new one. Anyways, this is a GREAT product, so much easier to apply then pencil or liquid eyeliners, and it has the intesity of a liquid liner. I deffinatly recomend this!

on 8/13/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Everyone who says it smudges is right!

However, the brush is great and it is convenient for my gym locker.

on 5/27/2010 2:35:00 PM

I bought the Midnight Purple and am very disappointed with this eyeliner. The color is absolutely gorgeous but It does not go on smoothly. The eyeliner is not really creamy like Bobbi Brown it is, for lack of a better word, stiff. I will not be purchasing this again.

Top Rated Smashbox Products