Hada Labo TAMAGOHADA Daily Foaming Wash

3.9

on 4/15/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is good cleanser for oily skin like mine because it does not have perfume or any other unnecessary ingredients. But I can't use it every day as it's very drying. Instead, I use it for weekly exfoliating. I wash my face with a mild facial wash, steam my face with hot towel and then I take a pea size of this hadalabo tamagohada, I rub it in my hand until it forms a firm foam then massage my face with it for like 5 minutes and then wash it all of with warm water, pat dry, put on facial mask and wash it all off with cold water. My face will be super glowing the next morning. Love it! I'm warning you though, it is so so so DRYING that you may want to take it easy.

Use the foam to work on your skin. You don't literally massage your skin but instead you rub your face with the foam. That is how japanese wash their face. They make a big fluffy but firm foam then use the foam to rub your face. So your fingertips do not really touch your face. To my skin at least, I find it works best if I use it that way.

Aaanyway, tbh this is the only hadalabo product that works for me. So overall if you know how to make it work for you this is a great product with a great price. well, great price great result : HG!

on 11/21/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the products that have quickly made it into my skin care routine is the Hada Labo AHA + BHA Oil Control Face Wash.

There are a total of three versions of the cleanser, but I found that only the the oily skin version is truly effective in exfoliation. Don't be fooled by the label too, I found it's oil control abilities to be minimal. That being said, this is one of the best exfoliating product on the market that I've tried. To top it off, this was only SGD 13.50 for 130 ml.

I use it as a 10 second mask every week as that's the maximum my skin can tolerate. Trust me when I say that this product is strong. The AHA used here is glycolic acid which I'm not that crazy about, but I really believe they have added the right amount of salicylic acid to have made this so effective. The first time I've used this, my skin had this glow and it cleared some of my clogged pores too.

This effects this gives is really similar the Vichy's Normaderm Purifying Cleansing Gel ( SGD 29.00) too, it contains the same glycolic acid and salicylic acid, but for less than half the price.

This product is great for:

those who want to start on chemical exfoliation, in particular those who wants to clear the skin from the BHA or for reap the anti-aging effects from AHA.

I wrote in detail about what is AHA and recommended other AHA products here:

I also wrote all about BHA and its related products here:

on 3/22/2014 11:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been a loyal fan of Hada Labo and decided to try out this cleanser after reading many positive reviews. I need something not too harsh, prevents breakouts, and maybe aid a little in reducing acne marks.

I got it in tube form as I use it with my Clarisonic Mia 2 every night. It lathers beautifully and gets very soft and foamy with the Clarisonic. After washing, my skin feels squeaky clean and light. Not forgetting, it feels utterly smooth and soft - true to its name, egg shell. Ha.

For me, it's a good cleanser that does its job. Doesn't break me out as well as softens and smoothes my skin. I feel that my pores are cleaner which helps in product absorption. The exfoliating properties are very mild so I still do my usual exfoliating routine twice a week.

I have oily and sensitive skin combination so this product doesn't dry me out. Probably also because I use it once a day. Pea-sized is enough also. However, a person with dry skin may experience some tightness and dryness but nothing a good moisturiser can help :)

on 2/15/2014 2:18:00 AM

I first bought this on a whim because the packaging looked cute and I wanted to try a new cleanser along with the highly raved lotion. Although the hyaluronic lotion is only so-so and I couldn't finish using that one bottle, I've been using this cleanser for a year now and restocked multiple times no matter how tempted I am to try out other cleansers.

I have combination, sensitive skin with rosacea that is dry on the surface because of harsh products I use to fight pimples e.g. benzoyl peroxide, but this cleanser does not make my skin inflamed at all. I like the mild exfoliating effect due to the acids - it makes my skin feel super soft! This is probably the only drugstore cleanser on the planet with the benefits of both AHA/BHA, got to give credit to the Japanese for their advanced skincare technology.

Definitely will keep using and repurchasing. HG status.

Edit: Sensitive skin users, do not buy the normal cleanser version, buy only the foam version! There is a significant difference in the ingredients and also results on the face - the normal one dries me out so badly and causes skin irritation while the foam one does not. Still using and loving this product after many years. Read up on the techniques and benefits of the foam cleansing method here: http://www.ratzillacosme.com/skin/japanese-skincare-routine-step-1-double-cleansing/

on 12/13/2013 10:37:00 PM

This is what had stopped my face from having breakouts often. Very gentle and cleans efficiently. THIS SAVED MY SKIN, so glad that i found this product!

on 11/24/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

its not bad as it doesnt cause break outs on my acne-prone skin and its relatively good in controlling the oil production on my face. However, in terms of the exfoliating effects of the aha and bha, i didnt see anything.

on 10/12/2013 5:08:00 AM

I find this cleanser very normal , nothing too special . I have combination skin and this cleanses without drying it out . I have tried better cleansers that are more moisturising or able to control my acne better .

on 7/28/2013 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I ran out of Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (been using it for 3-4 years), and I was thinking to replace it with something cheaper. I think I have used this up to 3 tubes and I have no negative reaction to this. This product is like a no brainer when I stay overnight and left my cleanser at home, I just grab one on the supermarket.

Pros:
- Very affordable
- Removes light make up
- Skin immediately feels smooth afterwards
- Contains small amount of AHA and BHA, great for lazy person (me) who wants to exfoliate daily but feels bothered to add more routine
- Fortunately, does not break me out
- I like how they try to keep the ingredients as less and simple as possible, no annoying synthetic fruity fragrance

Cons:
- Though the ingredients are simple, this isn't a mild cleanser (because of AHA/BHA)
- Drying, but nothing good moisturizer can't help
- Since you exfoliate daily, you will need sunscreen. But aren't we supposed to wear them anyway?

on 7/12/2013 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Avoid this like the plague.

I know some people break out from using this. And I am one of those people.

I bought this because the product is very promising, clean face, exfoliating, light peeling? It claimed that it doesn't contain dangerous chemicals and fragrances.

While it's promising, within the first few use, I can say it really reduces my acne and red acne scars. It's quite amazing. But after a while (not even get to quarter of the small bottle--30 mL), I noticed that my face had a few various sized pimples that were very red and tender. I thought it's probably periodic so I used this for a while. But more pimples started showing. I researched about it and apparently this product cause break outs to some people. So I stopped and withdrawn effects still showed, after a while the break out stopped. Scary.

So if you are unsure whether to buy this product, then probably don't. Because while I was researching, apparently it's not only sensitive/acne prone skin type that got affected, so it's random and surprising.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Another HG product ! :) Absolutely love how this cleanser evens my skin tone and gently removes dead surface skin. It really helps control/ balance/ smooth my combination sensitive acne-prone skin and I literally saw a decrease in breakouts and pore size! I only use a pea size amount. Definitely one of my favorite cleansers, although I DON'T use this every day cause it can get too drying (I like to use it every other morning). It works especially well if you add a drop or 2 of facial oil (I use jojoba, argan, or sunflower) which keeps it from over drying your skin. I noticed some reviewers are breaking out from this, which might be because they are using too much, or using it too often. I started off using it once a week and gradually increased from there. Especially if you have never used any AHA products before, you should use very sparingly! I have the thinnest, most sensitive inflamed acne-prone skin ever but I had built up my tolerance of AHAs & salicylic acid before I found this cleanser...I even break out from gentle stuff like pure rosewater, pure witch hazel, and organic grapeseed oil.