Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Concentrate

3.1

water (aqua), cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, dimethicone crosspolymer, ascorbyl glucoside, hexyldecanol, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, cocoyl hexapeptide 23, myristoyl pentapeptide-9, haematococcus pluvialis extract, lysolecithin, brassica campestris (rapeseed) sterols, dimethicone, tropolone, squalane, polysorbate 60, hydroxyethylcellulose, retinyl palmitate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, glutathione, beta-glucan, tocopheryl acetate, arginine, bisabolol, stearic acid, cetylhydroxyproline palmitamide, sd alcohol 40b, 1,2 hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, disodium edta, methylisothiazolinone.

on 9/1/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I like this gel. it is a very gentle form of retinol made specifically not to cause irritation. I have seen a beautiful improvement in my skin. I use Hope in a Jar Night over it aftter it soaks in. you only need a tiny bit of this gel so if you're sticky, you used too much. I get constant compliments on my skin, highly recommend..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for this product. I used a full container of this and am finally getting around to reviewing it. Last year a SA at Ulta recommended it to me for my under eye area more than for using it as an all over serum. Using it in that fashion, it has lasted me this long. Sometimes I would use it all over my face, but I found it to be more on the greasier, heavier side, no matter how little I used. Although I have drier skin, it still wouldn't absorb on my face as well as I would like. Under my eyes, I had no problem with absorption.
The concentrate is a thick serum that is a dark, almost orange color. It comes in a white plastic cylindrical container that doesn't give you any idea how much is left in the container. That's not so great in packaging. How does this serum make my skin feel? It gave my eyes hydration. It softened the fine lines. It did feel good on my skin. The problem was in how much to use. Use too much at night and your face sticks to the pillowcase. Use too little and you wonder if it's enough. You have to come to a happy medium with this product.
It did make my skin feel incredibly soft. The container has lasted a very long time so in the long run, it's not expensive at all. I do feel that over time it helped with some fine line reduction and relaxed them, also. There are all types of serums on the market. Fluid type serums that absorb easily that are more watery, creamy serums, serums that contain silicone and greasier ones. Finding the right one for you takes time. Sometimes mixing them up is an option, also. Our skin has different needs at various times of the year and this serum worked really well for me in the harsh winter. I'd definitely say to try a sample first to see if it works for you, since the consistency is very different. Also, you might only want to use it on certain areas of your face or neck instead of your entire face.
Overall, I'm not sure if I'd repurchase this since I like to use natural oils before my regular serums at night and I find them just as beneficial in my skin care routine. But if you're not into the oils and naturals for your skin, I'd say give this a try.

on 12/6/2012 3:34:00 PM

Lots of negative reviews here, but it totally works for my skin. I'm dry-ish and use this nightly under my heavy duty Estée Lauder night cream. It feels great, a gel serum, brownish orange, absorbs at the reg rate of a serum. NOT sticky but silky and a little moisturizing. It may be all you need for night hydration if you're oily. I've been at this for a month and I see a change for the better in my skin. Pores have shrunk, general tightening of the skin ( in a good way, not like the tight feeling of a drying cleanser). I think some of the good results are due to the reg Miracle Worker moisturizer, which I love and use for daytime, I'll review that next.
I love the hygienic pump it comes in. I use 1 - 1 1/2 pumps per application so you really don't need much which is good considering the $62. Price tag.
Just or the record, my skin concerns are as follows:
Dry
Wrinkle prevention
Clogged pores
Evenness

My skin is pretty good otherwise, I get like a zit monthly, that's it.

on 5/26/2012 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Thankfully I only tried a 2ml sample of this cream because the effects are plain frightening. It came out of the package looking like any other night cream, thick yet smooth upon application. However within 1-2 min time my face was as red as a stop sign. Sometimes when I apply night creams I get that initial pink flush that soon goes away but that was not the case with this cream. It left my skin that shade for a very long time. I figured it was just the way the cream worked until it had time to soak in, but the next morning I woke up with blotchiness on my face and new breakouts. What a NIGHTMARE! Philosophy is absolute rubbish, their products are not natural, made for sensitive skin, or high quality in the slightest. I've probably tried 3-4 of their products by now and have hated every single one. No wonder they're in Big Lots.

on 3/15/2012 3:02:00 PM

I reviewed countless serums for aging/dehydrated skin and thought I would do okay with this. Tried it on my forehead for a days and not big reaction. Next day tried it on mid face (t-zone excluding nose) and forehead and major reaction. I had major redness and now splotches and bumps. I would strongly encourage anyone with sensitive or aging skin to check every ingredient in this product and do a longer patch test than one day. I am sensitive to hyaloraunic acid (and the sodium) version so I searched a long time for a serum without this ingredient. The Fresh Soy Face Serum seems to be okay. I had no reaction to it and should have just stuck with it instead of looking for a comparison product.

on 5/10/2011 9:08:00 AM

I had never really tried any Philosophy products for some reason but went shopping at Sephora to splurge on a few new things and ended up getting the Miracle Worker kit which includes the pads, serum and moisterizer. I originally went to pick up the Microdermabrasion kit which I had read good things about but the SA helped me pick up this kit which actually was a better deal than purchasing separately.

Anyway, I've been using about 3 weeks and I am very pleased with the results. I had not been using any anti-aging products to date as my skin is sensitive. I stick to basics, cleaning, weekly exfolitating, sunscreen. My skin before was not bad but at the age of 51 there are some slight lines on forehead, a couple of sun spots that drive me crazy. Since using the 3 products nightly, I think my skin is definately brighter, toned - not sure exactly what it is but looks healthier. The sunspots have faded somewhat also. Also, the lines on my forehead have lessened a LOT! I have not broken out at all with this. Using Olay Complete for sensitive skin spf during the day and this is working well together. I will try to remember to update when I am finished. If I still like this I will most likely repurchase. I now would like to try some other Philosophy products too!

UPDATE: 11/3/11 Well I've finished the moisterizer and pads and just have been using the serum. I have repurchased the whole kit again at the $110 price @ Ulta. I noticed my spots have faded, some gone. Skin is glowing. Can't wait to try some other Philosophy products

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really have too many skin issues this could solve, but I got this for free from work. I've tried it a few times, but being very oily it feels so thick and almost waxy on me. It doesn't absorb very well and make my skin feel heavy. I haven't used it long enough to see any results. I really prefer the When Hope is Not Enough serum to this one.

on 10/30/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am hopelessly addicted to the Miracle Worker line. I constantly get compliments on my skin. I will be 40 in December, but people say I look 30. I do have to admit that these products work better if used as a system. I recently started using the retinoid pads and they really bumped up the results.

The only thing I wish is that the line did something for melasma spots. I have some hyperpigmentation from being in the sun, despite using 50 to 100 spf. Unfortunately, the spots are still there. But, this line is awesome for keeping your skin toned and glowy. I will just have to find something for the melasma, but this will always be my go-to line....despite the high prices.......

on 8/8/2010 2:34:00 PM

I have not seen any difference in my skin and I've been using this at least once a day, mostly twice a day, for over 2 months. It is very sticky and if used at night, causes my face to stick to my pillowcase. I'm sure it is a great moisturizer, but wrinkle reducer? no. Back to my search.

on 6/6/2010 5:14:00 PM

I find if I use the concentrate on a day that I don't use the Miracle pads this works better for me. I can still pair it with the Miracle moisturizer, but I still get an oily t-zone. This product is better as a stand alone for me.

I'd rather have the Miracle pads and moisturizer then the concentrate at this point. But I will be rotating it with my other serums in my skin care routine.

Popular Treatments (Face)