October 25, 2014 | 1114 users online

Cleansers - Hada Labo - TAMAGOHADA Daily Foaming Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by OhKitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been a loyal fan of Hada Labo and decided to try out this cleanser after reading many positive reviews. I need something not too harsh, prevents breakouts, and maybe aid a little in reducing acne marks.

I got it in tube form as I use it with my Clarisonic Mia 2 every night. It lathers beautifully and gets very soft and foamy with the Clarisonic. After washing, my skin feels squeaky clean and light. Not forgetting, it feels utterly smooth and soft - true to its name, egg shell. Ha.

For me, it's a good cleanser that does its job. Doesn't break me out as well as softens and smoothes my skin. I feel that my pores are cleaner which helps in product absorption. The exfoliating properties are very mild so I still do my usual exfoliating routine twice a week.

I have oily and sensitive skin combination so this product doesn't dry me out. Probably also because I use it once a day. Pea-sized is enough also. However, a person with dry skin may experience some tightness and dryness but nothing a good moisturiser can help :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by j3sslyn

I first bought this on a whim because the packaging looked cute and I wanted to try a new cleanser along with the highly raved lotion. Although the hyaluronic lotion is only so-so and I couldn't finish using that one bottle, I've been using this cleanser for a year now and restocked multiple times no matter how tempted I am to try out other cleansers.

I have combination, sensitive skin with rosacea that is dry on the surface because of harsh products I use to fight pimples e.g. benzoyl peroxide, but this cleanser does not make my skin inflamed at all. I like the mild exfoliating effect - it makes my skin feel super soft! I squeeze a pea-size amount of product and lather it in my hands before using it on the face everyday.

Definitely will keep using and repurchasing. HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by bonbon01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what had stopped my face from having breakouts often. Very gentle and cleans efficiently. THIS SAVED MY SKIN, so glad that i found this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by zelozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its not bad as it doesnt cause break outs on my acne-prone skin and its relatively good in controlling the oil production on my face. However, in terms of the exfoliating effects of the aha and bha, i didnt see anything.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I find this cleanser very normal , nothing too special . I have combination skin and this cleanses without drying it out . I have tried better cleansers that are more moisturising or able to control my acne better .

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by svendira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I ran out of Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (been using it for 3-4 years), and I was thinking to replace it with something cheaper. I think I have used this up to 3 tubes and I have no negative reaction to this. This product is like a no brainer when I stay overnight and left my cleanser at home, I just grab one on the supermarket.

Pros:
- Very affordable
- Removes light make up
- Skin immediately feels smooth afterwards
- Contains small amount of AHA and BHA, great for lazy person (me) who wants to exfoliate daily but feels bothered to add more routine
- Fortunately, does not break me out
- I like how they try to keep the ingredients as less and simple as possible, no annoying synthetic fruity fragrance

Cons:
- Though the ingredients are simple, this isn't a mild cleanser (because of AHA/BHA)
- Drying, but nothing good moisturizer can't help
- Since you exfoliate daily, you will need sunscreen. But aren't we supposed to wear them anyway?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by bluelimelemon

Avoid this like the plague.

I know some people break out from using this. And I am one of those people.

I bought this because the product is very promising, clean face, exfoliating, light peeling? It claimed that it doesn't contain dangerous chemicals and fragrances.

While it's promising, within the first few use, I can say it really reduces my acne and red acne scars. It's quite amazing. But after a while (not even get to quarter of the small bottle--30 mL), I noticed that my face had a few various sized pimples that were very red and tender. I thought it's probably periodic so I used this for a while. But more pimples started showing. I researched about it and apparently this product cause break outs to some people. So I stopped and withdrawn effects still showed, after a while the break out stopped. Scary.

So if you are unsure whether to buy this product, then probably don't. Because while I was researching, apparently it's not only sensitive/acne prone skin type that got affected, so it's random and surprising.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another HG product ! :) Absolutely love how this cleanser evens my skin tone and gently removes dead surface skin. It really helps control/ balance/ smooth my combination sensitive acne-prone skin and I literally saw a decrease in breakouts and pore size! I only use a pea size amount. Definitely one of my favorite cleansers, although I DON'T use this every day cause it can get too drying (I like to use it every other morning). It works especially well if you add a drop or 2 of facial oil (I use jojoba, argan, or sunflower) which keeps it from over drying your skin. I noticed some reviewers are breaking out from this, which might be because they are using too much, or using it too often. I started off using it once a week and gradually increased from there. Especially if you have never used any AHA products before, you should use very sparingly! I have the thinnest, most sensitive inflamed acne-prone skin ever but I had built up my tolerance of AHAs & salicylic acid before I found this cleanser...I even break out from gentle stuff like pure rosewater, pure witch hazel, and organic grapeseed oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

I love this cleanser!! I bought the whole Hada Labo set after trying out some samples of the "lotion" and loving the effects of it.

I love that its a foam because its so so easy to wash your face. Just pump out some foam, massage into your face, wash off and you're done! Simple and effective. When I first bought this cleanser, I thought it would only last for a short time because its such a small bottle. But I've been using it for about 3-4 months now and there's still about 1/3 left (as far as I can guess from the weight).

Since I've started using the Hada Labo routine, I think my pores have become smaller and my face looks much more supple. The hada labo set is great for its price and really does what it claims. Some reviewers said they found this cleanser drying. Personally I do feel that my skin is a little 'stripped' after cleansing but I never feel the uncomfortable tightness that comes with your skin being too dry. Also, I ALWAYS use the hada labo "lotion" (toner) and moisturizer after using this and I haven't faced any dry skin problems (I have combo skin for reference).

Will definitely repurchase and keep using all things hada labo :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As someone who thought Hada Labo's hyaluronic acid range is not only overrated but is in fact bad, I was pleasantly surprised by how good this one has turned out. Granted, it has nothing to do with hyaluronic acid and therefore gets none of the publicity, but four months of exclusive use have taught me this is the better Hada Labo product. I started in the winter and did not find it to be overstripping (though I wouldn't describe it as "moisturizing" either), and now that summer is approaching I imagine it'll work even better. Its dense texture certainly feels expensive. In fact, I don't see much difference between this and Kanebo's Dew Superior, which costs about eight times more. Terrific value for the money.