September 22, 2014 | 1003 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cover FX - Cover FX Skinprep FX Nourishing Foundation Primer & Anti-Aging Serum

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is the new hybrid of silicone primer that claims to have more bells & whistles to "nourish" your skin ..... (skin is nourished by our blood system, no superficial substance can do that), but no worry, lots of people will believe that anyway.

Personally, on my dry skin, I still don't like it, unless I have a lot of time beforehand to let the primer to dry (otherwise the so called absorbed) on the skin; but who have the time in the morning. I rather prefer using a moisturizer and a regular silicone primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Terri0324

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Kills MAC for staying power & radiance. In the past, I used Mac Radiance primer & it was my favorite. But I love the Cover Fx skin-prep. This primer makes my foundation last all day. I have combination skin, very oily chin & nose usually my foundation breaks up on my chin when I use MAC but not with Cover Fx. I have ordered the small hourglass primer & want to see how they compare. Cover Fx needs more Youtube love because it's an awesome product. I want to try Cover Fx foundation but I can't get past the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is now called Cover Fx Anti-Aging Primer. I'm typically very very picky when it comes to primers that's why I've never found a HG primer..before this one. This has completely changed the game in terms of primers for me. Never have I thought a nourishing primer would be my favorite as usually, I look for "long lasting and mattifying primers". After trying so many "long lasting" primers I realized, though they did a decent job at keeping my makeup on, they made my makeup uncomfortable, cakey, and just overall not pretty, they also left my skin parched. This is completely different and its just an amazing primer. I love the skin nourishing benefits of this, it doesn't break me out either. I personally think Cover Fx makes some of the best primers on the market.
TEXTURE:
It has a very unique texture, unlike any primer I've ever tried before. Its not runny nor is it thick I almost don't know how to describe the texture. It feels more like gel-like serum. It's orange in color and has a slight citrus scent. I'm usually annoyed with scented face products as I have pretty sensitive skin and it gets easily irritated but I actually really like the scent. Its very light not over powering and doesn't linger. It doesnt smell like it was flooded with artifical fragrance either. This is also AMAZING for prepping around the eye area for concealer. My concealer also looks better then ever, isn't dry and doesn't crease at all.
FEELING ON THE SKIN/FINISH:
You don't need too much as it spreads easily. It feels very light and just melts so nicely into the skin, it doesn't feel like makeup, it feels like skincare. It feels a little slightly greasy at first, not in a bad oily way though, it just feels nourishing. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth not like you have a thick layer of silicone. It also fills in lines and pores nicely (not too much but decently). Once I apply my foundation (I give it 4 minutes to set) it just goes on so nicely and blends beautifully. The foundation just blends in so seamlessly and makes my rather thick makeup look more skin-like. My foundation has never before had as beautiful of a finish as with this primer its amazing. Its nourishing but it's not overly moisturizing. I believe a wide range of skin types can use this. I've used this when my skin was irritated and dry and also now that its combination-oily and it works equally as beautiful.
WITH WEAR:
I do believe it makes my foundation wear longer because it makes the foundation meld into my skin better. I can't attest to it's oil control properties as I believe my foundation and powder is what takes care of that but it definitely doesn't make me more oily. I do believe it nourishes my skin to the point where it doesn't produce as much oil though because it's not being dehydrated. My makeup looks better for a longer amount of time then it did with mattifying primers.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried many a primer and some are different textures than others. This one looks and feels like a serum. It hydrates just a bit but not too much and causes any foundation, including the Cover FX creme foundation to stick to your face. It also causes any powder foundation to be a little too tenacious and cakey on me (might be my application!) Good for creme foundation, not my favorite for powder foundation. When used with the Cover FX foundation, it really helped with avoiding foundation sinking into my pores and didn't exacerbate current flaky areas. Apply this first with fingers, then use a flat foundation brush to apply the Cover Fx foundation. I got the best finish this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by MusetteRose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love this product! I sometimes use it at night just because it feels so good on my skin. If I use this for powder foundations though, I will use very little of it. My skin is dry to normal, but pretty dry in the winter, and so I just use a little more in the winter and I will not do without it. The only thing I'm very disappointed in is that they use to have it in a pump, which was the best thing ever, now it is harder to get out when you are coming to the end, and it is harder to control how much I can get out, for me anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was pretty expensive for a primer. $45 dollars. I needed something to wear under my powder foundation in the summer. Ive been using it for the past few weeks and its oil free and fragrance free. I haven't had any breakouts since I've started using it and it makes all of my makeup go on so smooth and makes it a lot easier to blend out. Its makes all the Powder i put on my dry skin doesn't appear powdery at all, just smooth. I would repurchase it. The only reason it wasn't perfect was because i notice it does get a shiny throughout the day and i have to blot more

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MissJexie

This is an amazing foundation primer. Going on it feels a bit similar to Smashbox Photo Finish but feels a bit more like a serum. It does take a minute to soak in as well. As for performance, this product goes the extra mile. You truly only need a very small dab on each cheek to cover your entire face, and it lasts all day. Really helps your foundation stay on through all kinds of weather and activities.
While this IS a very expensive product, I think it is definitely worth it, as you will need so little that it will last and last. Also, if you want to try the product beforehand, I would suggest signing up for Beauty Army. It's a sample program similar to Birchbox but you get to choose the 6 products you get every month, and this is one of the things you can choose. You get a .16 ounce tube, but it will last you quite awhile and you will be able to see if it's right for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by bonbini21

This is a wonderful product, I have repurchased it 3 times. It will give you that glowy, smooth, perfect skin look. People have complimented me on my skin with this product on, and I never get compliments on my skin ever. It's very expensive, but it lasts a while, I am still using the one I have had for 4 months now and I use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by pwcooper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great primer for dry skin, though I have not used it yet in warm/hot weather. No tightness in the day, though I do use it with a light moisturizer. Holds liquid, cream, powder, and BB cream in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sternieberniebaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not purchase this yet. I received a sample from Sephora (normally I throw them away but this intrigued me) so I can't attest to the long-term skin benefits.

I have never loved a primer so much! It went on really light and my foundation has never gone on smoother. I took off a lippie because it did not last through the day but nothing of mine ever does. I hate that it is so expensive (which is why I usually ignore the samples b/c the are always for some expensive product that I do not intend to buy) but I think it is worth it.