September 18, 2014 | 1388 users online

Moisturizers - 100 Percent Pure - Coffee Cherry Caffeine Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream is probably one of their lighter moisturizer because it does not contain avocado butter or candelilla wax (listed as last ingredient on the actual packaging so I updated on the ingredient list) as top ingredients on the list, so it's not as pore clogging for my acne prone skin. It smells like a glazed doughnut or vanilla cream pie. The texture is creamy but it is not greasy or oily when you apply on the skin. I use a light thin layer around the t-zone (this area of my face can be "easily" clogged by anything I put on it) but thicker layer around my cheeks which tend to have dry patches. I have not develop any blackhead or whiteheads since I use this cream. This cream moisturizes my face very well but I don't know whether the benefits stated on the package are true since I know skin is a very strong barrier & most ingredients on the skin care products don't penetrate rapidly at high concentration into the deeper layer of skin. I will continue to use this cream to keep my skin moisturized but I don't expect it to perform a miracle on my face. The price is reasonable: $35 for a 1.6oz. tube. It's more expansive than the drugstore brands but it also contains higher quality & less questionable ingredients. It is still cheaper than the department store brands. Most of the creams in the department stores cost almost the same or are more expansive for 1 oz of product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Noodles14

I purchased this product to use as a night cream on my eyes. Problem is, it seems to get into my eyes overnight and causes them to burn and itch the next day (and for a few days after). My bottle slipped from my hands and broke on my tile floor so I'm going to use the rest on my horribly sun-damaged shoulders (got a sunburn so bad nine months ago that the strap marks still show but I haven't been in the sun since) to see if it will resolve that issue. After that, I'll likely be seeking a new eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wow, it really does help my redness on my face. I have red / dry skin under my cheeks that is difficult to conceal and cover up with makeup. This moisturizer after using it for two days has really improved the redness on my face! It's named differently on their website now: it is now "Coffee Cherry Sun Damage Corrective Cream", but I think it is the same product. One complaint I have is that it is not super moisturizing. It is a light moisturizing product. I have been using it before bed and I can feel some areas of my face are dry and flaky. But when I wake up my face feels soft, not oily, and the redness is fading. It is amazing! I will update my review once I have used it for a longer period of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by nuclearbeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome moisturizer! I received this in a swap and loved it so much that I started buying all of my products from 100% pure. This is not a heavy duty moisturizer but it has great natural ingredients, and doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin. I like that it comes in a pump bottle too. It is more hygenic than sticking my fingers into a jar every day and I always get the right amount of product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by maria714

The design of the bottle is awful, the pump broke a few days after I started using it! The cream itself wasn't worth the trouble for me to scoop the rest out of the broken bottle so I threw it away. Just because it's "natural" doesn't mean it's a good product. I can't recommend this product and would never buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coffee Cherry Caffeine Face Cream is a decent moisturizer that doesn't contain mineral oil, silicones or glycerin which is very rare for a cream. I still find that I get more bang using pure botanical oils like rosehip and almond, but nevertheless this is a nice treat. I was hoping that the caffeine would calm down my morning puffiness, but to be honest it didn't do anything a cold shower can't. It is however very moisturizing and yet light and easily absorbed. The fragrance is a bit overpowering and smells like white chocolate. But overall this is a good product and anyone who is looking for a decent moisturizer that is all natural and vegan-friendly might want to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by adudle00

I'm kind of on the fence with this cream. I love that it's all natural and I love this brand, however maybe this cream just isn't the best one out of the line for my skin. It feels very thick, but doesn't moisturize the way you'd think. It's actually more a light/medium moisturizer, not heavy imo. I'll use the rest of it and see how it goes; I might try another moisturizer by them, so I might repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by steph_eina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My mom, my brother, and I use this cream and we all love it, despite having all different skin types. This is great for combination skin, sensitive skin, and acne-prone skin especially. I'm glad it's wax-free because wax particles in most creams tend to clog my pores. The texture is sort of light-medium creamy, not heavy at all, and it absorbs nicely into the skin. It smells really good and hydrates well, but in the winter it's not as hydrating so I have to layer a serum or oil underneath it first. Sometimes the pump is defective (my mom got a funky one), and I'd prefer if it was packaged in a tube. Other than that, this is a wonderful cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by 1fabulousgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have insanely sensitive, acne/irritation prone, dry skin. I've struggled with it for over a decade. In the process, I've tried everything from Avon to La Mer to prescriptions and beyond. I've found only one other cream that worked for me (Jo Malone Ginseng Day Moisturiser), but it is highly fragranced and that that bothered me sometimes, so I decided to try 100% Pure. I'm so glad I did. This is the best moisturizer I've ever used! Nevermind that it's a totally pure and cruelty free product, it works! Not that those things aren't important -- they are, but I needed results, and I got them with this cream. It's the perfect consistency -- not too heavy, not too light, and it absorbs well and wears beautifully under make-up. I don't know yet how it works for the signs of aging, but it has helped heal and hydrate my skin like nothing else, and the results seem to be consistent. Most things work at first then break me out. But so far so good with this one. It has a natural coffee vanilla scent that doesn't really thrill me, but it doesn't bother me enough to stop using it. It also doesn't seem to last very long using it twice a day, but I don't mind repurchasing often if I have to since it works so well. If you have dry, sensitive skin like mine, give this a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This goes on thin and doesnt moisturize that well. It does have LOTS of antioxidants in it though. It is not enough moisture for me though, but then again hardley anything ever is!

EDIT: It acually is too moisturizing on my skin in the summer. I really like this cream, I gave it to my mom but I borrow it everynow and again. Its super good for you!