LUSH Colour Supplement

3.8

Fresh Rose Petal Infusion (rosa damascena), Soya Oil (glycine soja), Titanium Dioxide, Rice Bran Oil (Oryza sativa), Stearic Acid, Talc, Gylcerine, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Colour 77491, Colour 77499, Colour 77492, Methylparaben, Propylparben.

on 4/26/2015 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a lot of broken capillaries right on the sides of my nose, which is bad because my nose hates any and all forms of concealer. Jackie Oates is honestly the first concealer-type product I have ever used that didn't flake and cake in the sides of my nose on contact. It doesn't hide everything but it does so much to even out my skin tone that it's become a HG product for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product as it is very hard to find tinted moisturizers and concealers that aren't loaded with a bunch of unnecessary cr*p. But this really disappointed me. If I used it over a moisturizer (and I tried several) it shifted around and separated. If I used it without, it left my skin chalky. So that eliminated its use as a concealer. As far as using it as a color supplement, I felt I had to use more of it than the moisturizer I was mixing it with to see any benefit from it whatsoever. I think part of my failure is I got it at The Mall Of Georgia and the store was hotter than h*ll and every product in there was separating, and the one I got was bad. I think for the price there are other cosmetics out there far better, and Lush should stick to just their soaps and original products.

on 3/4/2015 8:35:00 PM

I adore this product! At a time when my face just hated everything, (im talking like i could barely put moisteriser on it without a breakout) this stuff was a lifesaver!
I mixed it with the tiniest little bit of my cetaphil moisterising lotion and a tiny tiny bit of Lush's feeling younger tint and it worked out beautifully as a tinted moisteriser.
I had read alot of reviews and watch youtubers claim that it is full coverage if you put it on as is, unfortunately that wasnt the case at all for me. Light coverage at best. (it aint no double wear girls!) I found putting it on as it made it sink into my pores alot more, making them more visible, so I wasnt stoked.
It is a very tacky, shiny base so I would definitely recommend a translucent powder or normal powder over the top if you dont want it sliding. I believe Lush sell one but im yet to try!

Would I buy it again?
Yeah! Its a great tinted moisteriser, good for me when I go to the gym or play sport, or if im too lazy to put on makeup, quick mix, slather on, translucent over the top, done. Fantastic for people who have sensitive skin, acne prone skin or love a light coverage!

COLOUR: the colour range is limited, i feel like the colour i chose was right for me.
PACKAGING: i dislike the tubs so much. none of my makeup brushes fit in there and its messy and unhygienic for me.
COVERAGE: light. at best.
TEXTURE/CONSISTENCY: it's quite a thick mousse, but so light.
SMELL: it kinda smells like oats :)
PRICE: $15.50 - LUSH Australia

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and hates pretty much everything!
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

on 2/8/2015 11:39:00 PM

I am a true LUSHie, as several of my can't-live-without products are black and white pots- including this little wonder! The Colour Supplements are meant to do just that; supplement healthy skin. If you are used to having a full face of makeup become your norm, it may be time to change up your skin care routine (and I hope you find the perfect products for you!), but the Colour Supplements are a beautiful, mutable, perfectly pigmented and well-blended multi-tool. My favorite ways to use it are to mix with LUSH's Vanishing Cream on the back of my hand and apply it lightly with clean fingers, making a thicker application for under eyes/light scarring, and fully mixed for a tinted moisturizer. It's a great discreet little pot that can easily live in your purse for those emergency situations (like an unplanned sleepover), and if you have healthy skin that just needs the occasional touch up and concealment, the Colour Supplements will be a nice weapon in your arsenal. Make sure you ask one of the salespeople to help you match your Colour and to give you a free skin care consultation, or if you're up for it, a complimentary facial regiment, from cleansers to moisturizers to makeup. It's like a surprise trip to the spa! I think the price is just right, as daily use of this pot, along with other products, can last me 5-6 months. The base is incredibly gentle, but I have found will dry out slightly if you don't use up the pots by the recommended time (which is 14 months from date made), so best to treat yourself to a handmade, fresh cosmetic treat for your face, with soothing oatmeal and jojoba oils.

on 2/6/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this. I bought this with no expectations, but have been using it on a pretty regular basis. This has more pigmentation/coverage than I expected by far. I tend towards full coverage foundations due to melasma/spots/uneven skin tone, but have a hard time with full coverage products generally because of super-dry skin. I wouldn't call this product full-coverage, but it has a surprising amount of pigmentation considering it is not "technically" a foundation. I use it as a foundation, or as one would use a tinted moisturizer if one needed a lot more coverage. I have places on my face where I need considerable evening; broken capillaries on the sides of my nose and the front of my cheeks, on my chin and forehead and of course the front of my nose. This has a creamy, mousse like (but not dry) texture, it pats on nicely, don't rub if you want any coverage. This doesn't give 100% coverage, but it somehow makes the flaws I have blend in, even in; smooth out, it is surprisingly effective and happily dry skin friendly. Its kind of what I hoped IT Bye Bye Redness would be, while that product is far too dry. I'm very happily surprised and will stockpile this. Give it a chance if you have grevious skin flaws but are dry or don't like full-coverage foundations.

on 1/24/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I worked at LUSH for a while, and so I got to try a bunch of products from them at the time. We had a 50% off discount as employees, so the price for this ended up being around $9 CAD including tax, which was amazing. However, I wasn't impressed with the product at all. I have sensitive skin which breaks out from time to time. I knew that this product would be very light coverage, and it also contained no mineral oil, so I thought it wouldn't break me out. However, as I've come to discover through the use of a bunch of other products, my skin doesn't react very well to any of LUSH's facecare products, which really blows, 'cause I love everything about LUSH. This product barely made a difference in the way my skin looked, and it made a lousy base for the rest of my makeup. It goes on really nice and smooth, but after a couple of uses, it broke me out. I'd really recommend this for someone who doesn't have any reactions to the natural ingredients LUSH uses, as well as someone who has naturally great skin, as you could wear this product on alone just to give off a subtle glow.

I rated it a 3 though because oddly, I find it works amazing as a lip product. I really like mauve-y lip colors but don't have many, so I'll usually swipe a bit of Jackie Oates over a dark pink or red I have to change it to a mauve color, and it just makes my lips feel and look so hydrated and plump. I wouldn't repurchase, but it's good to know I can still make use of it!

I LOVE this ❤️ I apply a small amount with the Real Techniques buffing brush (amazing brush) and just buff it in. It literally takes about 30 seconds. Then, with a smaller concealer brush, I use it to conceal any blemishes. A great multi-use product. I am only 13, and technically not allowed to wear makeup to school. This gives me a gorgeous, glowing, My-skin-but-better look. No one ever notices that I wear foundation, but I do get a lot of compliments on my skin. First foundation I have ever owned, and I think it may be love 😍😍😍😍😍

on 12/17/2014 4:50:00 PM

This review is for Light Yellow. I'm a white girl on the pale side with yellow tones, and Light Yellow is a 100% perfect match for me.

I'll admit I was dubious about this product when I bought it, because it's so dang small, and I couldn't imagine I'd get more than a couple weeks' use out of it. But I'm happy to report that this will last me MONTHS, and I love it! You only need a tiny bit. It blends really well and doesn't oxidize--I've never had it turn orange or dark.

Now, there are cons; it's not perfect. First of all, it's a natural product and since it's not full of chemicals, it can tend to get shiny and sink into creases by the afternoon. I find that this effect can be mitigated with a light dusting of powder in the morning and some quick blotting late in the day. The other annoying thing about it is the packaging. You have to stick either your fingers or your foundation brush directly into the pot. Not too sanitary. I've taken to storing the little pot upside down in order to collect the product on the lid, and then the next morning I can dab my brush into the lid and it's basically just the right amount for my whole face. However, there are still germs being transferred, and I really wish they could find a way to stick this in a tube.

But back to the good stuff: I love how the color is buildable, and how well it sinks into my skin and looks natural. I also like mixing it with a touch of moisturizer (I use Skin's Shangri La) on the weekends when I don't want as much coverage and want to look "fresher". Applying it with the brush gets super even, perfect coverage; however, it also goes on pretty thick with a brush and definitely looks like makeup, so when I want a more natural look I just dab a few dots all over my face and rub it in with my fingers.

Best of all, there is no crap (and tons of awesome ingredients) in this foundation, so I've found I can even sleep in it with no ill effects. Skin doesn't break out or look dull. Great for those late nights when I can't be bothered to do my wash/tone/moisturize routine.

I will definitely repurchase this as long as they make it. Love it.

on 12/13/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this. I am glow-in-the-dark pale, especially in winter, and this is NOT yellow or orange on me. I usually use mineral powder foundation, but my skin is just getting too dry in the winter for powder alone, and this stuff is brilliant. Light-ish coverage, I dab on and blend with a flat powder brush, then add a small bit of mineral powder to set. The smell takes some getting used to (slightly sour and oat-y), but worth it. I have a spare stored in the fridge in case I run out. Also, I bought a small painter's mixing trowel and scopp out what I need, mixing with moisturizer on a homemade palette if needed. Less mess, more sanitary.

EDIT: Duh...should have noted this is for Jackie Oates color.

on 10/13/2014 9:29:00 PM

I have very sensitive, very pale skin. I'm always looking for the perfect match for my skin tone because usually I find the correct lightness but there's always a yellow undertone and I have more of a peach undertone so I never find a coverup I like. Plus everything I found was too cakey in the past. When I went into lush and found this product I immediately gravitated to the shade Jackie Oats, the lightest shade. The sales guy said he thought light pink was more my colour so we tried a small amount on each cheek and sure enough light pink was just slightly too dark. Jackie oats was perfect ! I bought it and a few weeks later tried it out for my graduation... At first I found it too thick by itself. It left cakey residue. But I took some of my cosmetic lad moisturizer and put that on top and it blended perfectly! It got rid of the redness in my face and even gave my skin a dewy glow. It looked healthy and felt so light and heavenly. This is perfect if you pair it with a moisturizer, otherwise you may find it too thick. It also comes with quite a bit because a little goes a long way, so I really don't think I will be finished this by the expiry date. My only bone to pick with this product is that there aren't many dark colours. I don't need it myself but it was impossible for my best friend to find her shade because everything was fair-medium toned. It would be nice if they had a more diverse set of tones.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

review : Colour Supplement foundation in dark yellow by LUSH by LifeThoughtsCamera

Top Rated LUSH Products