Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color - Snappy Sorbet Creme #30

3.6

on 2/23/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color of this nail polish itself is very pretty actually. It is like a creamy coral color, will totally be great for summer. However, the application is seriously horrible! I also have SH Insta Dri nail polish in Slick Slate and I had no problem with it at all. But with Snappy Sorbet, the formula is just THICK. It is extremely hard to work on. 1 coat is not enough, 2 coat is just hard to blend nicely and will most likely make it all over. I ended up had to wipe it off few times to get it right. Overall, I love the color, but it is just too much pain in the butt on the application. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 7/15/2013 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this nail polish. I bought it last night at Walmart for around $3.50 (Canadian) because I had never seen a color like this. I love coral, and the thing I liked about this one was that is was more on the orange side. I had never tried Sally Hansen Insta-Dri but it sounded like something I would definitely like. And let me tell you, when it says insta-dri, they aren't lying. This nail polish dried so quickly on my nails and didn't feel gummy. I put it on and within minutes I was able to wash the dishes without worry! I was worried about the formula because I was reading these reviews, but mine was perfectly fine. It went on very nicely. I found the thickness to be similar to OPI, and I really only needed one coat. I will have to wait and see how long this lasts on my nails, but I don't care because this color looks fantastic with my skin tone and dries super quickly!
Definitely will be buying more of these nail polishes in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this nail polish in my quest for a nice summer coral mani and pedi. I have other insta dri polishes that I love so I figured I couldn't go wrong with this one and that I would love it. Plus it was under $5 at my drugstore so even the price was right! Unfortunately, I hate this nail polish and plan to give it away in an upcoming nail polish swap with my friends.

The formula is so thick and goopy and application was a complete nightmare. I usually like the flat brushes but polish kept running down onto the bristles and laying more onto my nail flooding my cuticles with nail polish. I did another coat for safe measure and the colour just didn't transfer the same as it was in the bottle. It was way more orange than I was looking for...almost neon. My nails did dry very fast and were totally set in under 30 minutes with a top coat. But as I was getting ready the next morning I looked down at my nails and 3 of my nails were chipped - not even 12 hours after application. I didn't have time to touch up but by the time I got home from work my manicure was ruined. So this stuff doesn't last at all. I get a week or more out of polishes like OPI and Essie and even some other Sally Hansen products!

I would definitely not repurchase nor recommend it to my friends. It seems like everyone loves this but it didn't work for me.

on 5/20/2013 10:26:00 AM

The main reason I'd buy this polish again is the color. It is a creamy florescent coral on my nails, and I just love it! It's been hard to find a shade like this that isn't too orange-based (makes my hands look dirty). Like the other polishes in this line, the formula is extremely thick. I think this one was perhaps a bit thicker than some of the others I have, maybe because of the addition of the very subtle shimmer (which hardly shows up on my nails - a good thing). I used two coats and it took longer to dry than the other polishes in this line I've used because the coats were so thick, but on the plus side, all the streaky inconsistent lines evened themselves out during the drying time.

on 3/20/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The only reason I will repurchase this is because of the color--it's a lovely juicy peach-orange with subtle silver shimmer (emphasis on subtle--the shimmer doesn't even translate on my nails). However, with the wide brush and thick formula, application is a bit tricky. I'd recommend some polish thinner for this guy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this color! I am somewhat fair skinned, as I do not faux tan in the winter, and it still looks great! I do have an issue as to the thickness of the formula, but I add a few drops of Orly Nail Laquer Thinner and it's 100% better. Definately need 2 coats, as the first one lays on uneven with lines. Other than that, I love it.

on 7/26/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favoprite color from the inst-dri line so far. The brush is wide and flat but it helps with super quick application and cuts down on streaks and dries pretty quickly. It's very bright and bold like a melon coral color. I love it on my tan skin and great a fun for summer!! I have got compliments on this one!! Anyone with tan or darker skin this would look very pretty on I would say.This is my fav for this summer!!

on 5/27/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It chips very easily and it needs two coats, it doesn't have much shine or a pearl finishing although it looks it will have by the color in the bottle. I also think this would look better on tanned skins than in my fair skin.

no my favorite color. definitely dries fast which i liked. will try a different color from this collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE the color snappy sorbet! It looks perfect on fair skin. I know a lot of people don't like the formula and the brush, but I think the brush is genius! My cuticles are round, not square, and it's perfect for people who love lots of color. The formula needs a few tweaks though, maybe the polish should be a bit thinner and not chip so easily.

Popular Polishes