January 30, 2015 | 1020 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Berry Dazzle

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2015 10:23:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is not my HG by a long shot, but I keep Berry Dazzle and other ShineSensational lipglosses around because they taste so good...and make good topcoat lipglosses.
Berry Dazzle is a dark mauve gloss, kind of a brownish-purple shade. Alone on my lips, it does almost nothing, except gives a sheer, very shimmery coat of brownish-purple tint. I wouldn't call it super flattering. However, when used over either a deep nude lipstick or a purple-toned one, it works wonders. It gives my lips a fuller look and feel, and the shimmer stands out wonderfully. The sheerness of this gloss helps to add dimension to my lipstick. At this point, that's the only way I use Berry Dazzle.
As for texture, it's on the thicker side, but it's not sticky. I can definitely feel it on my lips- I can feel the glitter, too, but that doesn't bother me. Something that makes me a bit uneasy, though, is the fact that this lipgloss makes my lips tingle slightly...it's not to an extent that it's painful, but it's definitely something that I can sense when I apply it. That's actually also why I only wear this gloss on top of lipstick.
The taste, however, is awesome. It's a fake smell and taste, but it is semblant to berries, so I appreciate the authenticity.
The staying power isn't awesome; I can easily wipe it off and reapply frequently. Also, the squeeze tube isn't super convenient, but it's cute and the graphics are aesthetically pleasing, so it makes a very cute little addition to my collection. For a cheap price of like $4, I don't have regrets for purchasing this gloss. It's got its ups and downs, but it's a usable gloss, and I like keeping it around.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely gloss...it's extremely sheer but the shimmers are extremely dazzling! I like the texture as it's not sticky and nicely thick so it lasts well on my lips. I wouldn't purchase again because it isn't really anything special but it has a nice, mild, sweet taste to it. Overall, it's a lovely gloss!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by evbenavides

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is ok. Its nothing I would go running to the store to get again. I was hoping it was a darker color but its very sheer. You can barely see the glitter or shimmer in it. I put on top of a nude lipstick and it doesnt make a big difference. I bought on sale so was not that pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by honeylocs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty gloss, kinda pinkish brown in tube, but sheer on lips. There are tiny little pink glitters inside, and I mean TINY - looks more shimmery than glittery! Nice to wear alone, and I've tried it over brown lipstick. It is great, and I would re-purchase. There are more Shinesensational colors, will definitely try more.