August 2, 2014 | 1233 users online

Mascara - Essence - magic design

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

Bought this mascara on a whim. I actually had Cover Girl Lash Blast in my hand but was persuaded by the low price of the Essence line and also the fact that they do not test on animals.

This mascara rocks. Out of the three that I bought (all Essence) this one is by far my favourite. I love the brush and it separates my lashes well with absolutely no clumping. It defines and separates my lashes and gently darkens - a great daytime mascara!!!! I also am so impressed as it did not cause any bizarre allergic or sensitivity with my eyes. Love it!!!!!

I will definitely repurchase. If I was to make a comparison it's similar to Clinique High Impact mascara but at a fraction of the price. (Unfortunately I can not wear Clinique as it irritates my eyes).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Essence's All Eyes on Me mascara is "multi effect mascara" promising to give "extra volume, length, curl, thickness, and separation" and is Opthalmologist approved. I purchased my tube at Ulta for $1.99.
What really caught my eye about this mascara was the packaging. The tube is black with a cute mod print of blue, grey, and silver circles. It kinda matches my Makeup Bag. The brush is very standard. It reminds me of the Original Great Lash brush, but longer, about the same length as Covergirl Lash Blast Volume's brush. The tip barely tapers in, making it difficult to not make a mess when working in the inner corners/bottom lashes. Not really a fan of the brush.
The formula of the mascara is a bit different. Its a dry formula on the thicker side, and has a mousse like texture.
This mascara does have multiple effects. It gives a little bit of everything. And I mean a little bit. It adds only the tiniest bit of length, volume, and thickness, with just the slightest curl and separation. It creates a very natural, "your lashes on a good day" look. To be fair, Essence never made any outlandish claims about how much longer/thicker/curlier this mascara would make your lashes look, they only said "extra". So all the claims hold up.
What this mascara really does deliver in is darkness. This is one of the blackest mascaras I've used, and I got this in the Soft Black shade. Its much darker than both Covergirl Lash Blast Volume in black and Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express in Very Black (the only two mascaras I had on hand to compare).
This mascara has some bad points too. It flakes after about 6 hours of wear, and like so many mascaras, gives me itchy lashes. But unlike other mascaras where my lashes get itchy after several hours of wear, my lashes get itchy almost immediately. I assume its from the dry formula. On top of the flaking and itching, I lost a lot of lashes sinces I started using this mascara, both during wear and removal, and randomly afterwards. Once again I assume its the dry formula.
Speaking of removal, this removes pretty easily. I haven't tested it see how water resistant it is, but judging on how flaky it is, I would assume it isn't very waterproof.
Overall, this mascara is just ok. It's good for daily wear because of the natural look it gives, however I'm not sure how your lashes will fare if you wear this everyday. Mine didn't do so good after 4 days of this. If you like Great Lash you might like this mascara, and for $2, it can't hurt your wallet too much to try it. But it might hurt your lashes.
I won't be wearing this mascara more than once a week on lazy days when I don't want my lashes to look super fabulous. I also won't be repurchasing, but I am open to trying other Essence mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Application was very nice, but I had some minor problems with flaking, smearing, and removal was a bit of a pain. You need a special remover for this, soap and water doesn't cut it. OK product overall but there are better mascaras out there; will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by greencurry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product has been reincarnated as "All Eyes on Me Multi-Effect Mascara". In its none-too-distant former life, it was known as Magic Design.

You know how in certain women's magazines, they have a feature about which product you buy when you get your tax refund and its parallel when you might have just lost your job? Well, my mascara for the first scenario is Chanel Inimitable and for the second, Essence All Eyes on Me. Seriously, though, if I hadn't recently purchased the Chanel for $30 at Nordstrom, I would be using the $2 Essence no matter how many piles of cash I had to count.

This mascara is so amazing that I intentionally ran errands today without my glasses (a dangerous feat) so I could show off my eyes, and I'm not vain in the least! I'm so pleased I had originally bought two Essence mascaras, the other being False Lashes in the green, yellow and black motif tube. When I offered to sell one to my pod mate in need, she chose the $3.50 FL, which has a big honking brush and seems to be a drier formula than this beauty.

On the label, this product declares it "gives extra volume, length, curl, thickness and separation". It really delivers all that and more. I consider this product to be the best of any Lancome mascara (says a lot right there, no?) and Majolica Majorca mascara combined, without those pesky fibers and pain-in-the-nuts-to-remove-ness of the MM, for at least 10 times lower the price.

Love! ***bats extra long deep black lashes and they don't come unglued*** xo greencurry

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kscandy15

This product is very black, and is clump free. You kinda have to wiggle the wand a bit to separate all of the lashes, but the effect is great. I think this goes on rather glossily, which is always a plus, and I've had it on for about 3 1/2 hours, and it still looks as great as when I put it on. It does smudge and flake a tiny bit at the end of the day, but for the price, it is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by meanieboyx3

I love this mascara! It's so good for adding volume and length. It gives me a natural false lashes effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This is another mascara Ive tried from essence that ULTA carries. It is "for the ultimate long lash look; lengthens lashes & gives them a full, luscious apperance." The formula does lengthen, thicken, defines, & lasts on my lashes a long time. It comes in a rich black & the brush is really good. I think this is great if you want a more dramatic look. The downside of the mascara is each time Ive used it the formula seems to get drier & thicker.