November 27, 2014 | 1397 users online

Polishes - Ciate - Paint Pots

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by bperrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ciate offers a comprehensive range of colours and textures to make your nails feel and look great! I was excited to get to work after paying 25 for the 3D Glitter Neon Nails set. This set didn't work out for me. The polish is thick (almost like glue) and difficult to apply. Even after 3 coats and a top coat it still looked streaky. The glitter was lovely but if you are buying this set beware applying a top coat over the glitter to seal it spoils the look. Sadly not a purchase I would make again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by dalloways

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the range of colours and effects this brand has, but I find the formulas to be a bit thick and gloopy and they apply poorly with the brush given - it still looked streaky and uneven after two or three coats, and needed a thick topcoat to even look half-decent. It does dry quite quickly for a regular polish, however, and the packaging (aside from the brush) is pretty.

Pros:
- Lovely colours
- Dries quickly
- Nice packaging

Cons:
- Poor formula and application, especially considering the price
- Brush makes neat application tricky

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ciate is a British nail polish brand that produces creme, matte, shimmer, glitter, duocrome, holographic and pearlescent polishes. The brand has made a name for itself for it's range of manicure 'toppers' that are applied over still damp polish; including loose caviar pearls [tiny beads], sequins, glitter and feathers. Ciate release many gift sets throughout the year so customers can try the various products in mini form, to see what they like before buying the full sizes

Ciate also offer various base and top coats, polish remover and nail files.

The polish formulas for every Ciate polish I've worn so far have all been really smooth and bubble/streak free to apply, and many shade colours are so rich that they are very nearly one-coaters on me; people who are neater then me at applying polish [most people] will probably only need the one coat for the medium/dark shades. The polish dries quickly, and I find that it wears as well as the big named brands on MUA. I also had no issue with the bottle shape [the shape is easy to grip], or with the brush [I class it as standard - neither noticeably big or small].

I've also tried a few of the manicure topper options and found them easy to use - and steady hands & patience are two things that I lack. The caviar pearls, sequins and glitter can get a bit messy, so don't attempt them if you're in a rush.

Here in the UK Ciate is slightly cheaper than the likes of OPI and Nails INC, so I feel as though I got more then enough quality for my money.

Ciate loses a lippie as quite a few of the polish shades aren't anything new, and the various manicure toppers - whilst different and fun - aren't very long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the Ciate brand polishes, vibrant color, even wear and no chip for a week. The packaging is so cute. The brand does some weird products like the caviar effect ones and the chalkboard effect ones that are not the top performers despite the novelty. The regular paint pot is a winner, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by floraworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely lovely color. amazing and i can't wait to try more ciate polishes! lemming for the glitter series

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

I have bought this in a shade called Espadrilles. As the name suggests this is a summer shade. I have a vast range of polishes ranging from cheap to uber expensive. This one cost £9. I got it in Fortnum & Masons but it seems to be the same price everywhere. This is a unique shade. Because I have lots of polishes I have become a bit jaded because there isn't much shade wise that I don't already have. This is a red/gold frosted shade which looks great for summer toes. I can imagine wearing this in the autumn on my fingernails. It looks absolutely beautifully molten in the wonderful boudoir style bottle. A dream to apply. Brush has a great handle and the consistency of the polish is first class. One coat is enough but I am a purist and always apply two. I will buy more from this range.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best nail polishes I have used in a loooong time. I have about 15 colours now. The consistency of these polishes is very nice. They are highly pigmented so two coats is more than enough, without any streaking at all and no bubbling (even when applied thickly). They also last really long. I can easily go 5-7 days with barely any chipping, even when applied just to my bare nails (no base coat)

Would 100000000% recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Melavigne

I got the colour sand dune free with April's issue of Marie Claire, it is almost half the original price for the full sized bottle. Its a gorgeous gold colour. I remember few years back i was obsessed with finding the perfect gold colour nail polish and all i came across was over yellow ugly gold. Until I found the gold nail polish from the Face Shop. I loved it. Sand dune reminded me alot of it but sand dune is even better. Its less yellow and more metallic, what a true cool gold should be and could pass off as those foil nails.

However I do have to put on a disclaimer that it had been some time since i've used The Face Shop's gold and only remember from my memory. I will make a comparison once I got back home and my hands on both gold nail polishes and update on it.

The reason I won't repurchase is because it is too expensive, i never wear my nail polish for more than a week and doesn't believe in expensive nail polish. Other than that the quality, the colour, its very worth what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ennvyblog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

We tried the Ciate Caviar Manicure sets in all 3 colours. It is pretty pricey at $36AUD for one set from Mecca Maxima. We really love these cute manicures though and they look really chic on. Our favourite is the colourful set as it looks like you have sparkly hundreds and thousands attached to your nails!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this brand in 4 other colours. But this is the one I love the most....
The Glossip , a real vibrant coral that looks amazing on fingers or toes for a real pop of colour. Yes it is a summer look, but damn the weather London looks like it's gonna be rain, rain, rain for the next few months so I plan to be wearing this.
This is a creme colour and therefore really wearable. The brush is a little short... and I need 2 - 3 coats for full coverage. With base & top coat, this will last me for 4-5 days without chippin.
I'm a 1/3 of the way down in the bottle and is starting to get a little thick, but still workable.

Love love love.