November 28, 2014 | 1769 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Peace, Love & the Planet - Totally Beachin Body & Waves Styling Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by roodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to confess that I am a little biased when it comes to this product. I wanted to love it from the first because I love the whole idea of an eco-friendly line from Tigi. In addition, I took it on honeymoon, so whenever I spray it now that gorgeous smell immediately brings back memories of pina coladas in the Caribbean! Also, I did buy it on ebay so it was a lot cheaper than the salon asking-price.

Having said that, in reality I find it to be a good but not a fantastic product. My hair is fine but there's a lot of it. It's wavy-curly (some areas are ringlets, others are nearly straight), and I aim for some kind of consistency throughout with volume. This really does enhance my waves and curls, and gives me good body. I really like the smell - kind of a subtle organic version of a tropical scent, not sickly or not overpowering.

I use a small amount and spray into my hands and scrunch in, or spritz directly into hair and avoid the root area. I do this on wet to damp hair, as I've found that although you get more noticeable results with dry or drier hair, it leaves my hair so sticky and producty that it's just not worth it. With the right amount I definitely get second-day hair - throw it up in a bun or high ponytail overnight and I barely have to touch it the next morning.

In my opinion the biggest downside is that consistent use does tend to dry out my ends (I know that this can happen with most salt sprays). I tend to use an oil underneath it to give some nourishment, and deep condition regularly, but I just don't like the feeling that a product is worsening the condition of my hair, when for me the whole point of a beach spray is to embrace your natural texture and minimise heat damage. This sucks as I really do like the results and would like to use it all the time, particularly in summer. For this reason I am going to keep my eye out for other beach sprays.

Basically, if you are looking to enhance your wurlies, (particularly during a holiday) I would recommend you try this product if you can get it for a decent price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by hellokittylover123

well the other day i was at the store and like anyother girl usually check out the makeup and hail products so as i was looking i saw this and was thinking well lets give it a shot it was on clearance for 4.99 and then another 40% percent soo all and all i got it for like 2.00 which i think is a really good deal since is was 40% more also so its like i got 2 bottles for almost nothing compared to getting 2 bottles for like 40.00 and i really love the smell its kinda more coconutty than than mango and a hint of vanilla some people might not like that kinda stuff but i love it so if u like coconuts ull love iti have never used this type of spray before so i was excited to try it i already have thick curly corse hair so with a little luck myabe it will work so my daily hair rutine is to just put hair gel or curl definer in andf scrunch so i do the same with this so in the morning i just wash and condition (mostly condition :) ) and put my hair in a towel while i eat and get dressedn etc. then take my hair down and its now damp so i brush it put the product in and scrunch let it dry and volia

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great ingredients but it is very sticky.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by stinal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this products, but I have had better salt water sprays. It does add a litlle volume, but not as much as other products. But I don't see any waves at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this bottle of "totally beachin" for free when I ordered the tigi conditioner but they made a mistake and sent me this stuff instead and told me just to keep it. Anyway, I have long medium thickness hair that is naturally wavy but definitely not curly. First off I was not a big fan of the scent, very strong in my opinion and very coconutty which I'm not crazy about but anyhow, I tried this right after washing my hair, scrunching it in and leaving it for a bit then diffusing. My hair held the wave I have but it didn't add any bounce or curl to it but it is supposed to be more beachy so I guess that's why. The bottle says to use on dry or damp hair so I tried it again on dry hair and I really did not like it, my hair felt oily/sticky after putting it in and it didn't do all that much to put waves back into my hair. I'm pretty sure the sea salt is what gives it a slightly sticky feeling, all in all I wasn't impressed, I've had better results with my sunsilk although it has been discountinued, also pantene spray gel did a better job as well. For the price this just is not worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this item for free when Beauty Brands sent out a flyer advertising this as a free gift with any purchase. I think it retails for something like 19 dollars, which I think is pretty steep for the amount (6 oz). I was on the lookout for something similar to my old discontinued favorite: John Frieda Ocean Waves. That was an oil and water mixup type of product, whereas I don't see that with this product. But I still thought it was worth a try since I was able to get it for "free" with a purchase.

I used it by spraying it into my slighty damp hair and scrunching, then no more touching until the hair is dry. I got good results--a casual, tousled look for my curls--considering I didn't combine it with anything else, I'm impressed that it defined my curls as well as it did, too.

I was worried the scent would be overpowering (most coconut scents are too much for me) but this is light and not that noticeable to me.

As for the texture my hair has when using this, it definitely leaves a bit of that "beach" feeling in your hair (it's the sea salt that does it).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh Tigi, why must you be so hit or miss for me? I was very excited when they came out with the eco-friendly, organic Peace, Love & the Planet line. I was even more excited to discover there was a beach spray! Even though I use and love my David Babaii beach spray, I wanted to try this anyways. For reference, my hair is fine (but a lot of it), heavily layered, and somewhere between straight and wavy.

My usual routine for using beach sprays is to spray it on my wet hair, scrunch, and then scrunch in my David Babaii mousse. I usually just let my hair air dry. I sprayed it in, and began working. It smells good, the packaging describes it as "coconut vanilla mango," but i can only smell the coconut and vanilla. It's a raw, organic scent which some people will love, others not so much. personally, I loved it and thought it's one of the best smelling beach sprays. After adding mousse and letting it dry, I was rather disappointed with the results. My hair was limp with only subtle waves. It also felt dried out and a bit crunchy. The DB spray always leaves me with voluminous, big waves.

Totally Beachin might work better on someone with wavier or curlier hair. It didn't do much for my straight/wavy hair. This is truly a YMMV product. Retails from about $13+ so it's a little on the expensive side. Worth a try with the right hair texture, but I won't be buying again. I'm going to pawn it off to the stylists at work and see if they have better luck. :/ Will update if anything develops.

Update - I gave it another shot this time pairing it with Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softy spray gel and diffused my hair. I got much better results but am still not sure if I'll repurchase.