Revlon Scented - Gum Drop #325

3.9

on 5/5/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Not exactly an original, but it's just about perfect. This is a crème lilac that works on my NC42 complexion. It's almost a neutral. It's a fast-drying 2-coater, and I like the plasticky finish. Yes, it's scented when dry, but I don't care about that feature in a nail polish. The retail price at CVS is $5.99 which I think is too much, but during a BOGO sale with coupons and ECBs, it was only 25 cents.

on 6/29/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Gum drop is a creamy pastel lilac! It smells like a sweet grapy gum! It last long with a top coat,it's perfect for summer! Love it!

To be honest, i don't know how i feel about this product.
I bought it looking at the colour cause i looooove pastel colours! when i opened and used it i was kind of disappointed with the colour pay off as you need atleast three coats to get a stand out colour. also i think that because you do need three coats it takes ages to fully dry, if you knock it even an hour later it slightly dents and stuff.
i love the smell, but i kinda feel i can always smell it and it kinda gives me a headache, not too sure on this one!

You do require more than 3 coats to get a nice consistant color , and the smells is so yummy I can get my hands away from my face to breathe in all in.. so much fun!!!!

This is a creamy pale lilac. I don't know why buy am I attracted to colors like this. It is just so pretty and my favorite for spring. It needs 3 coats but looks smooth and even when you get there. It reminds me of the candy dots scent when dry.

on 8/7/2011 8:37:00 PM

I gave in to impluse buying and grabbed this.
The colour is too milky so it leaves streaks. maybe with a third coat it would even out but I am a firm beleiver that nail polish should not take more than two coats to be worthwhile.

Colour may be a bit to light on my hands too. Looks out of place on me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I LOVE the color of this nail polish, little disappointed that it needed 3-4 coats though.
The scent is not mind blowing, but it's not terrible either.
Overall I was happy with how the nail polish looked.

on 5/26/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hells yeah!
I love this nailpolish not only is it a beautiful colour but it smells like sweet bubble gum?! It's a nice surprise when I have my hand on or near my face haha.
Quite sheer after the first coat but a good 3 coats and I think it's presentable, I'd probably put four just to be safe.

Overall It's pretty good but I wish I didn't have to apply so many coats. It chips for me after 2 days but I do a lot of cleaning ect.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have this on my nails right now and I love the color! To get the color to show up evenly I applied Salley Hansens Hard As Nails in Platinum first. Then I put two thin coats of Gum Drop and it looks great. If you apply this. 2 coats of this on its own it comes out very uneven.

So I purchased this polish and was disappointed with how sheer it was...took 3+ coats to get the even opacity of the bottle color on my nails. I absolutely LOVED the shade on my warm, fair skin though, so I brought the bottle back to CVS to return and search for another comparable color. I compared it to every lilac shade I could find (another "lilac pastelle" from Revlon, Nice is Nice by Essie, Lilacism by Essie, and others whose names I don't remember) but gave up and ended up keeping it. Basically, NONE of them could hold a candle to this shade. It is just beautiful. So, with gritted teeth, I painted Gum Drop on my nails again this morning...4 coats, but I smile every time I look at my hands.

I don't get what people are complaining about with regards to the scent. I find it pleasant and barely noticeable once I slather Seche Vite (my HG top coat) over my nails.

If you have a warm, fair-medium complexion and are looking for something to brighten your hands and add a pop of sophisticated color, this is the polish for you.

Popular Polishes