October 1, 2014 | 1877 users online

Sunscreen - Bobbi Brown - Brightening SPF 50 UV Protective Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this sunscreen almost everyday for the last couple of months (Aug-Dec) and I think there's only about 20% left in the tube. I like this sunscreen very much, it doesn't sting and it absorbs real quick, leaving absolutely no white residue at all. I use a fair amount each time and it does leave a sheen but that's okay because it doesn't affect my foundation (my skin has been quite dehydrated these days).

I heard BB reformulated this sunscreen so maybe I'm getting the new one (it says manufactured in Apr 2012). I've already gotten a 2nd bottle. Its pricy though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by organic88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin is sensitive and I have been using Avene for years. However I want to try something new and I have picked up Bobbi brown among tons of product .I love the packaging and my friend recommended me to give a try. Unfortunately, it is pricey and even caused a rash as well as burning sensation on my skin. I was in the middle of the lesson and my face just turned red like a carrot.Luckily Avene thermal water spray and Avene suncreen saved my day. After few minutes applying Avene, my skin became normal again and I will definitely stick to Avene for my whole life, never come back to Bobbi brown brightening uv base again. I guess i m allergic to cetyl alcohol which is one of the listed ingredients of this product. I just want to warn those who have oily, sensitive or acne-prone skin ' better stay away from this product'

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by pinkypale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the sample and have tried this product a few days ago.
As before mentioning about this product, I have to tell you that I have very oily skin.

This product is really thick (feels like sticky sunscreen), it does make my face more oily than usual, even after applying powder, still feel oliy and really sticky.
It might be a great product for dry-very dry skin, but recomend that if you have oily skin , should skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I could give this product a 2.5. I think it will work well for other skins, but not for mine.

I was looking forward to trying this, because it's cheaper than my HG Clinique CX SPF 40 and the SPF is a bit higher (I'm trying to keep the melasma I have from getting worse). I thought a slightly lighter formula might be good for summer, and it claims to brighten the skin, too.

This comes in a 1.7 oz tube for $38. It's a rather thin, light fluid, although I find it did not leave a white cast on my skin. It doesn't have a strong sunscreen smell, but rather a cucumbery-chemical odor that's not unpleasant, just odd. It doesn't linger after application.

I found that this never felt as though it absorbed--my skin remained sticky/tacky to the touch until I removed it. Also, shortly after I applied it, my skin stung in places--no redness or irritation, but this strange stinging in odd spots, but not all over. Since there was no visible irritation I left it on, and the stinging subsided without any evidence of irritation.

Although this may work well for others, the tacky feeling and stinging were deal-breakers for me and I returned it. It's gotten raves on the BB website, however, so it may be worth a try.

The active ingredients are: homosalate, 5%; octisalate 5%; avobenzone 3%; and oxybenzone 3%. Other ingredients include dimethicone, caffeine, turmeric extract, and mulberry root extract.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No