September 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lip Treatments - Dr. Dans Cortibalm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by PostalPat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I joined this website specifically to sing the praises of this product! This lip balm is truly a miracle for me!!!
I suffered from eczema and dry lips that constantly itches, peels and burns! I may have one good day in a long while, where my lips are well-behave, but as soon as I dared put on any lipstick or get foundation near my lips, I would pay penance with a major breakout. Numerous research into why I was suffering this badly, lead nowhere. I’ve tried everything from La Mer to plain old Blistex, to no avail. If you can name a brand or product, I can tell you that I’ve already tried it! My situation was so bad, I wouldn’t leave the house without some sort of a lip balm for fear of my lips throwing a tantrum.
Then I discovered the hard to find Dr. Dan’s Cortibalm…my life changed. My lips are still recovering with scarring from previous breakout, but they are a 1000% better. IN fact, I now can wear lipsticks on a daily basis, with my lips never feeling dry. I have not had a breakout since I’ve started using this product. My lips are also looking healthier and (hope I am not imagining this) plumper! They have a healthy pinkish tint to them, the like of which I have not seen since I was a teenager!
Because it contains cortisone, I wouldn’t recommend using this product all the time. I supplement throughout the day with either Carmex or Kiehl’s Lip balm (pot), as needed. But, I keep a stick in every single purses that I own.
AS everyone else have mentioned, they are hard to find in store. I order mine on Amazon, and just buy a lot of it for one shipping.
The product does have a strong scent, but this does not bother me at all. It feels just like a lip balm should feel in my opinion; it is not sticky or slick, and it sinks it well. Moisturizing and feels so good!
Thank you Dr. Dan!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Andrea428

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly a miracle product for me! I have eczema and peeling above and directly on my lips. It's extremely miserable and my lips constantly burn or swell and the only thing I've found to work on them is Cortibalm! I have about 4 tubes of this stuff because it's the only lip balm I can use. Unfortunately, I still have problems with eczema on my lips but this product really takes away the itch and I don't have as many issues as long as I use this diligently. Besides being great for eczema, this product is a great general lip balm as well.

The only Con I have is that it can be hard to get in stores so you have to order it online for the most part. However, if you go to a store and you can't find this product, most pharmacies will order the product for you if you tell them the product name or you can go online to the Dr. Dan's Corti balm website and print out a form to give to a pharmacist so they can order it for you. I've done it before and it comes in a couple days and you don't have to pay for shipping :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by TLord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always had chapped lips, and most any lip balm would do as far as giving me some relief. I moved from FL to CO a couple years ago and that first winter was so harsh on my lips. NOTHING helped relieve how dry, chapped, cracked, irritated and itchy my lips were. I tried what seemed like every lip balm/treatment available, including lanolin, bag balm and plain old vaseline to no avail. I came across reviews for Dr. Dan's and ordered it immediately at my local Walgreen's. It costs about $4 a tube. It came in the very next day and I got quick relief. It doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but it fades quickly. It does contain hydrocortisone, so I only use this until my lips are better and then I can easily go back to using another moisturizing lip balm to maintain my lips. If my lips start getting really dry, I reach for this and use it a few days in a row and all is well again. I always keep a few of these on hand and use them on my kids' lips too when they get uber dry. Would repurchase and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by bunnyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product after hearing about all of the rave reviews and after suffering from chronic chapped lips. My lips had began to peel, bleed and itch around the lip line and my lips were constantly dry. I am not sure what caused my condition but nothing else was working to heal them. I had tried all kinds of lip treatments and balms to no avail. Not being able to find the product anywhere, I ordered it through my local pharmacy. As soon as it arrived, I applied it. I was totally blown away by the immediate results. My lips were instantly hydrated and the peeling stopped. I left it on overnight and in the morning, my lips were totally healed! As one of the other reviewers stated, the healthy pink color of my lips returned. My lips are now soft, hydrated and SEXY looking. Ladies if you have problems with chapped dry lips, please give Cortibalm a try. It's worth every penny. With a money back guarantee, you can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is EXACTLY what I needed! It's a one-of-a-kind lip balm. It heals severely chapped/dry lips and heals lips plagued with allergies to other lip products. My lips had become dark and really bad-looking due to either an allergy or just dryness and irritation. I get this problem frequently. This lip balm actually HEALED my lips and made them pink again. I haven't seen my lips this pink in a LONG time. It's also extremely long lasting. I used to apply lip balm at least 3 times an hour. With Cortibalm, I apply probably 4 times a DAY! It's just awesome.

Keep in mind this contains a corticosteroid, so sadly it's not something that should be used everyday. I use it more like a supplement or when my lips really need it.

Ingredients: hydrocortisone 1%, petroleum jelly, beeswax, mineral oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So glad I finally decided to try this. I work in a pharmacy and a lot of our patients on accutane would order this lip balm to help with their severely dry lips. Recently my lips have gotten really, really dry and chapped. I needed to constantly put something on them or they would be peeling and cracking within hours. I read that if both your top and bottom lips are constantly chapped it can be a sign of an allergy so I cut out products trying to determine what I was allergic to. It even got to the point where I was using strawberry Tom's of Maine toothpaste (tastes soooo gross) thinking it was something in my toothpaste. Nothing worked so I finally broke down and decided to give this stuff a try and I'm so glad I did. Almost immediately my lips felt better. I can apply it only 3 times a day (I used to apply hourly) and my lips stay soft. I can still feel the moisture hours later. One caveat is that it does taste kind of nasty if you get it in your mouth- but I won't take a lippie off because it is so amazing otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by minc

Best. Lip. Balm. Ever. It pains me that I can't walk into my local Target and find Cortibalm. I wish I didn't have to mail order it always, but this stuff is worth it! Once you use it, you can never go back to Chapstick. It literally resurfaces your lips. And it's never greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by onceuponatime1

After reading these reviews and the even more laudatory reviews on Amazon, I ordered a 3-pack. I hate to ruin its near-perfect track record, and I really really wanted this to be my HG balm after trying tons and tons to no avail, but nope. The first few uses I thought it was great, but I guess since it's a steroid you can't use Cortibalm regularly.

I can see how it works for those with problematic (peely, blistery, etc) lips, but mine were just very dry. After a few applications, when I used this balm my lips would just go dry within the hour.

Hope it works better for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mrose6

This is the absolute BEST lip balm I have ever tried, and I've tried them all. It does what it says. I've tried EVERYTHING and nothing works for my dry lips. If you visit their website and send a self addressed stamped envelope they will send you a sample to try.

Excerpt from their website.

"Dr. Daniel Viders is a board certified dermatologist in Central Massachusetts. After treating literally thousands of patients with mild to severe chapped lips, he developed the only truly hypoallergenic lip balm with 1% hydrocortisone - CortiBalm. This lip balm is perfect for acne and psoriasis patients currently taking Accutane, Amnesteen or Soriatane. It is also great for chapped or irritated lips caused by exposure to the sun, wind, cold weather or a reaction from cosmetics."

Please give it a try if you have dry lips, you won't be disappointed. You can't find it just anywhere but if you take the info to your pharmacy they can order it for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

I'm not on accutane, but this is great for those like me with chronically dry lips, especially in winter. The cortisone in it is very soothing and helps to heal your lips when they are so dry that they are peeling and sore. I don't use this every day, though--it has no SPF. Only at night, when needed.