September 23, 2014 | 890 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by PureSimple

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, pale, mature skin. I can't wear silicone or SPFs so my range of choices for tinted moisturizer is pretty narrow.

Lush Jackie Oats appealed to me because of the ingredients and the perfect match shade for my skin. I have found it to be a bit too oily for Summer weather in VA. I can use it on my dry areas for a light conceal, but my nose and chin shine quickly even with translucent powder.

However in the Winter it is my go-to quick product to get me out the door when I don't have time to do full make up. Jackie Oats makes my skin feel and look hydrated and has just enough color to even out my skin tone. One tip, I have learned that the product dries out and when it dries out it makes a great concealer. I put a tiny amount in a smaller container and use it for concealing around my nose year around. I have drier skin there and it works nicely to conceal and not be flakey.

If you have pale, sensitive skin and find yourself parched in the winter months give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by nicolarob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVELOVELOVE this! Was tired of putting stinky, weird chemicals on my face everyday, so I wanted something more natural for day-to-day wear. Mix it with moisturiser/a light sunscreen for a light coverage, or I use it straight as an undereye concealer. It looks SO natural! I look like I'm wearing nothing and just have naturally wonderful skin! It also feels like i have nothing on, which is really important to me as I hate feeling like I've caked on makeup. Not bad on price, the tub is a bit small, but a little goes a loooooonngggg way.

Overall, very, very happy and will 100% buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Natitashii

I bought this to try it and i'm not too impressed by it, i find its quite greasy and i know its a tinted moisturiser i don't find that it has enough colour for me. I might change my mind if i use it more.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by KiddieLitre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not too sure about this product.

I have sensitive/combination skin with HUGE pores on my cheeks and nose and this stuff just seems to sink right into them :( I really wanted to like this.
I bought it in Jackie Oates and Light yellow. The Light Yellow seems to be a little worse at showing the bad texture of my skin/seeping into pores as it has a different formulation than the Oates.

I'm going to lay off and try again when my skin is in better condition.

For now, 2/5 lippies! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with this product. I have extremely sensitive combo skin and it's hard for me to find a foundation that is gentle and more on the natural side. I stopped into Lush to try it out and am pleasantly surprised! I always get some shine in my T-zone during the day but I just blot and I'm all set. The color stays on well during the day and is a nice medium coverage. Way to go, Lush! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually hunt for the best concealers cos of my terrible dark eye circles. A friend told me about this product so I gave it a try. At first, I didn't know how to work myself around it as I find the consistency too watery. But I've played with this around with other makeup and I think I might just have found something that works for me. I wear this on top of my bb cream and dust it with translucent setting powder and it gave such a beautiful, natural finish, almost like you're not wearing any concealer but with excellent coverage. It definitely made my eyes look more awake and it's not patchy or dry. And I've used concealers such as MAC Studio Finish, Benefit's Boing and YSL Touche Eclat to name a few and I think this one gave the most natural coverage. I use Dark Yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by michellejiang19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have to mix this foundation with an oil based or any lush moisturizer for it to work because this color supplement is oil based. I have dry skin with moderate acne since I'm a teenager. This foundation is my everyday foundation next to my Tarte Amazonian Airbrush Foundation. Weirdly enough, the finish of both of these foundations are basically the same, except the Lush color supplement just has less coverage ... But this can be changed by decreasing the ratio of color supplement to moisturizer. It takes a while to establish a good color supplement to moisturizer proportion, so just play around with it for a week. Once you get it right, and don't worry because you'll get it right fairly quickly, the foundation is incredible. This foundation lasts me almost a whole school day (6 am - 3 pm). I have dry skin so I don't bother setting this with a powder. The finish is a glowy satin finish with a "my skin but healthier" effect.
When you begin applying this (I use my fingers because my brushes soak up too much of the product since you do mix this with moisturizer), it seems like it's not covering anything. It seems like you're just blending moisturizer in. When you finish blending this into your whole face, let it settle for a minute or two and you will see the difference. I have moderate acne on my forehead and redness around my nose. The area around my mouth is quite dull and I have slight dark circles. Besides a few pimples and freckles, this foundation covers everything. I usually go over the pimples with a little concealer, or I just let it be since it looks fine as is.
This foundation doesn't rub off color ... But something rubs off. It's as if the color pigment sticks to your skin while the moisture from your lotion sticks around. It has a slightly herbal smell, but it depends on the batch you get. When I tried this on in the store, the smell was overwhelming, but the one I bought was fine and went away after an hour or two.
Like stated before, I use this foundation as my every day foundation next to my Tarte mineral foundation because of the ingredients in it and how well it works on my skin. The ingredients are SO much better than the ingredients in almost any other foundation you pick up. I hate wearing foundation because I feel like it would suffocate my skin and with extended wear, it would cause damage to my skin, but I have to wear something because of the state my skin is in (perks of being a teenager). I've done my research on each ingredient listed on the lush eve site for this foundation. The ones that concern me are titanium dioxide (but I'm pretty sure the concentration for this isn't up there), talc, triethanolamine (again, low enough in concentration so that it's safe to use), iron oxide, methylparaben, and propylparaben. Yes, the last two are parabens, so this does contain parabens. And the only reason they're in here is to act as a preservative. The fact that this foundation still has an expiration date means that obviously, these preservatives aren't doing THAT great of a job ... So why include it? Anyway, most cosmetics contain these two ingredients and much worse.
But, the pros do outweigh the cons, so I will ignore the discrepancies in the ingredients list.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by BangaloreBengaluru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You can check out my video review of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

No coverage at all. This is pretty much a "why bother" foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Easy to blend
-Lasts all day without a primer (on face, not undereyes)
-Very gentle, non-comedogenic ingredients
-Natural, aside from a few parabens
-Airbrushed look when applied with a flat-top brush
-Very light on the skin, feels almost like nothing is there
-Buildable coverage
-Very natural, skin-looking finish
-Does not oxidize
-No weird or harsh scent
-Inexpensive compared to higher-end products you'd find at Sephora
-A little product goes a long way
-Fast shipping from LUSH

CONS:
-Limited color range
-Tub packaging
-Doesnít cover under eyes very well

BOTTOM LINE:
I would repurchase. I have been using this in Dark Yellow for over a week non-stop and Iím very pleased. For the first several days I wore this alone, on top of moisturizer, without any additional concealer or foundation. It covered well, but by mid-day I would notice that my under eye area was dark and I looked tired. Not a good look. So the next several days I used this product the same exact way but added in my beloved MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NC30; Iím usually a NC35 in MAC foundations but for concealer I go a shade lighter) and my tired eyes disappeared.

When I apply this, I typically moisturize first and then use my finger to grab some of the product from the pot. I donít need to dig my finger inójust lightly tap the product and then dot onto my face. Then, I use my ELF flat top brush to stipple it on and then blend. After applying, I add my MUFE HD Blush, use some brow powder, curl my lashes and apply a coat of mascara and Iím off to work.

I absolutely love the naturalness of this product. It literally feels like Iím not wearing anything on the skin and the finish is brilliant. It looks like my skin, not a bunch of foundation. It does a fabulous job covering up redness and acne spots and has not caused any breakouts to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. Also, I feel great knowing that I havenít just applied a chemical shit storm on my face :)