October 26, 2014 | 1633 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Okiidoke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very sensitive, very pale skin. I'm always looking for the perfect match for my skin tone because usually I find the correct lightness but there's always a yellow undertone and I have more of a peach undertone so I never find a coverup I like. Plus everything I found was too cakey in the past. When I went into lush and found this product I immediately gravitated to the shade Jackie Oats, the lightest shade. The sales guy said he thought light pink was more my colour so we tried a small amount on each cheek and sure enough light pink was just slightly too dark. Jackie oats was perfect ! I bought it and a few weeks later tried it out for my graduation... At first I found it too thick by itself. It left cakey residue. But I took some of my cosmetic lad moisturizer and put that on top and it blended perfectly! It got rid of the redness in my face and even gave my skin a dewy glow. It looked healthy and felt so light and heavenly. This is perfect if you pair it with a moisturizer, otherwise you may find it too thick. It also comes with quite a bit because a little goes a long way, so I really don't think I will be finished this by the expiry date. My only bone to pick with this product is that there aren't many dark colours. I don't need it myself but it was impossible for my best friend to find her shade because everything was fair-medium toned. It would be nice if they had a more diverse set of tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I went out and bought this because I had a LUSH card and I read the review a couple slots down that suggested it for pale, dehydrated, sensitive skin...and, as usual, MUA did not lead me astray! I'm a huge foundation junkie and I've tried everything under the sun that even remotely seems like it would work with my skin type, but I always shied away from Jackie Oates because I felt the staying power would not be ideal. However, it stays comfortable AND stays put for most of the day. Really, really pleasantly surprised.

Took off a lippie because it performs just absolutely horribly over my sunscreen, but I'm OK with that -- this isn't a full coverage product so I'm likely to use it on skin-relaxation days anyway when I give my face a sunscreen break. And that way I can have the nice soothing ingredients next to my skin. Multitasking!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Ladyhecate1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is surprisingly incredible. I went vegan around 8 months ago and I was looking everywhere for a foundation that was not only not tested on animals and completely vegan, but that actually worked, I tried a couple of "natural" foundations and they were all a big fat joke, and none of the higher coverage vegan cruelty free foundations were what anyone would call good for your skin. then I found Lush's colour supplement, I thought I had hit the jackpot, unfortunately my skin colour is too light for any of the vegan colour supplements and the only one available in my skin shade was Jackie Oates, the ONLY colour supplement that wasn't vegan due to it containing lanolin -,- just my luck. I quarreled with myself for a week or so over this, because I really like Lush and everything they stand for and I wanted so badly to try this, from what I had read it seemed like a much more nourishing and natural skin foundation than typical chemically infused foundation and tinted moisturiser blends, while still providing good coverage, being the crunchy gal I am, this was truly torture. I decided to go ahead and buy it anyway, despite the lanolin in the product, I'd rather give my money to a company like Lush over say Nars *cough shiseido cough*, Mac or even The Body Shop *cough L'oreal, and I'm very very glad I did. This stuff is the best, and being a more naturally derived product I shamefully admit I was expecting it to suck a**. WRONG. It sits on my skin better than any other foundation or tinted moisturiser I have ever used, it lasts ALL day when I use with concealer and powder without budging ONCE. Applying this over moist skin without concealer or powder and it perfectly melts into my face, I apply with my fingers and rubbing it in like it's moisturiser works best I've found, and when it's all rubbed in it just looks like it's my skin, but better. I've never had much luck with tinted moisturizers, and most foundations wreak havoc on my sensitive skin, but this stuff is AMAZEBALLS. I don't have to use primer, just a bit of coconut oil on my clean face and VOILA, china doll skin. I love this stuff, I'm really hoping Lush can reformulate this without the lanolin while still keeping the same quality, for me that is the only con.

EDT: After researching toxic chemicals in skin care and makeup products I was forced to face the reality that was reading the ingredients list on my makeup products, as it turns out Lush's "natural" motto, isn't so natural after all, I have news for you Lush, adding beetroot, carrot juice and oats to your creations does not dismiss the hazards from the multiple chemicals you add and it definitely does not a natural product make! This skin supplement contains parabens, PARABENS! (methylparaben and propylparaben to be exact) which are absorbed by the skin, causing endocrine disruption and have been found in biopsies in breast tumors. No. thank. you. Their Veganise conditioner also contains Sulfates and silicones, so much for natural. Your best off DIY'ing. Very very disappointing. I give this 3 stars because while it does work very well, it's a complete lie in advertising. There are many other foundations and tinted moisturisers on the market that are cruelty free and actually made from naturally derived ingredients. (and are paraben free). I'll be looking into those instead. Bubye Lush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by PureSimple

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, pale, mature skin. I can't wear silicone or SPFs so my range of choices for tinted moisturizer is pretty narrow.

Lush Jackie Oats appealed to me because of the ingredients and the perfect match shade for my skin. I have found it to be a bit too oily for Summer weather in VA. I can use it on my dry areas for a light conceal, but my nose and chin shine quickly even with translucent powder.

However in the Winter it is my go-to quick product to get me out the door when I don't have time to do full make up. Jackie Oats makes my skin feel and look hydrated and has just enough color to even out my skin tone. One tip, I have learned that the product dries out and when it dries out it makes a great concealer. I put a tiny amount in a smaller container and use it for concealing around my nose year around. I have drier skin there and it works nicely to conceal and not be flakey.

If you have pale, sensitive skin and find yourself parched in the winter months give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by nicolarob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVELOVELOVE this! Was tired of putting stinky, weird chemicals on my face everyday, so I wanted something more natural for day-to-day wear. Mix it with moisturiser/a light sunscreen for a light coverage, or I use it straight as an undereye concealer. It looks SO natural! I look like I'm wearing nothing and just have naturally wonderful skin! It also feels like i have nothing on, which is really important to me as I hate feeling like I've caked on makeup. Not bad on price, the tub is a bit small, but a little goes a loooooonngggg way.

Overall, very, very happy and will 100% buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Natitashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not impressed with this at all.. I've tried to like it but it just doesn't have enough colour for me and i find that it just looks patchy and dry even though its a tinted moisturiser kind of thing. I would not buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by KiddieLitre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not too sure about this product.

I have sensitive/combination skin with HUGE pores on my cheeks and nose and this stuff just seems to sink right into them :( I really wanted to like this.
I bought it in Jackie Oates and Light yellow. The Light Yellow seems to be a little worse at showing the bad texture of my skin/seeping into pores as it has a different formulation than the Oates.

I'm going to lay off and try again when my skin is in better condition.

For now, 2/5 lippies! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with this product. I have extremely sensitive combo skin and it's hard for me to find a foundation that is gentle and more on the natural side. I stopped into Lush to try it out and am pleasantly surprised! I always get some shine in my T-zone during the day but I just blot and I'm all set. The color stays on well during the day and is a nice medium coverage. Way to go, Lush! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually hunt for the best concealers cos of my terrible dark eye circles. A friend told me about this product so I gave it a try. At first, I didn't know how to work myself around it as I find the consistency too watery. But I've played with this around with other makeup and I think I might just have found something that works for me. I wear this on top of my bb cream and dust it with translucent setting powder and it gave such a beautiful, natural finish, almost like you're not wearing any concealer but with excellent coverage. It definitely made my eyes look more awake and it's not patchy or dry. And I've used concealers such as MAC Studio Finish, Benefit's Boing and YSL Touche Eclat to name a few and I think this one gave the most natural coverage. I use Dark Yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by michellejiang19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have to mix this foundation with an oil based or any lush moisturizer for it to work because this color supplement is oil based. I have dry skin with moderate acne since I'm a teenager. This foundation is my everyday foundation next to my Tarte Amazonian Airbrush Foundation. Weirdly enough, the finish of both of these foundations are basically the same, except the Lush color supplement just has less coverage ... But this can be changed by decreasing the ratio of color supplement to moisturizer. It takes a while to establish a good color supplement to moisturizer proportion, so just play around with it for a week. Once you get it right, and don't worry because you'll get it right fairly quickly, the foundation is incredible. This foundation lasts me almost a whole school day (6 am - 3 pm). I have dry skin so I don't bother setting this with a powder. The finish is a glowy satin finish with a "my skin but healthier" effect.
When you begin applying this (I use my fingers because my brushes soak up too much of the product since you do mix this with moisturizer), it seems like it's not covering anything. It seems like you're just blending moisturizer in. When you finish blending this into your whole face, let it settle for a minute or two and you will see the difference. I have moderate acne on my forehead and redness around my nose. The area around my mouth is quite dull and I have slight dark circles. Besides a few pimples and freckles, this foundation covers everything. I usually go over the pimples with a little concealer, or I just let it be since it looks fine as is.
This foundation doesn't rub off color ... But something rubs off. It's as if the color pigment sticks to your skin while the moisture from your lotion sticks around. It has a slightly herbal smell, but it depends on the batch you get. When I tried this on in the store, the smell was overwhelming, but the one I bought was fine and went away after an hour or two.
Like stated before, I use this foundation as my every day foundation next to my Tarte mineral foundation because of the ingredients in it and how well it works on my skin. The ingredients are SO much better than the ingredients in almost any other foundation you pick up. I hate wearing foundation because I feel like it would suffocate my skin and with extended wear, it would cause damage to my skin, but I have to wear something because of the state my skin is in (perks of being a teenager). I've done my research on each ingredient listed on the lush eve site for this foundation. The ones that concern me are titanium dioxide (but I'm pretty sure the concentration for this isn't up there), talc, triethanolamine (again, low enough in concentration so that it's safe to use), iron oxide, methylparaben, and propylparaben. Yes, the last two are parabens, so this does contain parabens. And the only reason they're in here is to act as a preservative. The fact that this foundation still has an expiration date means that obviously, these preservatives aren't doing THAT great of a job ... So why include it? Anyway, most cosmetics contain these two ingredients and much worse.
But, the pros do outweigh the cons, so I will ignore the discrepancies in the ingredients list.