September 17, 2014 | 966 users online

Blush - MAC - Salsarose

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jo1576

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolutely gorgeous blush, but...NYX powder blush in Red is an exact dupe of this. I own both and there is NO difference between the two. They are the exact same color and have the same finish. If you've been coveting Salsarose but don't want to spend the $$, try the NYX blush, it's like $5 at Ulta or the NYX website.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Smurfette123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! It is this great coral peach color. There is enough pigmentation that it even shows up on my skin with minimal effort. It is one of my favroite and def an easy daily blush choice!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first few times I used this blush, I wondered why I bought something that made me look like I had been sunburnt. So I went back to MAC and one of my usual MA showed me how to apply the blush properly. She used the 129 brush but I use the ecotools blush brush which is very similar and gives the same effect. I dip the brush into the blush, then on the lid of the container, I brush off the excess then apply softly to my cheeks with a sweeping motion. This is a good method for very pigmented blush and makes it easier to control amount of pigment going on your cheeks.

So back to the product, I definitely love this blush, it's a beautiful reddish coral and it gives me a healthy flush. It is a darker version of Fleur Power, so if you are medium to dark, I recommend Salsarose, and Fleur Power to lighter skin tones. For reference, I am NC25.

I will definitely check out the other MAC PRO blushes now. If I lost or broke this, I would repurchase, but I don't think I will run out of such a pigmented blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

Wow this blush has serious pigmentation!!! The color is a vivid rosey coral. Exactly what I picture when I hear the name, Salsarose. I really wanted to love this product and although it's crazy pigmented I just find it's way too similar to others I have when it's blended out. On my cheeks it resembles colors like Nars amour, Mac fleur power. It is a tad more rosey on me than coral but if I wore this today(which I did) and fleur power or amour the next, no one would know the difference. It does give a nice rosey glow to the face and blends out beautifully. It can look over the top if applied wrong. I did not take away any lippies, but I would not repurchase. If I did not own the others I mentioned then yes I'd buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mijo2u

this color is very intense, i looks like a very bright coral pink color. it is very warm so i would say maybe the base is orange rather than red. its truley a beautiful color, it is a satin finish. this is a pro color and ive been waiting to write a review on it. i would highly recommed checking this color out at a pro mac store near you. it is very unique compared to macs permenant colors. the reason why i give it an overall score of a 4 than a 5 is because it can sometimes make u look to over board with blush. however done good and lightly you get an instant glow with the warm undertones in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a pro blush -- and the color, although it's name is Salsarose is actually a rosy coral with a gorgeous satin finish.

I have been going thru my blushes and classifying them and this is one of the great standouts for the season.

I used a pic from Karlasugar, who has the best arm swatches on this planet, which show the difference between Salsarose, Peachykeen, Sprinsheen, Fleur Power and Frankly Scarlet -- all have a warm base and will be lovely for the spring/summer colors.