Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo (Talc-Free Formula)

3.8

on 3/29/2015 5:59:00 PM

dry shampoo review begins at 2:35-3:25 min

on 3/7/2015 10:30:00 PM

Love this stuff. The sprays dry my scalp, so the powder is my go-to

This has been my favorite dry shampoo for years . It might seem a little speedy to some for just come powder, but one bottle will last you foreeever Nd a little goes a long way. I put it in my hands and ru together, then comb through my hair from the scalp down. Absorbs oil, and if. Used lightly/properly still allows hair to mantaon natural shine without totally striding. Me go to dry shampoo, especially on 3 and 4 days without a wash. Spray dry shampoos are better for 2nd day hIr, I feel.

on 3/3/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really good dry shampoo. The packaging needs improvement for sure. I pour the powder directly on my hand and shake it into my hairline, crown and some throughout my hair and the volume is restored and my hair smells clean.

I recently dyed my hair brown and this is NOT FOR BRUNETTES! It made my roots look grey no matter how much I brushed it through and massaged my scalp! Boooo!

Anyways, great product for lighter shades.

on 6/13/2012 11:54:00 PM

This was my first shot at dry shampoos. I bought it after reading reviews on Sephora. I never learn, I've bought many failed products after reading raving reviews on Sephora before discovering MUA. I wash my hair everyday because it's thin and gets oily after a day but I do use a gentle sulfate-free shampoo. I thought this dry shampoo would be perfect for lazy days when I just don't want to wash my hair. It just didn't work for me. It didn't really absorb oil and didn't feel clean at all. It also didn't volumize my hair the way dry shampoos are supposed to. It just felt like I had a lot of product in my hair and it weighed it down. Good thing Sephora has great return service otherwise I would be completely disappointed.

on 2/14/2012 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a generous sample of this from Sephora and I used it for several week to try to get rid of my oily roots on my 2nd-day-hair. It's OK but nowhere near as effective as the Oscar Blandi Pronto dry shampoo powder. This one also doesn't last very long so your roots are oily again a few hours after using it. This one is a white powder that's visible except on the lightest blonde hair. The powder is so fine that it's messy to work with and seems to get all over my face when I'm using it. I'll stick to my Pronto for now, even though its fragrance is overpowering.

on 12/4/2011 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have literally dozens of dry shampoos, and this is one of my favorites. It smells nice, and has a texture that is neither too grainy nor too smooth. It absorbs cleanly and invisibly in hair, and the result lasts for hours without getting cakey. I'm a fan.

on 10/19/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I managed somehow to get a mini of this product, marked as 0.10 oz or 3 g. This little size is perfect to carry around in my makeup bag and I happen to like the applicator nozzle. I use the tip to squeeze out the product where I want it to go. This is great for making my roots look fresh & non-greasy if I haven't gotten around to washing my hair. I have dark brown hair and I have to be careful to blend in to avoid that dreaded white-roots look. I went in to work one day with greasy roots, used this product, and wow----moments later, my hair looked fresh and bouncy. I don't know that I buy this since I have some other hair powders that I have bought to try out, namely one from Not Your Mother's and the other from Schwartzkof. But, I found this to be really handy, so I refilled it with the NYM powder and will be trying that out next.

on 1/31/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This does absorb oil..however, there is no clean effect to your hair. My hair had no volume, no body, no real style after I used this powder. It just mattified the oil..and that was it.

I went back to Oscar Blandi's Pronto Dry Shampoo powder! It's like magic...it mattifies oil while giving your hair awesome body/style afterwards..even after a sweaty, long run! I try to top it..but i dont think it exists. I have fine hair so maybe this just wasn't made for me.

This product is a bit gimmicky with the "anti aging" label - it's just corn starch with some added ingredients. Corn starch alone will give you more body / style than this product..and the applicator tip sucks and gives you way too much product at a time. Not a fan.

on 10/20/2010 2:46:00 AM

Best dry shampoo out on the market and I've tried them all at Sephora and Ulta. This product really works!
My hair doesn't stay white & it really takes away any oil residue. Also has a nice smell.
Con-Horribly packaging, not easy to use the lid/top, I gave up. What I did was was unscrew the top and I just pore it unto my hand. I also cut out a plastic sandwich bag to go under the cap so I can travel with this item and it won't spill anywhere.

Top Rated Alterna Products