November 28, 2014 | 1933 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Rohto- "Cool" Redness Reliever/Lubricant Eye Drops

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hopeless allergy sufferer here, especially when it comes to my eyes. Red, scratchy, itchy and just blah. Picked this up from CVS, even though I hesitated because it was pretty much something I didnt *really* need, but glad I got it anyway. I got the Rhoto "Ice" and much to my delight, there was a little sample of "Cool" in the box as well, haven't tried that yet, just chucked it into my purse for on the go. For $6.50 you'd think it'd be bigger, 0.4 fl oz and that's it. Yeah. I did like that it has a snap on cap, quite convinient. Anyway, one of the main ingredients in it is menthol, so I braced myself for stinging and burning impact. Uh, nothing. Refreshing, but no burning. Of course, I think my going to the opthamologist for some eye trouble I had lately and all the dialation solution my eyes got, they basically said "b--ch, please" to this stuff. However, after I let it soak in, my sight got clearer, and my eyes less gritty and achy. I then went to look in the bathroom mirror and my eyeballs were nice and white! That hardly happens to me with allergies, I think I love this stuff! Visine, you got competetion, this is a definite re-buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I love the feeling of this! Some may find it to be uncomfortable but I need it to wake up. Lol. I use it every morning before I apply my makeup. I also have the redness one if my eyes are red. It's just refreshing and it must be a mental thing but I feel like it helps me be fresh for my day. Strange, yes. But try it. You will either love it or hate it. But if you love it, your eyes will thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of those "get the red out" drops. What makes it different from your typical visine or clear eyes is the menthol. YES, MENTHOL. It gives your eyes a shot of "cooling sensation" which is immediately rendered as painful but after a few seconds really ends up being soothing. I wear contact lenses and have severe dry eye, so I need a dry eye drop. I use the cool version (which has the redness reliever) only as needed and prefer the Hydra (white cap) version for more of a lubricating effect since I can use it more often.

This is one of those those things that will make your eyes look super white if you got no sleep or are super hungover. It's NOT MEANT to be used all the time, since it will cause your eyes to "get used to it" and will cause rebound redness over time. This is coming to you from a future eye doctor. I'm constantly having my eyes dilated from being in med school so this exacerbates the problem of dry/red eyes. The Cool (green cap) does the trick. Ice (blue) is the next step up and is more intense. I have not tried Arctic (silver cap). Ice is enough for me and I don't need anything more intense, but it does exist.

I can apply the green and hydra ones without ruining my makeup (not a LOT of reflex tearing) but Ice makes me tear up something fierce, so I keep those by my makeup and only use them early in the AM when I haven't slept and it's obvious. I bought mine on drugstore.com and I will totally continue to repurchase.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by JWhitcomb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

GAH!

If you want me to confess to something, even if I didn't do it, tie me to a chair and drop this evil stuff into my eyes.

I'm an older (over 55) man with eyes that get dry and red from computer work. These drops were highly touted on Amazon.com, so I bought a bottle. Do you remember Gilda Radner's character, Roseanne Rosannadanna, from Saturday Night Live? Well, I put a drop of this Liquid from Hell in each eye and I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE! The burn was powerful and long lasting enough that I was convinced that I had done myself some irrevocable ocular damage. When the pain abated, my eyes had stopped tearing and I could open them long enough to be able to see, I threw these drops out.

Who in their right mind would knowingly put menthol in their precious eyes on a regular basis?!?!?!?!?!?!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Best eyedrop applicator tip ever. I buy this when it's on sale at Walgreen's so it's not outlandishly expensive. It burns a little bit for a few seconds and makes my eyes a little red at first- but then quickly clears up and makes me look very bushy-tailed! It's like an espresso followed by a strong breath freshener for your eyes.
You might ask yourself: "Why would I use something that seems like it could be painful?" The answer is: because once the initial irritation wears off my sclera are white, bright, and almost blue-white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are the only eye drops that really soothe my eyes when they get irritated from contacts or allergies. The price is a little steep for eye drops, but the results are worth it. Even though you really only need one drop per eye, at first it can sting a little.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives a cooling and refreshing feel to my eyes when they become dry and red due to lack of sleep or from spending too much time glaring into the computer. Yes, your eyes will feel like they are burning during the initial drops into the eyes (after all, the product contains menthol), but it eventually subsides and the whites of your eyes become noticeably brighter. This is not for everyone and I would caution about using it everyday. My eyes get naturally dry which is why I had to stop wearing contacts. It became too much of a hassle to keep applying lubricating drops throughout the day and buying eye contact solutions geared towards my condition began to add up every month For the overall health of my eyes, I take Udo's oil three times a week to help aid and after a couple of months I notice a big difference. However, these drops give instant, but temporary relief for when I need it and I will sometimes catch my husband using it even though he complains that it burns lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Toke much? Lol. These are the best. Always got one on hand ;)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MelissaArnold

I love this brand of eye drops, the cool are probably the mildest in the product line, they also have ice and artic the strongest. They are so refreshing

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by rlsadc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, I will preface this by saying that I do have a condition that causes my eyes to be very dry. I have had tear duct plugs placed to help with that. That being said, I have used many eye drops, both prescription and non, in my lifetime. My eyes tend to get pretty red too, so I really need two things. To reduce redness, and also provide some lasting hydration as well.

I use these for the redness. They do have menthol in them, and they do burn when you first put them in. I have very sensitive eyes, and there has never been a single time that these didn't sting just a little. I prefer that sting than the red eye though. It goes away pretty quickly though. I love the cooling effect, and the redness stays away for awhile.

For the lubricating drops I use the hydra version of these drops. They are a little pricey, but Walmart has the most options for the best price. I put these in first, then the hydra drops. Once in the AM and once in the PM.