July 31, 2014 | 1930 users online

Lip Treatments - Banana Boat - Sunscreen Lip Balm SPF 45 w/Aloe Vera and Vit E

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a tube of this stuff because it is one of the protective lip balms recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation. I need to protect my lips, especially in the summer, because I end up with big, nasty blisters if I don't use the right thing. A drugstore product that I used to love to use with an SPF 15 was discontinued but probably a good thing because in the summer, it just doesn't protect my lips enough.

I just tried it on this morning, because I plan to use it under my lipstick now. It has that awkward edge around it, since it is brand new, so, that will wear down in time, but it wasn't hurtful. It went on easily and was smooth.

The one thing I wasn't expecting was that it has a slight sweet taste to it. I now wish I had gone ahead and bought the Walgreen's brand (which was also on the Foundation's list) because it was $1.99 for a package of two vs. Banana Boat $1.99 for one. The only reason I didn't buy the Walgreens was that it said tropical flavored. Well, Banana Boat didn't give me any warning that it was flavored. i kind of like to use a protective lip balm with no flavor. So, I'll probably try a different one next time. I mean, it's not overwhelming but it would have been nice to have been able to make a better purchase decision. I don't mind spend extra on a good product for my face or lips, but a little disclosure about the flavor would have been nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBegoun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by beautyarcade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this lip balm because of the high UVA protection it provides. While I might wear this for a day at the beach, I wouldn't use it as an everyday lip balm. It feels moisturizing at first, but a couple hours later my lips feel drier than before applying it. It has a waxy feel and non-shiny finish. To me it smells a little like blueberry bagels and has a slightly sweet taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found this at my local Zellers for $1.99 CAD, and I'm glad I did. For SPF 45 in a lip balm, nothing beats this. I'm happy that it doesn't leave a freakish white cast, and is pretty moisturizing. In terms of moisture, I haven't found anything as good as my Lip Smackers, but this will do just fine in the mean time. It smells pretty good as well. I just started mine, and it's a little chunky, but hopefully it will smooth itself out. Pretty darn good, although I'm dreaming of the day that Lip Smackers sells their SPF lip balm in Canada, sigh... If I happen to find this again, and unless I find something amazing, I will buy this again. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by simei89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good lip balm. It makes my lips super smooth and moisturised. Has a sweet scent and UV protection. However i find the content to be a tad thick (not greasy, but thick which makes my lips feel somewhat over-coated by this product). Overall, great product.

Would i repurchase this? Probably not because i'm loving my Palmer's Dark Chocolate and Cherry Lip Butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by barbiepinkaudi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Makes my lips feel soft and hydrated. Only problem is that it has an addictively sweet taste, but I guess the menfolk may like that. Has a high SPF rate for a lip balm, which is why I purchased the product in the first place, since I have a family history of skin cancer. I am so glad I found this product at Target. Very accessible and can find it anywhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great lip balm with SPF 45 for the summer time. Moisturizing, but not greasy. No white cast left on lips. Last is a bit sweet, would prefer no taste, but not at all disagreeable. Under $2us. I found mine at Target, ***EDIT: The taste was too sickeningly sweet for me. Gave it to my neice.