April 23, 2014 | 1927 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Studio Gear - Studio Gear Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by PolskaBlondynka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this tinted moisturizer about 4 years ago and I'm not sure why I never re-purchased it. The thing I remember it for is the dewy finish it gave my skin. Even my friend complimented on it. Also I don't remember it causing any breakouts. I'm looking into purchasing a light tinted moisturizer and I think this is the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

HG tinted moisturizer!!! This stuff is tragically underrated. it's freaking amazing and the one face product I would buy over and over again. This is the perfect amount of moisture in a tm for my combination skin. It applies so smoothly and its non-greasy formulation is both rare and refreshing for a tinted moisturizer, and best of all it doesn't melt off my face, even in the hot summer months. The coverage is also impressive. My whole life I've had the most unforgiving dark circles of anyone I know, but I actually sometimes don't wear concealer over this. Maybe im just growing up and accepting my face for what is is, but either way this stuff does cover better than most tinted moisturizers. Speaking of concealer, when I apply concealer over this, it just sort of melts onto my skin and blend so beautifully. This comes in a large squeeze tube, and lasts a really long time. The price is a bonus. For 2 fl oz, it costs around $25. That is really an incredible deal.
Update: I've been to three Ultas, and I noticed that none of them have this, and it's not listed on Ulta.com (the studio gear site wasn't working) so I think this has been discontinued. If anyone sees this somewhere, let me know where! Otherwise I guess my tinted moisturizer search is back on, ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by amsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product, and it has become one of my staples in the past couple of months. I still use a primer as I would with foundation, then I mix this and a bit of my illuminator (Copacabana by Nars), and it gives my skin this amazing, dewy finish that I love. It doesn't make my skin breakout or look oily, which is awesome. However, I wouldn't recommend this for someone who needs more coverage. While it does even out my skin and make my complexion look great, I still reach for my Makeup Forever HD if I'm having a particularly bad skin day. But otherwise, this is an amazing product, especially if you crave that dewy, fresh faced look like I do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying so many TM's I think I finally found my HG...I think.. I really love this stuff. It goes on smooth, absorbs quickly, wears for hours and balances my skin well with no break outs. Even though it contains kaolin which normally makes me oily and disgusting this stuff makes my skin look fantastic. My only problem is the ingredients or to be specific the confusion over weather or not this product has been recently reformulated. I just purchased this from an Ulta store after trying it out because it wasn't loaded with cones and contained squalane instead. I bought this in Medium (which runs a bit darker than most mediums) as my summer shade and tried to reorder this online in Natural for when I have less color. The Ulta site and the Studio Gear site have a very different listing of ingredients then what I remembered on the box I tossed. A list containing dimethicone and castor oil, no squalane. I called the store and the SA said that the formula had not changed since she had been there but yes she had what I was looking for a Natural shade with the no obvious cone ingredients but yes containing squalane on the top of the list. So now I need to run 30 minutes out of my way to purchase this while it's still available and maybe a back up so I can have as many hassle free months as possible before resuming the hunt for a new brand. That is assuming that the Dimethicone version is the newest one. Studio Gear I hate you for taunting me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by mkupgirly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the strangest product. It comes out very thick and then once applied to the face it gets very thin and almost dissapears! And it leaves a big streak where you very first applied it no matter how well you blend or how fast. However, I did really like the look of this once I topped it with my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural. That gave it a pretty, dewy look, but I don't want to have to use powder in the summer so I won't be using this tinted moisturizer again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by mg86

Now that it's summer and my skin is finally clear enough that I can wear TM, I have been using this product in Fair everyday instead of my normal foundation. It's just perfect for hot weather.

What makes this worth swapping foundation for in the summer is the fact that it's formulated with kaolin to absorb excess oil and moisture. My normal foundation felt pretty disgusting even in mild heat, whereas this never gets gunky or slimy and sticks around all day - in fact it kept my face looking balanced in spite of my combination skin. It also has SPF 15 and boasts UVA/UVB protection.

The coverage is what you'd expect from TM; it goes on sheer so you'll need a good concealer if you have anything more serious than an uneven skin tone to hide.

This TM is a summer lifesaver, but it oxidizes on my skin and therefore cannot be layered - slightly annoying given how sheer it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Many people like the powder/mineral foundations but cannot wear them because they make you look "powdery", especially if your skin is on the dry side. I have the one by Chanel and it was okay not great. The scent was too much and the coverage too little. By nature a tinted moisturizer is not going to give you full coverage but a little coverage is nice. Most in the market seemt to be $30 or more. Additionally the color selection is very limited. What I liked about the Studio Gear TM is the price which is $25. (Fair-don't you think?) The color selection goes from Fair-Light-Natural-Medium-Dark. You can control your coverage by adding more or putting on less. After is has been applied, it gives a nice natural glow without making you look like a greaseball. I am glad that I found this product especially for those times when I want a less formal look or don't want to use a heavier foundation.