October 21, 2014 | 1988 users online

Skincare - Face - Shea Moisture - Shea Butter Anti-Aging Moisturizer & Bump Preventer w/Vitamin E Face Cream

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I need to start by saying I HATE sunscreen in my daily moisturizer. HATE IT! I'm not trying to get a tan, but I already have a good facial sunscreen milk that doesn't cause ugly cysts, or break me out. And quite frankly, I just don't want sunscreen in my moisturizer. I wish cosmetic companies would just stop adding sunscreen to everything. I don't want it in my makeup, either. Every 4 or 5 months I go through a skin peeling phase. Just like a snake. It pretty much revolves around the change of seasons, but I live in Phoenix, and we really only have two seasons, hot and blazing hot. Anyway, I use Retin A .1%, and every so often I start peeling. Moisturizers w/sunscreen make the problem worse by making the flakes look more noticeable, making my skin ghostly white, and making my skin even drier. I was in Walmart, in the shaving aisle, and came across this little gem. It's marketed towards men, but I didn't care, because it doesn't have sunscreen in it. (Do men not need sunscreen? We might be on to something here, because almost all products marketed towards men don't have sunscreen in them, and sunscreen was invented by a man, too. Hmmmmmmm?) I looked on Makeup Alley for a review on this, and there wasn't one. I'm a junkie, so I bought it because it was only $8.00. This is an awesome facial moisturizer! I love it. It leaves my skin very soft. The dry skin and flakes were gone in two days, when it usually takes a week to 10 days. The package says 'Certified Organic Ingredients'. Ingredients: Shea Butter, Mango Oil, Deionized Water, Vegetable Glycerine, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Cascarilla Bark Extract, Jojoba Oil, Vegetable Squalene, Vitamin A, Alpha Bisabolol, Panthenol (vitamin B), Willow Bark Extract, Songyi Mushroom, Allantoin (Comfrey Root Extract), Vitamin E, Essential Oil Blend, Japanese Honeysuckle Extract. It says on the package that this comforts and heals the skin without clogging pores. It doesn't say it's non-comedogenic, though. I haven't had a problem with pimples, when using this, either. That says a lot because Neutrogena, and Aveeno's non-comedogenic products make me break out in big nasty cysts. It's the sunscreen. I do use Retin A, so I know when I'm having an allergic reaction to something, because my skin doesn't break out, anymore. No breakouts with this product. It also smells heavenly. Probably the mango oil. It's not a strong fruity smell, but a light fruity smell, that doesn't linger. It's more of a cream than a lotion,and it sinks right in to my skin. It does leave a slight waxy film. Just slight, but it makes my skin soft and supple. Makeup goes on without any problems, or pilling. This moisturizer doesn't rub off when you're putting on your makeup. The package says it evens complexion, and skin tone, and combats hyper-pigmentation. I can't comment on that because I have been using Retin A for 30 years, and I don't have discoloration issues. The packaging also says it reduces blemishes, bumps, and combats the signs of aging. Again, I don't know, but it's an excellent moisturizer, and for $8.00, it's a steal. It comes in a plastic bottle with a pump, and a cap, to cover the pump. No jar to stick your finger in, so the product stays clean. The packaging is basic, but effective. I cannot say that about most products on the market. You would think that cosmetics companies would stop with the jars, and use a tube, already! This is not tested on animals, which is good, because I don't understand why testing on animals is still common practice. I work for a cosmetics company, and we don't test on animals. This is an awesome product. I've paid 40 times more for moisturizers that don't deliver. This is a wonderful product that is marketed to men, and it's a nice (and cheap) product that women can appreciate, too, and it doesn't have sunscreen in it! Yippie!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No