July 29, 2014 | 1990 users online

Mascara - Essence - hypno gloss 3 in 1

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara seemed so promising, but it irritated my eyes. It was also flaky and didn't provide me any length or volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by TangyCandy

It's a shame that they discontinued this lovely mascara.
I knew from the moment I opened the tester that this wasn't going to be a mascara that gives you dramatic eye lashes; the formula was rather thin and very glossy. But, that's exactly what I wanted!
I' ve been searching for an affordable mascara that only gives a nice tint and glossiness to my eye lashes and makes them just a little bit more noticeable, but not dramatic so that I can wear it everyday to my classes at college and still look natural, yet polished. And this one delivers! It makes my eye lashes dark and glossy, seperates them, it's completely clump free and adds a bit of volume and some lenght. It's my eye lashes but better.
I haven't experienced any stinging and it's a bonus that this is opthalmologist approved.
Of course, you can't beat the price, I think I paid about 4 euros for this, which is crazy cheap considering that the cheapest drugstore mascara here (like maybelline and l ' oreal ) costs over 15 euros!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ul28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely looove this mascara!! I have Dior Diorshow, Chanel Inimitable and a couple more high end ones getting bored (and dry, and useless) in my drawer. I wear this everyday for the most beautiful, long, black and foremost NATURAL lashes ever! No matter how much you bild up, it doesn't clump and still looks natural. I often get asked if I have false lashes on, simply fantastic!
EDIT: how sad it is that this has been discontinued? I have no words!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jikl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh! How I loved this mascara! I WISH they didn't discontinue it. If I could buy up the remaining stock and keep it for the rest of my life I would.
I have mousey blonde lashes that are long enough but invisible at the tips. This mascara makes my lashes black, ever so slightly fuller and so much longer (because it colours the tips). It is glossy, I didn't understand how this could be a good thing until I tried it - It means it looks really natural - like I just have amazing healthy black lashes. It doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge. It flakes off eventually (at the end of a long day or long night), and it's easy to remove. The bush is outstanding, so thick with many tiny bristles it grabs every lash hair. I plan to clean the brush after it's run out so I can use it with other mascaras.

I had never come across a mascara like this before, and I am so upset I didn't know it was being discontinued or I would've bought loads of backups for the future. I would LOVE to find another mascara like this for the price, but I doubt it will ever happen again. I will be back in the world of thick matte unnatural looking lashes when my tube of Hypno Gloss runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by cosmopolitan3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara.
Doesn't make my lashes stick together, goes on smooth, leaves a glossy finish. Makes my lashes very natural looking.

However, the best thing is that its not smudging! Not even after I would take a small nap, and also not when I go to the gym. ;)
I am soo sad they discontinued it.
Its was just perfect, and on top of that dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Rosefan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, it seems that I'm the only one here who wanted a mascara exactly like this.
It's all true what the others claim, but I'd add my points.

Firstly, it's a very deep black colour, and truly does give a nice natural, freshly done glossy finish. This is what I missed from other mascaras all the time giving me very visible matte black lashes.

Secondly, why I love this mascara is that it doesn't come off easily...it leaves a strange rubbery coat on the lashes no cry will ever vanish away..
it comes off a bit differently than other mascaras, rather in little pieces, so it doesn't stain my undereye area at all(which is good!!!no need to apply too much make up remover to the sensitive areas)

It's a very natural looking mascara. Gives a bit of length, but barely there effect. The best for wearing it every day. After I curl my lashes, I don't like using a heavy mascara anyway.

My only complaint is that it dries very quickly on the lashes, so I have to do them quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Ugh, this one fooled me. I was drawn in by the pretty packaging, a brush that looked promising, and the tiny price tag. Iíd had pretty good luck with another Essence mascara, so I thought Iíd give this a try. The brush looked so lush in the display that I just had to have it.

The first few swipes of this mascara are certainly lengthening, but after a few swipes the formula clumps my eyelashes together and they look like spider legs. The most disappointing aspect is that the mascara delivers absolutely no volume.

Iíve kept this mascara around because it does create a good natural look. My eyelashes are almost blonde, and the mascara does deliver good pigmentation. Itís a good natural-looking mascara, but itís a bitter disappointment when it comes to the 3-in-1 claim.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by meanieboyx3

So, this product comes in nice silver packaging.
The wand itself is very nice. I'd say its a small bit larger than the average mascara wand size. So this is a 3 in 1 mascara; for extra length,separation and volume. I would have to say that I haven't got a whole lotta' volume out of this mascara but I have definitely got length and separation! Thanks for reading :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to admit I chose this mascara without checking any review, only because of its packaging. it's so shiny and lovely! this mascara has nothing wrong, really, except for the fact that it's extremely light. it's almost like having no mascara at all if you apply to coats. you have to build up lots of layers to finally see it, and in the end the glossy effect comes out, but it just takes too much effort for me! I like using it for natural looks, but it really takes too long to achieve a decent effect. I will not repurchase for sure, Essence has many good mascaras for the same dirt cheap price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 5:47:00 AM More reviews by VioletPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like the mascara brush itself but the furmula is too runny and thin for my liking and made my eyes itching.