July 25, 2014 | 1673 users online

Lipstick - Ulta - Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Surprisingly a good lipstick...haha. I have the color in 240 which is a brown/berry mauve color, a "your lips but better" color, only a little darker and less pink. 240 is surprisingly really good - it smells like a jolly rancher, applies very smoothly, is very matte but doesn't dry out your lips, and stays on all day with a good lipliner. I'm really impressed! I can't speak for other colors/finishes but the mattes in the Ulta collection are really nice and I'll probably buy some more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by FGunsmoke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review is for Pink Chocolate: I love this shade and the name too! When I first apply the color, it smells like a yummy candy grape flavor. The smell quickly disappears and is non-offensive. The texture is matte and creamy too (for a matte lipstick). I was concerned it would be greasy or slick because, if it is too slick, the color will not adhere to the inner part of my bottom lip. The color (like strawberry milk with a little chocolate) applies pinky-brown, mauve-berry on my lips, and it makes my teeth look whiter too.
My lips are already naturally pigmented, so the color might look a lighter pink on you have a pale pucker. :)
I got my lipstick on sale for 4 dollars, so be sure to snag one up during one of Ulta's great sales.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I ordered 6 Ulta lipsticks online when they had a Buy 3 Get 3 promotion and I'm really impressed. My particular favorite is Sugar & Spice, which is a gorgeous MLBB shade and my everyday go-to color. All of the ULTA lipsticks are very creamy and opaque and fairly long wearing. I really like the packaging, which I find to be upscale looking for such an inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So they opened an Ulta shop at my local mall and of course, I HAD to visit it.

I'm on a strict budget so I went there more to browse than anything else. I found their stuff was on sale. Lipsticks went for $2. How can one resist? Anyway, I decided to go with #229, which in their website figures as Sugar and Spice. On my tube it just says 229. But who cares? The color is absolutely fabulous. Anyone who ever bothered to read my posts knows that I DETEST concealer/Barbie pink l/s, and I tend to stick with brown pinks or brown mauves as the lightest shade.

This color is hard to describe. It's a pinkish brick brown, a warm hue, that defines my lips beautifully, but is not too matte or pigmented to look heavy for summer. It's not sheer or light, but it look so elegant and lovely. Not long-lasting, but I have no problem re-applying since I do believe that stay-on-forever MU - especially lipstick - looks quite disgusting after some time, all caked-up and dry. Eww!

At $2 this was as good as free. But I would gladly re-purchase even at $8-10. I'm really, really happy with this. Welcome, Ulta!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really enjoy ULTA lipsticks! They're super inexpensive ($8 regular but Ulta always has BOGO free sales so $4-AMAZING). The color range is awesome, they have a lot more shades to choose from than I would have ever expected.
I bought two lipsticks that are brown-pink-nudes (going for the "My lips but better" look) and I love love the colors!
Application is not my absolute favorite as these are pretty matte and I prefer Satin, Lustre or Amplified finishes.
The solution: use a lip scrub and moisturize well with a nice lip balm before application. Or top it off with a favorite well-moisturizing lipgloss.
The packaging is so fantastic! It really screams high quality to me. While i love MAC and Revlon lipsticks, I cannot always afford MAC and Revlon has awesome shades and wearability but ULTA brand has shades completely unique to anything I can find with Revlon. Those 3 brands are the ones I always go for, so if you're looking for a cheap matte finished lipstick in a unique and unknown shade... go for ULTA!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by cakexcuddles

I got a sheer super shiny looking ulta lipstick. I don't know what it's called but the label on the bottom says #131. I looked for the color online but couldn't find it. :/. It's a gorgeous color. Nudey super shiny pink. It makes my lips look plump, sexy, and healthy. It's definitely a great color. I am not impressed by the staying power though. 2 hours after I put it on you would never know I had it on. I wouldn't by this again, but I do love the color and the way it looks when it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Hwa

Finally I've found the perfect nude lipsticks. I bought the colors Coffee Break an In the Buff. I am Asian and NC25. Both lipsticks are in the nude family, but they are healthy looking nude, not the washed out or concealer nude. Coffee Break is brownish nude, perfect for fall/winter, very low key but adds some color to you lips. In the Buff is pink nude, and has the same effects as Coffee Break, quiet but pretty. Both are very smooth and long-lasting, packaging is cute as well. I purchased them when Ulta offer two for $6 deal. $3 for each, what can be better!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Kdids520

I was looking for a MLBB lipstick and I think I've found it in ulta's dare to bare. I'm nw15/20 and adding dare to bare over ulta's mauve lip liner is a perfect fit for me. It gives me a nice, sheer, pinky peach. It smells a little fruity (which I love), and you can't beat the price. I think I paid $2 for it on sale and $4 for the lip liner. You can't go wrong with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by hibis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got the color "Parisian Pout" for $1 from the clearance section at Ulta and as it turns out, it's my favorite color I own!

It's the perfect shade of mauve/pink that looks almost nude on my olive-tan skin. The formula is smooth and non-drying but the staying power requires fairly frequent re-application.

I usually get about 1-2 hours of staying power (with a slight tint left behind), but I also talk more than the average person at work (in health care).

So perfect! I plan to buy another 1-2 if I can find them!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ulta has redone all their lipsticks. They are on sale right now for 4 dollars a pop, and with my 3.50 off coupon I went and got four of them. I am not a dark person, I have medium to fair skin, and my lips are pretty light without much pigmentation to them. I ended up returning 3 out of the 4 lipsticks because even though they looked dark in the tube, they barely showed up on me. One in particular looked so dark I was afraid it would be too much and I barely saw it. The one I kept was not dark but it did show up. I exchanged them out for the Brilliant Color lip glosses and they are good, although I liked the old glosses as well. I am hesitant to repurchase their lipsticks which is a shame, since I used to buy them all the time and found the testers were true to how the colors would show up on my lips.