September 18, 2014 | 1948 users online

Moisturizers - 100 Percent Pure - Tomato Lycopene Face Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

When I asked for a moisturizer that was good for oily, acne-prone skin, I was directed to this product. It did an ok job for me. I tend to need a bit more moisture than that (even though I have oily skin). Love the fruity scent, though. Also, it went bad more quickly than their other products, so seems like a waste of cash to me. I'm curious to try their other moisturizers to see if I get the same effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer works okay for my skin. I wasn't amazed by what this moisturizer can do to my skin. All I'm asking from a moisturizer is to moisturize my skin. My skin still feels dry after using this moisturizer.

1) I do like the herbal carrot and tomato smell. It smells much better than the Yes to Carrot face cream which has a fake, artificial fragrance smell.
2) I'm using retinol cream at night. This moisturizer does not moisturize my skin enough. My skin peels and has flakes when I wake up in the morning.
3) 100% pure cut down the size of this face cream from 2 oz to 1.6 oz and raised the price to $32 from $26 (~20% increase in price). They seem to be making their products in smaller size (this happens to their toners, too), charge higher price and cut down on the # of organic ingredients on their products. Therefore, I took off one star.
4) The plastic pump packaging does not provide much convenience. When you get to the bottom of the tube, you have to open the top & use a Q-tip to get out the rest of cream that's stuck inside the tube (similar problem to their glass bottle packaging in the past).

I give 4 stars because I like 100% pure's philosophy, customer service, natural ingredients and no animal testing. I won't repurchase this cream because it doesn't suit my skin's need.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by watts2no

Big Fan...what's not to like? All Natural,absorbs quickly...skin is left perfectly moisturized...not too greasy/without feeling tight. I have combo skin and happy to report.. no breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by nuclearbeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great moisturizer for slightly oily skin. I use this in the spring and summer months and absolutely love it. It is not moisturizing for winter though. I hate it when I can feel moisturizer sitting on my skin and I don't get that feeling with this product. I have incredibly sensitive skin and this never irritates. I will definitely start using it again in the spring.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by RaspberryRoses

I really liked the packaging and how much product it dispensed but hated the smell. It wasn't like other moisturizers were the smell quickly disappeared I felt it lingered on my face for hours and I smelled like a tomato sandwich all day. Definitely not my 2nd least favorite product from this brand I wish they created one that smelled like vanilla or strawberry. This does smell better than the acne toner that they sell but not by much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm still undecided about this product, although it's one of the first moisturizers that I've almost completely used until the very end. I love the fact that it doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin, but it doesn't fully absorb into my skin, so it leaves my face feeling dewy even when I apply a very small amount. I think that's because I'm 25 and it takes a long time for my body to really absorb anything. If I don't use a moisturizer, though, my skin takes a turn for the worst, so I have to. When my skin is very oily (it usually is), I can only use this product at night. Now, I'm on my second round of Accutane, so my skin is dry, and this moisturizer works great, as well, which makes it very versatile. Even with dry skin, it still doesn't get fully absorbed into my skin, but it hydrates very well.

I love the blood orange smell! And the ingredient list is impressive. The price is a bit high, but this 2 oz bottle has lasted me about a year and a half of daily use, so it's a fair price when I break it down. For younger, oily skinned women, use this very sparingly during the day.

I think I will try another cream when this one fully runs out, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by belladonna10

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this for my combo/oily skin, and it adds moisture without making me greasy. wears well under makeup and at night, and it isn't sticky or shiny. I bought this because it has different ingredients than most of the otc products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are very few products I rave about. I have very hard to please skin. I am oily/combo acne prone, and my skin hates just about anything I put on it. I am in love with this cream, and I will use it for as long as they make it. I use about a pump and a half, and let it sink in for a few minutes before applying makeup. I have been using this for about 2 months now. I have 3 noticable acne marks (pitted), and I was not expecting this cream to affect them, but it did. They are all about half the size they were. I couldn't be more happy. It doesn't break me out, and it is healing the damage I have done in the past. I LOVE this stuff!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was going to begin my review of this with "OMG" and laughed when I saw the first reviewer below did the same. It really fits any description of this product though! This is an awesome, lightweight, mostly natural cream without all the "essential oils" usually packed into most natural moisturizers. . It smells delicious and fruity, in a natural way and has a peachy tint that works well to balance out whitening sunscreens. It moisturizes better than most of my other products and comes in a cute little pump container. Love this stuff!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG I LOVE the fact that this is made from tomatoes. Any veggies in a cream is awesome! This is a fluffy but not oily cream. It goes on fresh and leaves the skin soft but not at all oily and you cant even feel it on. It is great for oily skin and normal but for dry skin and combo its nice to put some oil in it. I added some squalane to it and its the BEST moisturizer ever! Very expensive though! I will not repurchase so fast, I will try to find a cheaper one or wait untill I have more money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No